Posted on 04/20/20 @ 04:38 AM (updated 04/29/20
Rohan open-world is back for Edain Mod 4.5!
|Number of Players:
The map contains almost the whole Rohan, including Edoras, Helm's Deep, Isengard, Fangorn, fords of Isen, and a big plain of Rohan.
The map is made to be played 2v2, but now you can play it also 1v1, 2v1.
Edoras and Helm's Deep are optimized to be played as Rohan faction. Both players can pick Rohan and expect some small differences between the two cities (dIfferent heroes mainly):
- Edoras player can recruit Royal archers, Merry, Gamling, Eowyn, Theodred, Theoden and Gandalf the White.
- Helm's Deep player can recruit Hama, Eomer, Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas and Haldir with his Galadhrim.
Other factions can be played, but they aren't adapted with additionnal units and spells. Lothlorien and Dwarves are not playable in Edoras and Helm's Deep.
One player is in Edoras, one in Helm's Deep, one in Isengard and one in a normal camp (for evil). If a player wants to control Edoras AND Helm's Deep, he may pick Edoras and leave the Helm's Deep slot empty. He will get the control of the two cities.
The map has be made to be played multiplayer, but AI is very challenging if you play as Good side. A very good way to expect a strong challenge is to play 1v2 as Rohan in Edoras. As mentionned before, you will control Edoras and Helm's Deep and will have to defend both fortresses.
- Size of Orthanc tower much bigger to be more realistic.
- Saruman's lightning power when he's on top of
Orthanc now can be casted on the whole map!
- Ents spellpower reworked in the spirit of new Edain spellbook concept: now it is a left tree power, meaning that it's no longer a summon. It's a passive power which unlocks the Entmoot in the Fangorn forest. There are two of them, so Both Rohan player can have access to it.
- The right side of the Rohan spellbook offers you 2 powerful powers which summon armies of all Middle Earth, including Gondor army, led by Boromir. Armies are temporary but Boromir stays on map until he's killed.
- Some cosmetic changes
- Some balance changes
- Many bugs fixed
I'm looking forward to your opinion and suggestions, as well as bug reports.
Have fun! :)