Moderated by Sir Hugh, Atzy, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Hamachi Network Reference
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
posted 01-25-09 09:20 PM EDT (US)   
What is Hamachi?

Hamachi is a zero-configuration virtual private network (VPN) shareware application capable of establishing direct links between computers that are behind NAT firewalls without requiring reconfiguration.

Basically, it lets you play games with other people without all the hassle of going online.

How do I download Hamachi?

Here is a link where you can download Hamachi. Installation should be fast, and if you follow all of the instructions, you shouldn't have a problem.

How do I join/create a Hamachi network?

To join an existing Hamachi network, find the bottom-right corner of the Hamachi window. Click on the button that resembles a triangle, and then click "Join an existing network". Simply enter the network name and the network password, and you should be all set.

To create a new Hamachi network, click on the same triangle-like button. This time, click on "Create a new network". Enter the desired network name and the password associated with it.

What are some networks I can join where I can play BFME2/ROTWK with other people?

This is a list of several Hamachi networks that were created with the purpose of playing BFME2/ROTWK.

Network Name: BFME2H_PLAY (newest network)
Password: heavengames

Network Name: BFME2H
Password: dagorlad

Network Name:BFME2H_2

Network Name: BFME2H2
Password: rhun

Network Name: BFME2HG

Network Name: rotwk01
Password: 123

Network Name: rotwk02
Password: 123

Post here and I'll add more.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson

[This message has been edited by Blatant7 (edited 01-23-2010 @ 09:42 PM).]

Replies:
posted 04-16-09 10:48 AM EDT (US)     26 / 86  
Are those instructions for windows XP? I have Vista. I cannot seem to find the folder you are talking about.
posted 04-16-09 04:05 PM EDT (US)     27 / 86  
Yeah that's for win XP. Vista is a dark distant territory for me :P

Try searching for a file named "Options.ini" on your hard drive.
posted 04-16-09 08:06 PM EDT (US)     28 / 86  
Hmmm. cant seem to find it still. I found the bmfe 2 folder, but no options.ini I found some online files that had .big after it and an ini.big file but couldn't open any of them because windows didn't have an application that would open them. So i don't know.
posted 04-16-09 11:37 PM EDT (US)     29 / 86  
I did find it actually and i came online for a moment i think.. the screen dident change from the login page but i saw the messenger got spammed online lol.. anyway after that i got connection time out.. geuss the problem was that i connected with 64kbps and/or with proxy. anyway.. it was the confirmation i needed. now i know the servers are still up. And have regained some faith trying to research on it.
posted 05-05-09 03:46 PM EDT (US)     30 / 86  
Blatant: Could you edit the first post and mention the first network is being updated and kept fresh? (Currently it says the opposite).

This is so that new people join this network instead of trying to join the others, which are full and sort of inactive
posted 05-05-09 07:55 PM EDT (US)     31 / 86  
Sure thing.

posted 05-06-09 11:38 AM EDT (US)     32 / 86  
Every single one is full? Wtf? How? Omg? I want to play BFME2? D: Help?
posted 05-06-09 12:41 PM EDT (US)     33 / 86  
Join BFME2H (pass: dagorlad).
I made some room yesterday but someone else joined today.
Cleaned up some room again, you can now join
posted 05-07-09 03:16 PM EDT (US)     34 / 86  
20:16(GMT) 07/05/09 : FULL. STILL FULL. OMG.
posted 05-07-09 03:34 PM EDT (US)     35 / 86  
Two new people joined yesterday!

I'll make more room when I get to my other computer
posted 05-17-09 09:34 AM EDT (US)     36 / 86  
full yet again
and i so wanna play...
posted 05-17-09 02:39 PM EDT (US)     37 / 86  
I always leave a single slot open, so if somebody joins it might take a day till I login again and make the cleanup ^^

Blatant: If we keep getting new people I might have to ask you to have admin rights of the second network as well, because I can't delete any more people from the first one :s
posted 05-17-09 04:25 PM EDT (US)     38 / 86  
well i guess ill just have to wait

as you can't delete anyoneform the firs i guess they all active and so ther won't open a slot?
Well i hope you will get admin rights for the 2 one .
gl
posted 05-22-09 09:16 PM EDT (US)     39 / 86  
I've made a new network to run in parallel with the BFME2H network. Members who are already in the first network will not be accepted as it would be silly to have to networks with the same members. Also all inactive members (the ones I don't see logged in for a few days, actually) will be temporarily evicted, but they may join back anytime.

Network name: BFME2H_2
Network pass: dagorlad
posted 05-23-09 06:59 AM EDT (US)     40 / 86  
joined the new one!

only kinda..

how do i play a game with this? ^^

can somoene tell me plz? So i see evryone in tat network,
and.. what than? How do i play a game wiht one of those people? I clikc on their name or someting? and than? how do i play bfme2 with it?

i never had something like hamachi or w/h so im not really sure what to do

thx in advance

[This message has been edited by Algis1992 (edited 05-23-2009 @ 07:02 AM).]

posted 05-23-09 06:05 PM EDT (US)     41 / 86  
When you see someone in that network online (their pin is green), start the game and from the main menu go to Multiplayer > Network. You'll have entered the game lobby.

Other players must be in the lobby as well for you to see them, so speak with other members by right-clicking their names on hamachi, then Chat.
posted 05-24-09 09:47 AM EDT (US)     42 / 86  
k thx
posted 05-24-09 10:05 PM EDT (US)     43 / 86  
Hey there =D

My friends and I have been playing together on Hamachi. We are pretty nooby, but we're starting to get bored with 2 players vs. 3 brutals and 3 players vs. 4 brutals. Brutals aren't so brutal anymore...
Anyways, we'd like to get into some more PvP instead of PvAI.
Join my hamachi network and (if you want) give me a shout on Xfire, I'd love to make some new buddies for BFME2 =D

server name: JARED_BFME2
password: purple

Hope to see some of you soon =D
posted 05-25-09 01:26 PM EDT (US)     44 / 86  
To everyone:

Can I suggest joining the existing networks instead of creating your own? The more networks we have, the more confusing it gets. The current networks are being moderated pretty well, as you can see from Crusard's post.

posted 05-25-09 01:45 PM EDT (US)     45 / 86  
Sorry, I made it because whenever I try to connect to the other servers they are full.
By the way, Multimed and Crusard tried to play on the network but the chat log says they couldn't get it working. My friends and I have had very similar problems and I can tell you that it has to do with firewall settings. Disabling your firewall completely isn't the smartest idea when connecting to a hamachi network of people you don't know, but that would work if you don't want to tinker with firewall settings. (I know that can be arduous >.< )

[This message has been edited by Jadex924 (edited 05-25-2009 @ 01:48 PM).]

posted 05-25-09 02:00 PM EDT (US)     46 / 86  
Yeah, no problem. I can understand how frustrating it must be to be locked out of a network because it is too full. Crusard's new network should have room for you and your friends, however.

Edit: Thanks for the advice Jadex. I personally have never encountered any virus problems with using Hamachi, however it's obviously the user's choice.

[This message has been edited by Blatant7 (edited 05-25-2009 @ 02:02 PM).]

posted 05-25-09 03:21 PM EDT (US)     47 / 86  
Jadex: multimed ("pizza" ingame) and I finally got to play after he disabled his firewall. He couldn't even see me on the lobby or any chat, but I could see him.
After the firewall was disabled, everything worked fine ^^
posted 05-25-09 06:01 PM EDT (US)     48 / 86  
i got yet another question. :P

so like when i go in network thingy im always named "pc and than idkwhatnumber " how to change this? Or is this only myslf seeing it this way?

played a gamem with crusard, kinda problems starting the game :P
nver had this with just online ^^
bad first imression

jk

:P

well...

^^

Game itself went afwul for me, it was on ettenmoors (or w/h), a map i nver played on and idk. So i like build fuace next to gob creep, woops, 300 recources lost ^^, so i go build it just outside creep range of goblincreep, and guss what? a whright creep. There go 300 recoruces again ^^. So i was like getting owned at the beginning of the game becuase could afford only 1 warg batt w/h and had no mkney for imedialty a pit ^^.
I ended up abusing OP wildmen summon on Crussards Fort

Last time i do a map-not-fords-of-IsenII :P

Edit:

i am kinda inactive bcz of school atm, so if you wonder y i am not online lately... hope i wont get kicked out, its over by firday ^^

<3 Fords of Isen II, now more than ever...

ah anwyas just someone answer first question? :P

[This message has been edited by Algis1992 (edited 06-15-2009 @ 06:35 PM).]

posted 08-17-09 11:23 PM EDT (US)     49 / 86  
Hi i just got my copy of bfme2 working and I wanted to know if there were any other servers than these because they are always full whenever it ry to join them. If possible would you list some others or clear out some of the afks . Thanks
posted 08-18-09 11:30 AM EDT (US)     50 / 86  
I've made some room in BFME2H_2.
BFME2H is harder to admin because I don't have admin rights on the computer I use the most (Blatant, anytime? :P)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Dagorlad (Multiplayer) » Hamachi Network Reference
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames