This basically adds Arnor to the game in an 'as-is' way - no effort has been made to improve it to a playable quality, as it took around 3 minutes to make, including switching on the computer. It probably does not work with War of the Ring. For modders, all I have done is changed the line "PlayableFaction = No" to "PlayableFaction = Yes". If you intend to create a full Arnor mod, there is little point in you downloading this one. I do not ask for credit. For non-modders, just mess about with it.
Arnor is almost entirely like the Men faction, with an elven barracks, two elven powers and one dwarven power added. It has its own heroes - presumably all faced in the campaign, which I have not finished - that still show signs of the heroes they are based on. The one who has lightning sword actually uses a Word-of-power style power, where he throws down what I assume is a palantír, and it kills ALL nearby units.
A very accurate review - but a bit unfair if you haven't successfully actually used it yet. Use the "post comment" button and not the "post review" button unless you wish to actually assess the file.
My ReadMe file was probably a bit unclear, so I'll try to clarify here:
1. Find the file C/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king/INI.big.
2. Make a backup of the file by copying and pasting it to somewhere else.
3. Copy the INI.big file in the folder you downloaded.
4. Paste it into the C/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king folder.
5. The mod should now run automatically. If you want to remove it, copy back the backup.
Unless you want to mod it from scratch yourself, you're probably now better off with Jordan The Spaz's mod, which is more complete.
Edit: or robnkarla's mod.
[Edited on 03/11/07 @ 05:16 AM]
Posted on 10/19/09 @ 02:06 PM
is there also a mod that you can play the last allience the elven and humans agains sauron