You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods)
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Blatant

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.155 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods) » The Question Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Question Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6 7  Next Page »
Cirruis
Banned
posted 01-04-07 10:53 PM EDT (US)         
THE QUESTION THREAD

Ask any questions relating mods or the World Builder here. All the questions will be added here as an FAQ so that one day, all the questions in the world, including the meaning of life, will be in the main post of this thread. I, and hopefully the rest of the World Builder and Game Mods forumers, will do our best to answer your questions. All I ask is that you breeze through the Map Design and Modding Resource and FAQ threads before posting.

Ask away!

[This message has been edited by Cirrow (edited 01-07-2007 @ 02:05 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Blimpman256
Dúnadan
posted 11-20-07 12:08 PM EDT (US)     101 / 155       
This is going to sound really dumb......but oh well:

HOW DO YOU GET WORLDBUILDER???????????

God im so dumb -found it in all programs- >_<

[This message has been edited by Blimpman256 (edited 11-20-2007 @ 12:20 PM).]

Axelthegreat
Dúnadan
posted 11-24-07 02:27 PM EDT (US)     102 / 155       
ok...i'm really new to this...and to try and understand the making process better....i'm trying to look at some maps that were made.....i just have no clue how and where to save them to so that when i open up BFME II it appears in the skirmish part...please help me
MiniMoo
Dúnadan
posted 12-15-07 04:16 PM EDT (US)     103 / 155       
Hmm i have a 2 part question about modding very specific things.

I've succeeded in 99% of the changes i wanted to make, but I'm trying to adjust the MaxHealth stat of the two gates on Dol Guldur: Central Gate and Perimiter Gate.

i've tried changing the HP by editting the map file, but that change doesnt seem to have carried through to the game. for other maps, e.g. isengard, minas tirith etc, i've been able to change the HP in the appropriate ini fle. However i havent found the ini file for dol guldur yet.

Obviously I have RotWK installed, i presume there is not an additional .big file i need to remove which may be obstructing the change made in the map file?
rogash2
Dúnadan
posted 01-22-08 06:16 PM EDT (US)     104 / 155       
how do you get to play our map on the game i have Rotwk and i finshed a map so plz help me!!!

HMMMMM..... No images thats a first
Kyr Nelenar
Dúnadan
(id: darkservant)
posted 01-23-08 03:26 PM EDT (US)     105 / 155       
@Axel: Save the maps you make to 'User Maps,' and make sure that before you play you have:
  • Have at least two Player starting points(a way point) (set to 'Player_1_Start' and 'Player_2_Start' respectively...)...
  • Go to 'Edit' then 'Edit Player List...', then just hit 'Add Skirmish Players'...
  • Go to 'Edit' then 'Edit Map Settings...' then add a map name, description, etc...
  • Add Farm Templates ('Objects'-'ByNativeType'-'Neutral'-'STRUCTURE'-'FarmTemplate') for each player (about 3-4 is good...)...

@Mini: Sorry, I'm not good with ini...

@Rogash: See my answer to Axel...

_.,-=~+"^'`:Kyr Nlnar:`'^"+~=-,._
    "n rans Helara" - "Live Well Friend"
    "krnai Scar-lu" --- "krnai of Thirteen"
    Remember Kids: "Kyr" rhymes with fire...
    Sometimes your imagination inspires other people to use theirs.-Sir Hugh-
  • rogash2
    Dúnadan
    posted 01-23-08 05:10 PM EDT (US)     106 / 155       
    hey i saved my map to the user maps but i still dont have it on my game. i do have vista if that makes a differance ok. i want to get it on Rotwk but i dont know how and its a pretty good map so plz tell me how. i need to know step by step on how you get your maps in the game. in detail

[This message has been edited by rogash2 (edited 01-23-2008 @ 06:25 PM).]

Kyr Nelenar
    Dúnadan
    posted 01-24-08 05:05 AM EDT (US)     107 / 155       
    Unless it's different for Vista I already listed what would need to be done to use a custom map (see my answer to Axel...)...

rogash2
    Dúnadan
    posted 01-24-08 07:40 AM EDT (US)     108 / 155       
    no i need to know how to get it to play on your game and i checked when i did what you asked it didnt work so help me
    oh id also would like to know how to change your recsources and comand points.. Help me i do have all the things you said i needed

[This message has been edited by rogash2 (edited 01-24-2008 @ 07:42 AM).]

Kyr Nelenar
    Dúnadan
    posted 01-24-08 03:02 PM EDT (US)     109 / 155       
    Then tell me exactly (term used mildly...) what you have on the map and what you did to try an use it/save it...

To change resources go to 'Edit Scripts' (button that looks like a tournament bracket...) - 'New Script' - 'Script Conditions' (leave as 'True' unless you want a specific condition...) - 'Actions if True' - 'Edit' (edit the 'Null operation, otherwise hit 'New'...) - 'Player' - (for resources)'Money' (then just pick your option...) - (command points, continue from 'Player'...)'Command Points' (pick option, but just in case you didn't know you can change command point maxes when in screen (near the top it will say something like x1 or something (x1=1000)...)...

rogash2
    Dúnadan
    posted 01-24-08 04:42 PM EDT (US)     110 / 155       
    i have farm templates 4 player starts i have discrtions and a name the saved game has the same name, i saved it to user maps and i tried to save it to the game but i have read that you find my application data but i cant find that even with having veiw hidden files, i have skirmish players so everything is set. I dont know how to get it on the game Rotwk i think i have it on the reagurly but im not sure and i cant check until friday evening

NEVER MIND I GOT IT

[This message has been edited by rogash2 (edited 01-24-2008 @ 05:10 PM).]

rogash2
    Dúnadan
    posted 01-27-08 08:41 AM EDT (US)     111 / 155       
    no i dont got it plz help me for my sake!

RovanianInvader
    Dúnadan
    posted 02-09-08 08:41 PM EDT (US)     112 / 155       
    I have a question. When i make a skybox in bfme2 version, it doesn't show up when i play the map. I made a small intro scene and i just think it would look better with and actual sky instead of a black sky.
    Kyr Nelenar
    Dúnadan
    posted 02-09-08 08:52 PM EDT (US)     113 / 155       
    I wish I could be of help, but the only thing that I can guess at the problem being is that you might have the game settings too low... Otherwise I can't help much, sorry...

RovanianInvader
    Dúnadan
    posted 02-10-08 09:37 AM EDT (US)     114 / 155       
    Thanx for the help. But i have another question. Do you know how to make a custom map's minimap look like an Ea style minimap? I know you have to draw it out and save it as a .tga file. I've tried this, but when i play the game, the entire minimap is pink.
    Kyr Nelenar
    Dúnadan
    posted 02-10-08 02:49 PM EDT (US)     115 / 155       
    Sorry, that's another thing I haven't tried...

Crailfron
    Dúnadan
    posted 02-23-08 08:52 PM EDT (US)     116 / 155       
    minimoo: i know that this is for bfme2.. but it might help try to go to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Battle for Middle-earth (tm) II then click on maps.big (if you don't have the FinalBIG editor, i dont know how to get to it.) but instead of going directly to bfme2, you should go to rotwk... that should do it.

[This message has been edited by Crailfron (edited 02-23-2008 @ 09:24 PM).]

ShadowClown
    Dúnadan
    posted 03-08-08 02:13 PM EDT (US)     117 / 155       
    I have a question:

Is it possible, when the camera is zoomed in, to scroll the screen to certain parts of the map? I'm really new at this so I don't knwo if it is possible.
    rogash2
    Dúnadan
    posted 03-09-08 08:36 AM EDT (US)     118 / 155       
    okay is it trieing to move the camera? if so its simple just drag the camera. right click and drag and to turn your camera just the wheel thing in the middle just hold down and turn.

mercenary manlet
    Dúnadan
    posted 03-27-08 12:42 PM EDT (US)     119 / 155       
    this is probably something obvious, but i'll ask anyway as there's nothing i can find on the subject. Can someone tell me how to access pre-made maps (like in skirmish) because i'd like to try and recreate the war in the south as a custom campaign and as the maps are pretty good anyway, why let them go to waste?
    Caoticman
    Dúnadan
    posted 04-01-08 02:50 AM EDT (US)     120 / 155       
    Hi i was wondering if anyone has figured out how to get balrog on the map that does not have a time limit on it. I know there is the balrognofire but it has no skills and does not do much damage. I also can't find a bridge that works, all the ones i have tryed say "missing" infront of them in-game, and units do not register that its there but you can see it. (note: the units can walk through the bridge) btw this is for the WB for BFME2 non expansion. thx.
    LOTRBFMEII
    Dúnadan
    posted 04-07-08 01:12 PM EDT (US)     121 / 155       
    Where can you download World Builder?
    Esparados
    Dúnadan
    posted 04-07-08 06:41 PM EDT (US)     122 / 155       
    U get World Builder with the game.
    ArchXDemon
    Dúnadan
    posted 04-09-08 09:04 PM EDT (US)     123 / 155       
    To have a balrog with no timer, you would put in the code in an ini.file.
    I think this is the right code...:

Object MorderBalrog
    RemoveModule ModuleTag_LifetimeUpdate
    End

For the bridges, I gave up on "normal bridges" and decide to make one. I used land and the texture tool to make something that looks like a bridge. But recently, I found that I can use the Helm's Deep bridge (the walkway that goes to the second floor) and used it as a bridge. I had to adjust the land so the beginning and end of the bridge fitted the land.

Oh and I have a question:
    When I play my maps, the melee units attack the heroes when in battle with the enemy. Such as my own lorien warriors are engaged with orcs AND my glorfindel, who is within the battlion. Why don't I see other maps having this problem?

[This message has been edited by ArchXDemon (edited 04-09-2008 @ 09:14 PM).]

RiseOfUs
    Dúnadan
    posted 04-23-08 03:14 PM EDT (US)     124 / 155       
    I've just finished my map and in my opinion it's pretty decend, i was just gonna make final tests when i coulden't see the map in the normal map list.
    I've checked all the folders, and the map is where it should be. This isen't my first map and the rest are all working fine,
    what could be wrong with this one that prevents it from popping up in my maplist on both multiplayer and singleplayer.

Hope anyone can help me.
    Darth me
    Dúnadan
    posted 05-16-08 01:30 PM EDT (US)     125 / 155       
    Hi, I've got plans for what I want to mod, but where should I start? What should I learn first? thanks.
    « Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6 7  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames