----------RISE OF WIZARDS MOD INSTRUCTIONS----------
1.Be sure to have updated your game to the 2.01 official patch
2.Be sure to have a backup of the files that will be relaced in case you want to return to the unmodded version
3.If your game is currently a modded version, it may not work.
Libraries.big - this is where the Spellbook purchasing scripts are.
englishpatch.big - contains the descriptions of the new skills, its the text you see when you read what the skill does
Maps.big - Just found this in the internet, it raises the camera's maximum height
Ini.big - Everything else i guess
*There is a bonus player created map file "Custom Hero Challenges" which is the same as the one posted here in bfmeheaven, but this has been modified to work properly with this mod. (If you played the one thats in bfmeheaven site, the heroes with map wide ranged abilities like gandalf blink and saruman lightningbolt will interrupt your 1v1 match with other heroes)
1.There will be four .big files inside: the ini, libraries, Maps, and englishpatch
2.Copy paste the files called "Ini", "Maps" and "Libraries" inside the BFME2 ROTWK folder
3.The "englishpatch" file on the other hand goes inside the "lang" folder found inside the BFME2 ROTWK folder
4.You are ready to play
What started out as me slightly changing the data in the ini.big file to my liking, to now me giving some abilities to other units. Throughout the many times i played this game i wondered "Why isnt the AI using this ability?" or "Why doesnt this unit have this ability?" or "The computer can actually be strong if it used this ability!" so i decided to see why looking through the ini.big file. I noticed around half of all the abilites doesnt even have the needed code for computer to activate it. I added ai codes to almost all the abilities i could find. (I spectated many brutal difficulty 6 player computer vs computer matches to verify if an ability activates or not) I fixed practically all of it.
This is an updated version of my previous mod. It fixed some of what was not part of the previous version and added abilities to Custom heroes, heroes, and other units.
Here are what to expect most
- Almost all abilities are AI usable, the only ones that dont have AI are the ones computer can never properly use (like teleport army lv 2-3) or an ability that will not help them (like bloodlust which will cause Isengard's faction to eat itself, literally)
- New abilities and stat changes to many heroes
- In general, heroes are stronger, but not to the point they can become a one man army (well... until a wizard reaches rank 10 maybe)
- Hard and Brutal Computer can now purchase and use all spellbook abilities (only fixed hard and brutal difficulty) (Easy only purchases 1st stage spellbook and medium only up to 2nd stage)
- Custom Heroes get a lot of new abilities, maxing out the ability list. (The ability list can hold 21 non-chained abilities, adding more will make other abilities disappear by exceeding the list) Also any custom hero class can be used by any faction
- Wizard class has staffs with different weapon properties, be sure to try all of them
More changes can be read through the notepad inside the zip file. Please read the bottom sections for the latest update changes.
NOTICE: Custom Hero's AI doesnt work on player created maps. (worldbuilder) Dont know why but thats the way it is. All other units have perfectly working AI, so its only the custom hero.
I will try to update the mod every now and then, I only mod the game when i feel i wanna change or add something to make it more fun.
|Author||Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
This is a great mod. It makes the Create-a-Hero better for every class of hero.