Lady Arcola and I have decided to do a discussion thread on where we want the story to go, any ideas, etc. It will also be a way to avoid confusion like we did in the goblin tunnels. We shall also have a 'Frodo watch', a thing that tells us what is happening in middle earth at this time of the story.
And so, let us begin!
- left the Prancing Pony to go north, towards Fornost.
- Pulkit Joins.
- Tarquinius and L0rd W0lf join.
- we fight off a raiding band of orcs - just!
- we defeat a Nazgul-led army, banishing the Ringwraith
- after being ambushed, Maximus Decimus and Xantos save the day, and join.
- Pulkit leaves for an unknown errand... He leaves his Eagle behind, an indication to some that he may be back.
- Gerbs walks out of the undergrowth, and joins.
- the group stumble across Glofindel, hunting orcs. They are heading towards the Ettenmoor hills
- Doctorquibbeler rides into our camp, pursued by a unusually large pack of wolves...
- after a fierce and bloody battle, Spawn is knocked out. Glofindel leaves to save Frodo.
- Night falls two days later. Johndisp is tracking us, and finds us just in time to warn us about giant spiders...
- Yamato joins in, bringing down a mountain giant to the wonder of all!
- Franey_rules appears suddenly, turns the tide of battle, and the Company survive the battle. However, the newcomer disappears!
- up in the mountains, The Dunidain and Elves of the company are horrified to discover that the others had been kidnapped by goblins! They charge down the tunnels after then.
- Franey_rules, having shadowed the party since their ascent into the mountains, free the Captives. They face goblins swarming in from all sides...
- ...As Cirdan interrogates a goblin, and learns of a plot to bring them to Dol Guildor!
- two mysterious elves are apparently sent by Pulkit to help the company. EoJ and the others are still trapped in the deep, though...
- after a large battle underground, the now re-united party flees the tunnels, and plunge into mirkwood
- where Thurandil captures them. He takes them to his halls.
- Pulkit returns. The party goes on well into the night.
- a unusual amount of freezing rain delays the border patrols.
- Bartok finds entlings being captured by Orcs and comes back for help.
- Erucolindo "the white wraith" Elessar joins the story.
- Franey_rules takes his own life rather than join the Ringwraiths
- a large battle ensures outside the Urk-hai camp. Thurandil reinforces mid battle. EoJ pursues the ringwraith, leaving the battle behind.
- the group withdraws to Thurandil's hills. Johndisp sets off in search of EoJ. EoJ rescued by Eragon.
- EoJ and Eragon meet Glofindel. It is decided that they should look for the scattered border patrols to get more men.
- a sally destroys some of the siege weapons. The Siege begins proper.
- Pulkit seems to show signs of recovery.
- the orcs over run the cliffs at the back of the fortress.
- The Fellowship retreat to the caves.
- Felanil moves to rescue Sobet, who is captured.
- as the company shelter in the caves, Pulkit returns and leads the sally forth.
- Felanil rescues Sobet in one of the most emotional posts I’
- Elsewhere, a vampire-type-being struggles with Sauron atop the mountains.
- Boddah Jumps on Felanil and Sobet, and joins the company
- Ikawi meets a battalion of Orcs that are swarming down the cliff. He makes a wall of flame to protect him and the flank.
- Learin Attacks from the back of the orc army, surprising them.
- The enemy releases Trolls into the halls.
- The Fellowship takes positions on the bridge as a final stand.
- Ikawi rushes to warn Thurandil…
- Flame wakes up in a makeshift hospital. He rejoins the company at the bridge.
- As thing looks grim, the sun comes out, breaking through the clouds. Elessar charges down the hill to relieve the siege. The company charge over the bridge to meet him. But it isn’
t over yet…
- A whole battalion of orcs chases Ikawi down from the cliffs.
- The Elvin riders dismount, and charge into the rearguard of orcs, Elessar leading.
- Flame and Ikawi team up to attack the trolls.
- The forces of light meet together at the bridge. Both sides withdraw for the last assault, and then clash together. Bartok takes on the Orc chief. The Forces of evil break.
- Bartok is found. The decision is made to go east to rescue the captured Flame and the Sauron-possessed Ikawi.
- We leave the Halls.
- SuicidalScotsman joins.
- Ikawi and his orcs devastate a village. Raina is caught in a quicksand trap laid by Ikawi and is rescued.
- Estrenton and Eruco leave suddenly at night, separately. Bartok has a dream.
- The Party come to the devastated Village. Eruco faces Ikawi off, and is possessed by Sauron briefly. However, he manages to free himself.
- Eruco refuses to attack Ikawi, who kills him. Estrenton and Flame look on in Horror. Ikawi escapes.
- Flame and Estrenton find the fellowship. They tell of Ikawi and Eruco.
- Elesser has a vision, concerning a burning body, a silver hall, a golden throne, a field of battle, and a banner. He faints.
- Raina is told of Eruco's death. She collapses in tears.
- Elesser comes out of the trance at night, and sneaks off to follow something in explicable.
- He experiences another vision- concerning the Hall again and Galadrial. When he comes out of it, Eruco is standing before him, and he has in his hand a banner, like he had seen in his vision.
- Eruco and Elesser rejoin the Fellowship. Eruco meets Raina. Elesser reveals the Banner of the Valar to the Fellowship.
- Flame leaves to pursue Ikawi
- Erucco and Estrenton leave on a journy they will not tell the others about
- The fellowship find a village being attacked. The plunge into the flames and attempt to rescue the villagers
- Many different conflicts ensure- Sobet and an arch enemy of his, Eruco, Spawn and Bartok with many easterlings and a Mumakil, and Elesser and Arthion rescue people from a burning building, were they meet Al-Azzar. He escapes.
- The fellowship win the day, newcomer Nomad saving Elesser from being trapped in a burning building. The fellowship leave, escorting the rest of the village to Dale.
- Ikawi is completly corrupted by Sauron. Flame turns back and follows the fellowship
- The fellowship sights Erebor and Dale.
- The fellowship makes it to Dale. Much celebration is had.
- The Goblins, led by the assassins of Mordor and the 5 souls of Morgoroth, attack Erebor. Dain sends a runner to Lake town to get help. Elsewhere, Elesser steals a scroll out of Bain's library.
- The fellowship recieve the message and rush to Erebor. They drive the Goblins back, only to find that the 5 souls of Morgorth and the 5 assassins are waiting for them Ferocius duels erupt. There is heroism on both sides, but can only be one winner on the Duel of the Heros...
- The fellowship defeat the Souls and Assassins. Eruco and Raina fall into the pit to be helped by the Nomad. The Nomad helps Raina out of the pit Eruco fights 2 Balrogs of Morgoth, and dies.
- The Fellowship prepare to face the Balrogs and avenge Eruco.
- Eruco comes back from the wraith world and re-joins the battle. Balrog 1 is defeated.
- Sobet and Eruco decend into the pit to find Felanil, while the rest of the Fellowship rush to help Laketown.
- Sobet and Eruco come accross Scar Seregon (Matmir). Eruco tames him, and Scar pledges his life to him.
- Eruco, Sobet and Scar emerge from the pit and tell Raina that they couldn't find him
- The Battle of Laketown rages on.
- The battle ends- the forces of light are victorius.
- A large party is thrown, while Eruco and Raina argue with each other intensely before pledgeing their love to each other
- The council of the North begins. Council is given as to the where they venture next.
- The Fellowship heads towards Mirkwood.
- The Fellowship attack the orc pits. Many events occour, Eruco finds a tiny child and gives it to Raina to care for, and the emerging Erucain, Eruco's first son. The Adventurer's get seperated.
- Death of Bartok.
- The fellowship meet after encountering varius enemys. Eruco names the baby Bartok.
- Barlain takes a vow of revenge. The Fellowship say goodbye to Bartok. News of the Orcs left in the pit reaches the Fellowship
- They embark on a swanship to head south.
- They are summoned to Lorien.
- The company arrive in Lorian. Galadrial and Celeborn meet them.
- The Grey company arrives. Xantos pulls off a prank on Raina and Harlbarad, who is Raina's father, with the help of Sobet and Elesser.
- Raina and Eruco marry. Kesteria leaves with the grey company.
- The fellowship leave Lorian and sail downriver.
- They are ambushed by two corsair ships. A desperate fight ensures, involving Hammal, two fellbeasts and god knows how many Corsairs.
- Balain slays Hammal. The fellowship is separated into two groups after a Watcher destroys the ships.
- Raina is captured buy Erucain and taken to Dol Goldur.
- After adventures, Pulkit's group are just outside the besieged Cair Andrios, while Elesser's group find a tunnel to the castle. Spawn sacrifices himself so the rest can block off the tunnel.
- The two groups meet in Cair Andrios, and Elesser makes an enemy in the form of Mallor, a young captain. Spawn arrives, bruised, battered, but very much alive. It is unknown as yet how he survived. The defenders retreat to the inner wall.
- Arthion arrives with his sister and a Haradriam. Elesser and Mallor argue again, and Eruco, Estrenton, Harloth and Garathor head north again for Dol Guildor.
- Eruco summons the black pheonix.
- Eruco, Estrenton, Harloth and Garthor arrive in Dol Goldur.
- Raina is rescued. Erucain is freed from the evil that possess him, Writers Smeagol and Gandalf join, Averia restores Eruco to his Elven form and departs to become Arda's newest star.
- Ikawi battles to the end and is released from Sauron by his death by his brother Eruco. The survivors flee Dol Guldur. Eruco takes Raina to Lorien.
- Everyone back at Cair Andros. Faramir arrives. Yflig collapses
- Yflig is healed,the darkness of Mordor engulfs the island and Faramir takes 3 of his soldiers and dashes to Minas Tirith the fellowship and the survivors of Cair are fleeing to Minas Tirith
- Pulkit Joins.
A Post by FMBM
Most people here who are posting have seen the movies, and the movies are good and accurate for the most part to the Tolkien world. . . .However, we are writing a fictional story that coincides with the Tolkien world, which means*I would like to say that I don't perticually mind small scale powers, such as Ikawi's ability to look into minds. However, I'll take them on a case-by-case basis.
1.) It must at least partly read like the Lord of the Rings, not a school report written in 10 minutes. Put some time and effort into your posts, it's normal for a write up to take anywhere from and hour to two, I frequently take 2 hours to write my posts (that's why i havn't been posting so much, hard to find 2 hours in a day
). This is also where the books come in and play there part, reading the books helps you to know how Tolkien wrote his books, the man was a grammer teacher so he knew how to write So i realy encourage everyone here (execpt those who have read LOTR) to pick up LOTR at a library or even buy it, and get reading. It's easy reading and is a page turner, you won't regret it realy.
2.) We must Not have a battle every other post. If you read LOTR you will relize how little fighting there is, at least in the first chapters (i have yet to get to the large scale battles
) so concentrate on developing your charecter and writing interesting non battle related posts. Ever forget charecters names? This is because their Charecter has not been developed. In LOTR Tolkien takes time to develop the charecters and allows the reader to "get to know them".
3.) Develop a plan and a main thrust when you are going to do somthing I.E. leave, encounter somthing. Many times people just make it up as they go along, which yes you have to do but also formulate ideas in your head of where you want to go. For example, when i sent Felanil plunging into the abyss with the balrog before i even posted that i was developing what would happen and if he would die or not, thus making it easier and more effective when i wrote my posts about the fight with the Balrog.
4.) When refering to love (this is not just for Eruco Raina and myself) try not to make your charecter head over heals and do stupid things. Subtle love makes for a good story and keeps you hooked.
5.) Write about the little things. This will make sense if you have read TLOTR, notice how Tolkien focuses on small things, such as hunger, thirst, looking at the clouds, the charecters thoughts on the terrain about them, sounds smells. All these things can be wonderfully combined to make a highly superior book/post, this i daresay is why LOTR is so popular. Tolkien's amazing detail of his charecters and the ability to relate with them, and just the way he makes it interesting to know that Sam's feet hurt him while walking!
6.) Research! Perhaps one of the worst things to do is post somthing that is not possible in the Tolkien world. I hate to single you out Ageofkings but your latest post with undead elves is, not very accurate to say the least. And if you're thinking "well who does he think he is? How about helping instead of just talking" then here you go, i'm putting my money where my mouth is:
http://www.tuckborough.net/This website has an unbeleiveable wealth of information. Wanna know almost anything about Tolkien's world then go there. I suggest you make this almost as important as the AC itself. An improper story is a bad story, no matter how well written.
Take this also into acount when creating your charecters. This means if a creature is not mentioned in any of Tolkien's books we must assume we cannot create a new one. This is what seperates Tolkien's work and the AC from games like warcraft etc.
7.) Use very little magic and things not of the normal world. Tolkien did not fill LOTR with magic spells etc every chapter. Magical and mystical things are very rare and hard to come by in Middle Earth. This is another reason why LOTR is so popular to such a broad range and things like Warcraft are not. Tolkien's books make you feel that if ever there were to be "beleiveable" magical happenings in the world it would be as is written. Main point, tone down the magic, I.E don't blast the hell out of half an army, or summon a troll for you. You don't see that happening in the books, do you?*
Now, all this being said, i do not mean offense towards anyone nor wish to discourage you from writing anymore. But rather to listen and learn from it. Granted everyone here is not a writer (including myself) but that does not mean you cannot do your best and think out your posts.
I think if everyone follows these few points from now on we can realy make a fabulous story here and everyone will have superior posts.
And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 02-10-2009 @ 06:29 AM).]