Gagolin's Gundabad (Updated v. 1.2 - 16.10.2014)
First of all, special thanks to EDAIN modding union for their help!
|Number of Players:
(UPDATE 02.10.2014) I've got some constructive critics from EDAIN M.U., so I'll probably update the map according to those suggestions in some time.
UPDATE 04.10.2014: I changed some stuff according to the advices of EMU, and made some visual changes outside the Gundabad.
UPDATE 16.10.2014: The cirith object walls outside the Gundabad were changed and reconstructed with Fornost (snow models); Inside the Gundabad the main dwarven well was reconstructed with dwarven objects (I erased elven ones)
The map is very complex and contains lot of objects, so the game slowing can easily occur depending on the PC performance.
There are few interesting things about this map:
1. This is a 4 Player map (Two are inside the Gundabad and two outside)
2. The main gate changes it's design, but it depends on which players are inside the Gundabad. If both players inside the Gundabad are evil faction, you'll have one design, if not, then other one.
3. Inside of the Gundabad you'll have 7 smaller gates, but whether they'll be playable depends on the same rules as for the main gate.
4. The main gate is under nobodys' control and you must be near to control it. In same time if you don't have any units near it, you'll lose the control.
5. As every dwarven city, this one has secret entrance (same rules apply as for main gate if you want to control the secret gate)
6. It is very difficult to balance defensive and offensive tactics (personal opinion)
7. There are few fixed building places, and they are testing points for new Version of EDAIN 4.0. If you don't like them, just erase them and play. ;)
- (UPDATE 04.10.2014: I've erased most of the fixed building points, so the Map is much suitable for free-building. Later, when EDAIN 4.0 comes, I'll publish another version with fixed building points. )
8. Shroud is on (UPDATE 04.10.2014: now is off)
If you like shroud and mystic aura, you can activate it by activating the "shroud on" script in "neutral" folder with Worldbuilder.
The picture of the map:
NEW (update 16.10.2014)
Dwarven main well: http://www.pic-upload.de/view-24947964/Gundabad-main-well.jpg.html
Small outer fortress: http://www.pic-upload.de/view-24947963/Gundabad-OutSmall-Fort.jpg.html
|Author||Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
Playable, but inside its a bit too narrow
Almost ok, but player inside the mountain haves almost no room for farms
Excellent idea dude! The grey heavens objects fit quite well this mine.
Map Design: 4.5
Excellent object placing, but it lacks some trees near player's base. The texturing it's good, but there are some little things wich could be done better
Very good map overall!
I didnt played enough to see how good is AI and this stuff , but i low you 0,5 becouse i get nervious with the camera :P.
Another thing that this map have a problem is the tipical enemy that blocks inside the mountain and makes an inpenetrable deffense but considering that there are multiple entrances that isnt a real problem.
First time you see map and minimap , u know that there are some factions that have an advantage in this kind of map, for expemple tunnelin' factions as goblins have an important advantage over the mountain , and elves have advantages in forest, but maybe this makes the map more interesant :D
A very good idea for a map, i love that your base is like a labyrinth .
Map Design: 4.5
The idea is very interesting , maybe there are some problems with some areas where you cant see, becouse of camera, or if the tunnel is very narrow .
Â·I get very nervious with the camera , if you can low it pls :3
Â·Maybe you can add destructible bridges that connect some parts to each other , so if you use for exemple a land mine you can destroy them ;)
Â·Forgive me becouse of my bad english :S
Â·Its my first review
Â·Great map ,hope you will continue with it
Â·I wonder how people still do great maps ;D.