Moderated by Sir Hugh, Atzy, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Hamachi Network Reference
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 01-25-09 09:20 PM EDT (US)   
What is Hamachi?

Hamachi is a zero-configuration virtual private network (VPN) shareware application capable of establishing direct links between computers that are behind NAT firewalls without requiring reconfiguration.

Basically, it lets you play games with other people without all the hassle of going online.

How do I download Hamachi?

Here is a link where you can download Hamachi. Installation should be fast, and if you follow all of the instructions, you shouldn't have a problem.

How do I join/create a Hamachi network?

To join an existing Hamachi network, find the bottom-right corner of the Hamachi window. Click on the button that resembles a triangle, and then click "Join an existing network". Simply enter the network name and the network password, and you should be all set.

To create a new Hamachi network, click on the same triangle-like button. This time, click on "Create a new network". Enter the desired network name and the password associated with it.

What are some networks I can join where I can play BFME2/ROTWK with other people?

This is a list of several Hamachi networks that were created with the purpose of playing BFME2/ROTWK.

Network Name: BFME2H_PLAY (newest network)
Password: heavengames

Network Name: BFME2H
Password: dagorlad

Network Name:BFME2H_2

Network Name: BFME2H2
Password: rhun

Network Name: BFME2HG

Network Name: rotwk01
Password: 123

Network Name: rotwk02
Password: 123

Post here and I'll add more.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson

[This message has been edited by Blatant7 (edited 01-23-2010 @ 09:42 PM).]

Replies:
posted 01-26-09 11:06 AM EDT (US)     1 / 86  
Stuck. A guide of how to set up your own would go down well, as well as perhaps 'point of reference'- ask before you can come in

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
posted 01-26-09 03:11 PM EDT (US)     2 / 86  
I'll get to work on it. Unless Blatant already has some work/time invested into it.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor

[This message has been edited by Catabre (edited 01-26-2009 @ 03:12 PM).]

posted 01-26-09 09:21 PM EDT (US)     3 / 86  
I think new networks would only make it harder for people to play together. I mean what's the point of having 10 networks with 2 active players each when we could have a single one that holds everyone?

I think it's better to clean up the currently existing networks (beginning with the currently full one) so there's room for active players.
I usually see the following people on: Pasier, Blatant, Spec, Atzy, Rogash2, Brunogorn, Strykeypoo, and Jaeger, though some of them never answer back when I talk to them (please start hamachi only when you want to play ).

My suggestion would be to kick inactive members from the main network and keep it a single network. If they want to play again, they can join back anytime.

[This message has been edited by Crusard (edited 01-27-2009 @ 02:19 PM).]

posted 01-28-09 09:44 AM EDT (US)     4 / 86  
If you boot someone that is inactive I can join again. I accidentally left the primary network.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
posted 01-28-09 08:51 PM EDT (US)     5 / 86  
I sent out a notice today. It basically says that if you are not active between now and next Wednesday, you will be kicked. If you are kicked however, you can always join back providing the network is not full.

posted 01-28-09 09:09 PM EDT (US)     6 / 86  
I try to be on. sorry if i dont respond.

"When life gives me lemons I make beef stew." Excerpt from Andy Milonakis's Theme Song.
posted 02-06-09 04:19 PM EDT (US)     7 / 86  
quick few questions for the hamachi noob.
1.)how do you know if people are on?
2.)how do you play against them?
3.)can I play cross-network (from one of our networks to another)

Join me and many others on RotWK patch 2.02 and enjoy the game in its most balanced form ever.

2.02 main page
posted 02-06-09 06:02 PM EDT (US)     8 / 86  
1) The little star icon on the left of their nicknames lights up in green.

2) From the main menu go to Network, you'll find any connected users there.

3) You can play with anyone in the networks you are, but if "Player 1" is on "Network 1", and "Player 2" is in "Network 2" they won't see each other. They can both, however, join your game and play together (as long as you are the host, you are the "link" between them).

This is why I suggested the hamachi network to be kept single, instead of many different ones where nobody plays :P
posted 02-06-09 09:41 PM EDT (US)     9 / 86  
dang, no one is ever on on BFME2HG and both the other networks are full.

Join me and many others on RotWK patch 2.02 and enjoy the game in its most balanced form ever.

2.02 main page
posted 02-09-09 03:18 PM EDT (US)     10 / 86  
I seem to be unable to connect to Hamachi. It says "Failed to automatically determine your web proxy configuration" whenever I turn on Hamachi, and so I can't manage our main network for the time being.

I think we should have a network just for those in the tournament, that way we can all be together. I would set it up, if it weren't for the issues mentioned above. Someone else should do it.

posted 02-09-09 04:52 PM EDT (US)     11 / 86  
How a about one for those in the ROTWK tourney and one for those in the BFMEII tourney

Eso: Danno527
Favorite Civs: French, Irosquis, Germans
posted 02-09-09 06:56 PM EDT (US)     12 / 86  
That happened to me too Blatant. Try making sure you have the latest version of Hamachi.

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
posted 03-26-09 09:04 PM EDT (US)     13 / 86  
guys Im having the missmatch problem...can someone help me with that?
posted 04-01-09 07:56 PM EDT (US)     14 / 86  
Is there any other BFMEII room that is actually NOT full?
posted 04-01-09 10:48 PM EDT (US)     15 / 86  
I've made some room in the main Hamachi network, try joining again!
posted 04-05-09 03:04 PM EDT (US)     16 / 86  
Hey guys is there any space left in the server for me? i've been trying for the past 20 minutes. can't get it
thanks.
posted 04-05-09 05:41 PM EDT (US)     17 / 86  
Made some more room, you should be able to join now.
posted 04-05-09 06:14 PM EDT (US)     18 / 86  
Thanks Crusard, I'm still experiencing some Hamachi difficulties. I assume you didn't kick me right?

posted 04-05-09 07:50 PM EDT (US)     19 / 86  
Yeah, I haven't seen you active lately so I just decided to ban you...

Just kidding
*Right now* I'm also having trouble connecting (had to try 2 times), but that seems to be the usual hamachi connecting trouble. Just disconnect and reconnect as usual.
posted 04-12-09 08:23 AM EDT (US)     20 / 86  
join:

rotwk01/123
rotwk02/123

i aslo play rotwk 2.02 and i can help u to install the patch
posted 04-13-09 04:04 AM EDT (US)     21 / 86  
Name:"[HT]Battle for middle earth 2"
Pass:"[HT]Battle for middle earth 2"

[This message has been edited by Anubis2108 (edited 04-16-2009 @ 11:39 PM).]

posted 04-13-09 11:38 PM EDT (US)     22 / 86  
Hi guys, I'm brand new to the forums and was hoping to play BFME 2 online. I was high ranked in online play when the EA servers were still up and would love to get back into playing online. How many people from this site still play the game online? I finally got into the Hamachi network listed by Anubis, but no one is online. How easy is it to get into a game, and how do you connect to each other once you are in the game? Is it like a LAN game or just like it use to be when you would connect to EA's servers. Thanks for the help.
posted 04-14-09 06:14 AM EDT (US)     23 / 86  
Hey GreenLF

Dont worry Mblue and me is active in the channel.
I am just not online when in school.
i am usely online from 2:30 pm (GMT+1).

i am ready to play against you to day if you want. just come online and we will talk

Regarding the ea servers.. dident know they where closed. I havent been able to come online last time i tryed is that the reason?

And if so how do i get online again? and is it possible?

Regarding your question if you are asking how we play together on hamachi its through lan game.

[This message has been edited by Anubis2108 (edited 04-14-2009 @ 06:17 AM).]

posted 04-14-09 11:17 AM EDT (US)     24 / 86  
Awesome, It would be fun to play. As for EA's servers, I'm not 100% sure what happened, but I just assumed they were shut down as I havn't been able to connect for like 6 months.
posted 04-14-09 01:36 PM EDT (US)     25 / 86  
GreenLf: Go to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\My Battle for Middle-earth(tm) II Files and open Options.ini. Delete any line referring to internet play (IPs and anything you see there). Do not access the options screen afterwards or it'll become like before.

If that doesn't work, try deleting all the lines in Options.ini and then try again.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Dagorlad (Multiplayer) » Hamachi Network Reference
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames