You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Prancing Pony
Moderated by Sir Hugh, EnemyofJupitor, Atzy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.79 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Prancing Pony » Cows poisoned across the U.S.; milk supply dwindling!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Cows poisoned across the U.S.; milk supply dwindling!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
Catabre
BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
posted 02-05-11 09:47 PM EDT (US)         
Fear not fellow forummers! For in the spirit of the old BFME2H post count threads, I would like to inform you that I have reached 10,000 posts!

Just for kicks, here is a random thread of mine.

Here is my first post count thread. (I'm pretty sure it is I was very vain about it back then...I remember making approximately 50 posts per day at one point...)

Here is some advice from HG's most successful spammer on how to improve your postcount.

I have been planing this thread since mid-late 2008 when I was on track to reach 10,000 posts by late 2008/early 2009. Obviously that didn't happen.

Like the old postcount threads, I will give out opinions for all who ask. Additionally, you'll probably catch me reminiscing about HG quite a bit (assuming people still visit the Prancing Pony ).

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor

[This message has been edited by Catabre (edited 02-05-2011 @ 09:52 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Drakontos
Dúnadan
posted 02-15-11 05:32 PM EDT (US)     51 / 79       
I quite enjoy double posting from time to time. It's like Mete and his lack of capitals.

PROCRASTINATE NOT JAMAIS ARRIERE
Drakontos
Dúnadan
posted 02-15-11 05:32 PM EDT (US)     52 / 79       
That is to say, I do it ironically.

The Great Monty
Dúnadan
(id: Monty501)
posted 02-15-11 10:21 PM EDT (US)     53 / 79       
I see what you did there.

I will fight for Total War Heaven.

Will You?
Catabre
posted 02-15-11 11:17 PM EDT (US)     54 / 79       
Oh man, I miss Smeagol

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

TaylorFlame
Lizard the Bard
posted 02-16-11 01:52 AM EDT (US)     55 / 79       
I liked Smeagol, but I always thought he didn't have his priorities right. He always got worked up about swearing and foul language, which was kind of strange, as I don't care about the words someone uses, but rather what they actually say. Then there was his rather obvious Christianity which annoyed me, but honestly he was a great guy and I do wish he hadn't disappeared.

I do miss U_Spawn_U though that guy was amazing.

TaylorFlame - The Definitive Man.
Herr Heir
Dúnadan
(id: Heir of Elessar)
posted 02-16-11 10:51 AM EDT (US)     56 / 79       
Playing too much mafia means that double and even triple posting comes to mind first before you realize that you can still edit stuff.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
Catabre
posted 02-17-11 12:41 PM EDT (US)     57 / 79       
I don't remember Spawn to much :/

TaylorFlame
Lizard the Bard
posted 02-17-11 01:14 PM EDT (US)     58 / 79       
He was a bit before your time. I'd be surprised if anyone other than EoJ still knew who he was.

Wonderful guy though. If I remember correctly, it was him who started the Tavern, which made us have two party threads.

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 02-18-11 12:29 PM EDT (US)     59 / 79       
He started the Tavern, but we had the Bree Bash instead, which was more "official", so it died. And then we randomly found it again and started posting in it. Thus, two party threads.

Posted a fair bit in the ole' AC too.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Drakontos
Dúnadan
posted 02-18-11 01:00 PM EDT (US)     60 / 79       
I vaguely remember the name.

Just looked the thread up too. Back in the days when EoJ REALLY couldn't spell.

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 02-18-11 08:42 PM EDT (US)     61 / 79       
Ironically, I only won "worst speller" when my spelling rapidly improved thanks to browser spell checkers.

Catabre
posted 02-19-11 10:41 PM EDT (US)     62 / 79       
Yeah, I remember him now. Man, I want to read through AC again. Talk about a nostalgic face punch

TaylorFlame
Lizard the Bard
posted 02-20-11 00:45 AM EDT (US)     63 / 79       
I don't read AC because it serves to remind me what a horrible character I made at the start, and how bad a writer I was at the start.

Admittedly, I improved, but I couldn't get rid of the character himself so that was a bit sad but still it was fun.

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 02-20-11 09:14 AM EDT (US)     64 / 79       
Yeah, me too. Quite hilarious some of the bad writing on my part.

The Best Guest
Dúnadan
posted 02-20-11 10:28 AM EDT (US)     65 / 79       
Congratz my dear fellow catabre!

This is Not A Sig it is a Follow up to a Post
Revora Forums for all your modding needs
TBG (He is ever so slightly more awesome than everyone else for voting now isn't he?)-FOO
BSL Clan
"mods are actually fun girls!"-Jax
TaylorFlame
Lizard the Bard
posted 02-20-11 11:23 AM EDT (US)     66 / 79       
Yeah, me too. Quite hilarious some of the bad writing on my part.
I don't think I will ever understand how it went from the short sentences of mucking about that a few people started writing for fun to the full blown epic it ended up being.

Herr Heir
Dúnadan
posted 02-20-11 04:36 PM EDT (US)     67 / 79       
AC link for the uninitiated please.

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 02-20-11 11:50 PM EDT (US)     68 / 79       
I have no clue what AC is. Assasin's Creed?

Old Bachus, Napoleon of Spam turned half decent forumer
>>Winner of Most Improved AoMH Forumer '09<<
~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
>>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy
Herr Heir
Dúnadan
posted 02-21-11 02:59 AM EDT (US)     69 / 79       
No way, that can't be it.

TaylorFlame
Lizard the Bard
posted 02-21-11 05:16 AM EDT (US)     70 / 79       
Adventurers Corners. Go to the Fan Fiction section of the forum (or whatever its called), you won't miss it. It's a good read once you get into it (EXCEPT FOR MY BITS WOO) but seriously the quality of writing was excellent, and the storyline was pretty fun too. It's also very long so it's a good way to pass the time. It's a shame that we never finished it but there are many very good reasons for that.

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 02-21-11 09:17 AM EDT (US)     71 / 79       
It's OK, we've all got the story in our head, and the vague direction it was going. I've got a personal version up in mine that I'm quite satisfied with.

The Best Guest
Dúnadan
posted 02-21-11 12:06 PM EDT (US)     72 / 79       
Of Course EoJ's version includes him battling jupiter, rising as the antichrist, kidnapping Hnossa, and hiding her from arvy.

This is Not A Sig it is a Follow up to a Post
Revora Forums for all your modding needs
TBG (He is ever so slightly more awesome than everyone else for voting now isn't he?)-FOO
BSL Clan
"mods are actually fun girls!"-Jax
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 02-21-11 06:17 PM EDT (US)     73 / 79       
Lord, no, it involves getting to the battle of Minas Tirith and instead of running around on the field, sweeping into the city, rescuing the girl, getting saved from a troll by the combined might of Gandalf and Pulket, who then proceed to rip the seven bells of **** out of everyone. Everyone else proceeds to do awesome things. Someone may get wounded.
Then off to Black Gate, where the Ringwraith that has had a serious grudge with me crash lands near us due to eagles, and swordfight. Wherein he's got my guy on the knees, but Frodo succeeds just in time.
After all that (and going on with the "Black Hand" storyline Lady A and Eruco had set up), we'd then meet up a few years later at the ole' Pony. Naturally, I've gone with the White Company picked Faramir to keep busy round there, with bride and kiddies, while Lady A's and Eruco's characters wed, while everyone else has also gone on to great and wonderful things.

TaylorFlame
Lizard the Bard
posted 02-21-11 10:37 PM EDT (US)     74 / 79       
He's right you know

I think the story I had worked out for Flame (oh what a horrible name but that is irrelevant now) went something along the lines of travelling with Sobet to kill the Shamans, succeeding after a long and dangerous quest, but in the process of finishing them Flame and Sobet were separated. Both of them then individually decided to start trying to rejoin the Fellowship of the North, and as they are both fairly good at getting around, that wouldn't have been too hard. Flame travels for some time, his renewed isolation forcing him to mature and come of age, making him a much wiser and more capable warrior when he finally finds the FotN just as they near Minas Tirith. He fights valiantly, making his way into the city and striking down any foe that attempts to attack the civilians as best he can, probably with Sobet at his side. The battle is eventually won, and he joins the rest in fighting at the Black Gate. He kills some orcs and engages a troll in combat, and ends up winning, though suffering a couple of cracked ribs. He then stays with the rest of the Fellowship during the Black Hand saga, gets through alive much to his surprise, and as the fellowships breaks up, he and Sobet go off together, as neither of them have a home to go to. He meets the rest of the FotN at the Prancing Pony many years later, though he is later killed assassinating the leader of a large band of orcs and uruks that were attempting to once more move against the lands of Men, causing the group to disperse into smaller, less dangerous raiding parties.

[This message has been edited by TaylorFlame (edited 02-21-2011 @ 10:55 PM).]

locomonster1
Dúnadan
posted 02-22-11 06:11 PM EDT (US)     75 / 79       
It's been years.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames