If you are creating a mod where, for one reason or another, you need several heroes in the one faction, you can use these versions of commandset.ini and commandbutton.ini to save you the effort of coding the extra buttons you will need to create and revive them from the fortress. On its own, it causes no visible change in the game, except by allowing ring heroes and create-a-heroes from old citadel buildings (probably obselete now anyway).
The following changes have been made:
- The command set for every fortress, citadel, monument, and so on, has had its number of hero revival slots increased to 16, usually from 7 or 8.
- The corresponding command buttons to show the heroes have been slightly recoded to show all the new buttons.
***** INTEGRATING THE CODE *****
1. Extract the two ini files from this folder.
2. Open up the BIG file for your mod, or the INI.BIG file if you're editing it directly.
3. Select Edit, then Add File.
4. Find commandbutton.ini and commandset.ini in the locations you extracted them to.
5. Select one of them and choose open.
6. Do stages 3-5 for the other file.
7. Save the BIG file.
*** POTENTIAL PROBLEMS ***
If you have already made changes to commandset.ini or commandbutton.ini, this would overwrite it. Typical.
You would either have to overwrite it and make your changes again (groan) or manually go through it and copy over the bits you need (groan).
The second option, though tedious, would probably take less time than doing the whole thing yourself.
If you choose to do this, here is what you need to copy over:
Any command set in commandset.ini that contains the hero revival commands from Command_GenericReviveSlot1, etc, running to 16. Copy the whole command set - unless, of course, you know better!
All the command buttons in commandbutton.ini between "New hero revival slots" and "originals forthwith".
And command button in commandbutton.ini that begins Command_SelectRevivables... where the number by CommandRangeCount has been changed to 19.
*** USING WITHOUT THE RISE OF THE WITCH KING ***
Though this is used for The Rise of the Witch King, it is entirely possible that you may use bits of it in any mod for the original BFMEII.