Posted on 02/03/15 @ 11:20 PM (updated 04/25/22
----------RISE OF WIZARDS MOD INSTRUCTIONS----------
1.Be sure to have updated your game to the 2.01 official patch
2.Be sure to have a backup of the files that will be replaced in case you want to return to the unmodded version
3.If your game is currently a modded version, it may not work.
Libraries.big - this is where the Spellbook purchasing scripts are.
englishpatch.big - contains the descriptions of the new skills, its the text you see when you read what the skill does
Maps.big - Just found this in the internet, it raises the camera's maximum height
Ini.big - Everything else i guess
Textures0 - New main menu background
1.There will be five .big files inside: the ini, libraries, Maps, textures, and englishpatch
2.Copy paste the files called "Ini", "Maps", "Libraries", and "Textures0" inside the BFME2 ROTWK folder
3.The "englishpatch" file on the other hand goes inside the "lang" folder found inside the BFME2 ROTWK folder
4.You are ready to play
*There is a bonus player created map file "Custom Hero Challenges" which is the same as the one posted here in bfmeheaven, but this has been modified to work properly with this mod. (If you played the one thats in bfmeheaven site, the heroes with map wide ranged abilities like gandalf blink and saruman lightningbolt will interrupt your 1v1 match with other heroes)
What started out as me slightly changing the data in the ini.big file to my liking, to now me giving some abilities to other units. Throughout the many times i played this game i wondered "Why isnt the AI using this ability?" or "Why doesnt this unit have this ability?" or "The computer can actually be strong if it used this ability!" so i decided to see why looking through the ini.big file. I noticed around half of all the abilites doesnt even have the needed code for computer to activate it. I added ai codes to almost all the abilities i could find. (I spectated many brutal difficulty 6 player computer vs computer matches to verify if an ability activates or not) I fixed practically all of it.
This is an updated version of my previous mod. It fixed some of what was not part of the previous version and added abilities to Custom heroes, heroes, and other units.
Here are what to expect most
- Almost all abilities are AI usable, the only ones that dont have AI are the ones computer can never properly use (like teleport army lv 2-3) or an ability that will not help them (like bloodlust which will cause Isengard's faction to eat itself, literally)
- New abilities and stat changes to many heroes
- In general, heroes are stronger, but not to the point they can become a one man army (well... until a wizard reaches rank 10 maybe)
- Hard and Brutal Computer can now purchase and use all spellbook abilities (only fixed hard and brutal difficulty) (Easy only purchases 1st stage spellbook and medium only up to 2nd stage)
- Custom Heroes get a lot of new abilities, maxing out the ability list. (The ability list can hold 21 non-chained abilities, adding more will make other abilities disappear by exceeding the list) Also any custom hero class can be used by any faction
- Wizard class has staffs with different weapon properties, be sure to try all of them
- Some Spellbook Powers have been switched, edited, or even replaced with a new one
More changes can be read through the notepad inside the zip file. Please read the bottom sections for the latest update changes.
NOTICE ON CUSTOM HERO AI:
- Custom Hero's AI doesnt work on player created maps IF unnaturally spawned. (needs to be summoned directly in game by fortress)
- IF a custom hero is naturally spawned and then levels up when fighting, it CANNOT USE upgraded abilities (Ex. Improved Fireball) unless the hero dies and is respawned at its current level. (Again, it has to be via fortress, and this applies even to developer made maps)
Don't know why but that's the way it is. This even applies to the unmodded or unpatched versions. All other units have perfectly working AI, so its only the custom hero.
I will try to update the mod every now and then, I only mod the game when i feel i wanna change or add something to make it more fun.
|Author||Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
This is a great mod. It makes the Create-a-Hero better for every class of hero.
Posted on 08/14/15 @ 11:47 AM
Posted on 04/16/21 @ 07:14 AM
(what is already implemented, is fully balanced, i tested mod 16 times, no balance issues found)
(Your mod is most creative hero creator mod ever created. you did briliant work. Ofc it is can became better and better, but you did so many for your fans and download number is biggest argument here.. even famous project some versions had not such rating)
(that is done is already useful, but would be happy if we could see wizard faction or wizardish remake exiting factions to make mod ambient one.
we know, you are so busy, so it is just our wish..
thanks for great job again)
(I wish you had more time to prove that do best mod ever done.. would be good add hero classes with new powers in cash, for example, beast master, werewolf, vampire..)
Additional Comments: you are best and always is possible to be better