You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Prancing Pony
Moderated by Sir Hugh, EnemyofJupitor, Atzy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.79 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Prancing Pony » Cows poisoned across the U.S.; milk supply dwindling!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Cows poisoned across the U.S.; milk supply dwindling!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
Catabre
BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
posted 02-05-11 09:47 PM EDT (US)         
Fear not fellow forummers! For in the spirit of the old BFME2H post count threads, I would like to inform you that I have reached 10,000 posts!

Just for kicks, here is a random thread of mine.

Here is my first post count thread. (I'm pretty sure it is I was very vain about it back then...I remember making approximately 50 posts per day at one point...)

Here is some advice from HG's most successful spammer on how to improve your postcount.

I have been planing this thread since mid-late 2008 when I was on track to reach 10,000 posts by late 2008/early 2009. Obviously that didn't happen.

Like the old postcount threads, I will give out opinions for all who ask. Additionally, you'll probably catch me reminiscing about HG quite a bit (assuming people still visit the Prancing Pony ).

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor

[This message has been edited by Catabre (edited 02-05-2011 @ 09:52 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Herr Heir
Dúnadan
(id: Heir of Elessar)
posted 02-11-11 01:17 PM EDT (US)     26 / 79       
I'm rather more worried about inactivity. I'd be crushed if the game went inactive or was boring.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
Catabre
posted 02-11-11 04:38 PM EDT (US)     27 / 79       
Well, you want to help co-host my next mafia?

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

Herr Heir
Dúnadan
posted 02-12-11 03:24 AM EDT (US)     28 / 79       
All I would do is vote counts and night and day posts and stuff.

Basically you come up with the idea and design and I will maintain the game while you sit back and enjoy.

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

Catabre
posted 02-12-11 09:15 PM EDT (US)     29 / 79       
I like it, and you can help me balance the design and use your superior writing skills. I have an interesting idea or two

Herr Heir
Dúnadan
posted 02-12-11 09:36 PM EDT (US)     30 / 79       
Superior writing skills? What gave you that idea?

Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 02-13-11 02:26 AM EDT (US)     31 / 79       
I don't even remember how many posts I have. In my n00b days post count was rather important to me.

Old Bachus, Napoleon of Spam turned half decent forumer
>>Winner of Most Improved AoMH Forumer '09<<
~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
>>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy

[This message has been edited by Old Bachus (edited 02-13-2011 @ 02:27 AM).]

Drakontos
Dúnadan
posted 02-13-11 02:54 AM EDT (US)     32 / 79       
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 02-13-11 07:30 AM EDT (US)     33 / 79       
4862 posts, Bachus.

But it's Quality, not quantity (says the 5th-highest poster on HG for all time, or something)

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
TaylorFlame
Lizard the Bard
posted 02-13-11 10:23 AM EDT (US)     34 / 79       
TaylorFlame, BFME2H's resident warmonger! I remember you fondly. Your sense of humor and constant suggestion always entertained me. Additionally, you were an entertaining debater and an excellent writer (as evidenced by BFME2H's an WiCH's fan fics). I miss you and ol' Fighty (:P) jesting about war,
I think this is how quotes work O:

It's good to see you around. I'm surprisingly less war-orientated than I once was. I mean, I would still fight in a just one, but I've been getting involved in some heavy anti-war debates lately. I was young and naive and I am now less young and less naive. The system works. I do miss Mighty greatly though. Him and I formed a good duo I thought, remaining great friends despite our often opposing viewpoints, and never once fighting (outside of our games of Civilization IV; I don't think he ever forgave me for building a city named 'Mighty is Gay' in the middle of the mountain pass between our two empires that led to what was essentially a Cold War).

I did miss you guys.
But it's Quality, not quantity (says the 5th-highest poster on HG for all time, or something)
As the esteemed Jax once said, age before shit.

Every single one of my posts had a reason other than increasing my post count in mind when it was posted. Even the 23 post streak I made.

Though there is nothing wrong with celebrating a milestone, it should be encouraged (:

TaylorFlame - The Definitive Man.
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 02-13-11 10:49 AM EDT (US)     35 / 79       
I do miss Mighty greatly though
E-mail him or something, I'd love to see how he's doing nowadays.

TaylorFlame
Lizard the Bard
posted 02-13-11 11:24 AM EDT (US)     36 / 79       
I feel that if he wanted to leave the forum, I should respect his choice.

As much as I miss him, I don't think it would be right for me to email him out of the blue.

I don't know though. I may change my mind.

Catabre
posted 02-14-11 00:25 AM EDT (US)     37 / 79       
Hey Taylor, didn't you and Arvy talk to Mighty's sister via MSN once? I seem to recall that happening.

Drakontos
Dúnadan
posted 02-14-11 01:03 PM EDT (US)     38 / 79       
@Taylor - there is a difference between getting in touch with an old friend and with telling him to come back to the forum, no?

PROCRASTINATE NOT JAMAIS ARRIERE
Herr Heir
Dúnadan
posted 02-14-11 01:24 PM EDT (US)     39 / 79       
I've emailed like 5 people out of the blue recently, still haven't received any replies.

Herr Heir
Dúnadan
posted 02-14-11 01:25 PM EDT (US)     40 / 79       
In fact, even the likes of Ashrzr and Rot who've been posting elsewhere seem a little averse to coming back, despite repeated reminders.

One way to get this back might be to host our mafia here, Cat. I'm not too sure it would work though.

Drakontos
Dúnadan
posted 02-14-11 01:28 PM EDT (US)     41 / 79       
Sent like a dozen texts from within the blue recently; I'm starting to wonder if my phone doesn't work. At least, I hope that's why they aren't responding.

Herr Heir
Dúnadan
posted 02-14-11 01:52 PM EDT (US)     42 / 79       
Call them from a different number and ask them about it.

TaylorFlame
Lizard the Bard
posted 02-14-11 02:24 PM EDT (US)     43 / 79       
I'm not asking Mighty to come back. I'm not really back. I'm essentially dropping by temporarily before taking another extended absence once Uni starts.

I just don't want to intrude on whatever life he has now, I think. I know there is a number of people who really did want to get away from the forums, and leave it at that.

Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 02-15-11 04:17 AM EDT (US)     44 / 79       
Hey Taylor, didn't you and Arvy talk to Mighty's sister via MSN once? I seem to recall that happening.
Fun times.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 02-15-11 02:10 PM EDT (US)     45 / 79       
4862 posts, Bachus.

It was all about quanity at first with me. But it's been more and more about quality as time goes by.

Old Bachus, Napoleon of Spam turned half decent forumer
>>Winner of Most Improved AoMH Forumer '09<<
~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
>>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy
Drakontos
Dúnadan
posted 02-15-11 02:24 PM EDT (US)     46 / 79       
I always tried to strike a balance between the two. If we're always seeking the perfect post, we never get anywhere. But at the same time... must. raise. postcount.

(+1)

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 02-15-11 02:41 PM EDT (US)     47 / 79       
I just don't want to intrude on whatever life he has now, I think. I know there is a number of people who really did want to get away from the forums, and leave it at that.
Mm, that's fair. Smeagolfan (at the risk of turning everyone who knew him to a ball of tears) was one.

Herr Heir
Dúnadan
posted 02-15-11 04:53 PM EDT (US)     48 / 79       
I'm perfect because all my posts are quality and there's still lots of them!

Herr Heir
Dúnadan
posted 02-15-11 04:56 PM EDT (US)     49 / 79       
there are still
Fixed.

See what I mean?

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 02-15-11 05:31 PM EDT (US)     50 / 79       
The most annoying thing about you is that there's an edit button, and you damn well know it after being here for this long

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames