Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.43 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Prancing Pony » ITT Gaming
Bottom
Topic Subject:ITT Gaming
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 04-29-10 06:53 PM EDT (US)         
Well, we were discussing video games in Bree Bash on posts 1297-1306, then moved on to other things as with everything in a party thread. TBH, I allways thought that despite HG being a gaming community, games are largely marginalized in the off topic forums. I figure most of us spend a good chunk of our time gaming as I do (for many probably more then we should ), whether console or PC. So I thought I'd make this thread so we could discuss these things in detail as we have in the past with various threads on books, films, and such. Feel free to do critiques of games you've done recently, ask for tips to kill that pesky boss, recall old favourites, or speculate on upcoming releases.

I just finished the main story in Fable 2. Large world to explore, decision making that effects the outcome, dry humour throughout, overall a very enjoyable game. Definately of the most original fantasy titles I've seen, no Elves or Dwarves, what such things there are most everyone is flatout clueless it exists (i.e. trolls, goblins hobbes, magic), and the world actually left the Middle Ages. That's too much to ask for in most fantasy games, I allways felt heavily Tolkein/D&D influenced RPGs were boring and unoriginal. Negative notes would be the storyline, somewhat thin; and the end (I won't say just what was wrong with it, but it really made me think, "come on!").

Currently I'm working on Hellboy: Science of Evil. So far so good, I'm a big fan of Hellboy and they really captured the best of the films and comics.

Old Bachus, Napoleon of Spam turned half decent forumer
>>Winner of Most Improved AoMH Forumer '09<<
~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
>>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy

[This message has been edited by Old Bachus (edited 04-29-2010 @ 11:45 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
A Banned User
Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
posted 05-19-10 10:23 AM EDT (US)     26 / 43       
Oh

!!!!!!!!

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
TaylorFlame
Lizard the Bard
posted 05-19-10 07:35 PM EDT (US)     27 / 43       
My name on the xboxes is TaylorFlame
it is like my name here but on a different place

TaylorFlame - The Definitive Man.
Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 05-19-10 11:03 PM EDT (US)     28 / 43       
Didn't the original Live close down? I really wish I could get Live. Problem is I have a satelite service as that's the only non dialup option availible where I live, you can't watch 20 minutes worth of YouTube without all your bandwidth drained for the day.

I just finished Hellboy TSoE. Fun game, but it far too short.

~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
>>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy
Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 03-17-11 03:08 PM EDT (US)     29 / 43       
I know this thread died, but I'm sure we all have played quite a few new games since then so I thought I'd bump it.

Just finished Fallout: New Vegas. Wow. I remember when I first started playing Fallout: 3, how amazed I was at the world and all the complexities. I spent 120 hours of my life wandering the Capital Wastes and should I learn of anything I hadn't done I'd go back for more. Well, I did it all over again in New Vegas. I think they did a great job adding new features and it does give a whole new experience. However, I didn't think the storyline was nearly as good as in 3, Caeser ain't no President Eden, but I loved how you can truly pick sides which changes everything. So New Vegas has things that are better as does 3. In short, Bethesda did it again, job well done.

I'm certainly looking forward to Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Seeing how when Bethesda got the rights to Fallout they took everything they learned from Elder Scrolls and built upon it I can't wait to see them apply what they learned from Fallout. I'm not really excited about any other to be released games as I'm not sure what's around the corner and most of the goods ones come out in November. LA Noire looks promising.

>>My work<<

Drakontos
Dúnadan
posted 03-18-11 10:46 AM EDT (US)     30 / 43       
Lots of RTW and Minecraft, because they're the only two games I have.

I'm looking forward to about 2 years from now when I get Shogun II and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

PROCRASTINATE NOT JAMAIS ARRIERE
Catabre
BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
posted 03-21-11 10:35 PM EDT (US)     31 / 43       
I just pre-ordered a Brink a little while ago. Really, really looking forward to that game. Currently, I'm finishing up Just Cause 2. Its a shame all the stronghold takeover's follow the same template though :/

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 03-22-11 06:48 AM EDT (US)     32 / 43       
Shogun 2: It's awesome. There are two main bugs on multiplayer- one, everyone has "dishonourable coward" as a trait as it's something to do with waiting for the other person to load out the game at the end, and two the servers at the moment have gone through at least two documented crashes, but single player is amazing, and even with the bugs I haven't had so much fun playing multi on a game

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 03-23-11 01:45 PM EDT (US)     33 / 43       
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.
Fun game. I too cheap to buy new releases to I just borrow them from pals.

Haven't played too much right now. I've been helping my little bro with New Super Mario Bros. Wii and replaying Fable 3.

>>My work<<

Drakontos
Dúnadan
posted 04-03-11 07:46 AM EDT (US)     34 / 43       
So I would be playing either AoK:TC or AoE:RoR right now, except it turns out the box was empty! No disk, no manual, nothing. Utterly bizarre!

At least I managed to pick up AoM at the same time. That'll tide me through until I can complain (and hopefully get the disks!) on Monday. If they refuse to give them to me for some reason, I shall be thoroughly pissed.

Catabre
posted 04-04-11 00:34 AM EDT (US)     35 / 43       
Did you buy the gold edition?

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

Drakontos
Dúnadan
posted 04-04-11 02:32 AM EDT (US)     36 / 43       
RoR and TC combined Gold Edition, AoM Gold Edition too.

Drakontos
Dúnadan
posted 04-04-11 06:18 PM EDT (US)     37 / 43       
Update: Returned the box, spent an hour digging for another copy in the bargain bins. No luck, so I got my money back and went elsewhere. Found it for less. Bought it. Returned home. And the computer can't read the disk, which I think is down to the fact that it isn't remotely flat.

GRAHH

Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 04-13-11 01:57 PM EDT (US)     38 / 43       
With PC titles I allways wait until a gold edition or such with all the expansions included. It's a much better value and usually cheaper then the vanilla version when it first comes out.

>>My work<<

The Best Guest
Dúnadan
posted 04-24-11 10:29 PM EDT (US)     39 / 43       
Guys...Starcraft 2 now has a Mafia map. Its CRAZYYYYYY all the fun of HG mafia but you can finish multiple games a day! It's actually really fun, unless you have a nooby town, even then it can be fun. Check it out!

This is Not A Sig it is a Follow up to a Post
Revora Forums for all your modding needs
TBG (He is ever so slightly more awesome than everyone else for voting now isn't he?)-FOO
BSL Clan
"mods are actually fun girls!"-Jax
Catabre
posted 05-11-11 12:52 PM EDT (US)     40 / 43       
Is it an official Blizzard map? I think someone mentione dot me Blizzard was making one. Either way, it sounds like fun!

Brink is a blast, its just so laggy; my card is barely min req, and Brink is having problems with ATI cards (I have an ATI Mobility 5730).

The Best Guest
Dúnadan
posted 05-12-11 07:48 PM EDT (US)     41 / 43       
Its not a blizzard official map, though blizzard has released three official custom maps they are fun, but not as fun as some of the other customs out there.

This is Not A Sig it is a Follow up to a Post
Revora Forums for all your modding needs
TBG (He is ever so slightly more awesome than everyone else for voting now isn't he?)-FOO
BSL Clan
"mods are actually fun girls!"-Jax
Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 05-29-11 10:41 PM EDT (US)     42 / 43       
Just finished all the campaigns in Left 4 Dead 2. Very satisfactory Southern fried zombie shooter and a worthy heir to the original. The new Special Infecteds are very good and I like how all the campaign have unique types as well. Four and a half out of five.

>>My work<<

Drakontos
Dúnadan
posted 05-30-11 10:43 AM EDT (US)     43 / 43       
Aside from a Rome: Total War hotseat game I'm playing over at RTWH, Minecraft. I was hard at work building an awesome Mesoamerican city, but some bug has now rendered my save unplayable... here's hoping that said bug is fixed in the next patch, so I can keep going!

My farm was awesome, you see, and I spend a long time deforesting a hilltop so that I could start on the city proper when I had enough stone!

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames