You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Prancing Pony
Moderated by Sir Hugh, EnemyofJupitor, Atzy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1865 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Prancing Pony » Bree Bash X - Friendship Lasts Forever (in the Bree Bash at least)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Bree Bash X - Friendship Lasts Forever (in the Bree Bash at least)
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 15 16 17 18 19 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 75  Next Page »
A Banned User
Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
posted 05-17-09 01:42 PM EDT (US)         
--- Bum Bash XXX ---

<3

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)

[This message has been edited by A Banned User (edited 08-27-2012 @ 04:27 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Bingo Little
Dúnadan
(id: Medusasson)
posted 08-07-09 12:20 PM EDT (US)     401 / 1865       
Here's the full article:

http://www.cracked.com/article_17469_5-pathetic-groups-that-people-think-rule-world.html

As for revelations, I'm studying it at the moment in my bible group. Last week, we decided Jesus was a door to door salesman. This week we concluded that Jesus is a mutant zombie sheep. Next week, we're all bringing hard drugs in the hope of understanding what the hell's going on.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 08-07-09 01:45 PM EDT (US)     402 / 1865       
Thanks .

Old Bachus, Napoleon of Spam turned half decent forumer
>>Winner of Most Improved AoMH Forumer '09<<
~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
>>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy
Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 08-07-09 03:48 PM EDT (US)     403 / 1865       
It surprised me Hugh didn't know about him. His life and work confirm my belief that it wasn't Hitler, but his inner circle that made the Nazis so evil. Mengele, Himmler, Eichmman, Globocnic, The Grand Mufti, all them, they weren't just blindly following orders out of fear or because they did indeed agree. They all had their own sinister agenda. And it was Hitler who gave them license to attempt to carry it out.
Mengele seems to be somewhat of a minor character, not exactly in Hitler's inner circle so to speak. The inner circle consisted of people attracted and drawn to Hitler. Hitler was antisemitic and a homophobe from the beginning of his political career in a beer hall to his death in his Berlin bunker. Many Jews, including Einstein, left Germany when the political atmosphere started to turn more sour towards them. I don't know Hitler's level of involvement with the Holocaust, but he had a country to run, a war to win, and a new Aryan empire to build, and he delegated some of his trusted and capable subordinates to help do it.
Nobel Peace Prize to Al Gore
I think there are people much more deserving than Al Gore. Al Gore has the right idea about climate change, but even his book/documentary has some flawed evidence. He has done some philanthropy, but worth a peace prize?

________                                         ________
\________\------______ _____------/________/
\_______\---\\\\ Sir Hugh ////---/_______/
\_____\--\\| Seraph |//--/_____/
\\//\\//
Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 08-07-09 03:57 PM EDT (US)     404 / 1865       
Yeah, I really don't know what fighting Global Warming has to do with peace. And his views are heavilly criticised by most climatologists anyway.

~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
>>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy
Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 08-07-09 05:44 PM EDT (US)     405 / 1865       
Here's some good satire:

That's who really rules the earth. And to think I grew up watching his show .

>>My work<<

[This message has been edited by Old Bachus (edited 08-07-2009 @ 05:49 PM).]

Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 08-07-09 06:34 PM EDT (US)     406 / 1865       
That was great. My favorite was Elmo.

________                                         ________
\________\------______ _____------/________/
\_______\---\\\\ Sir Hugh ////---/_______/
\_____\--\\| Seraph |//--/_____/
\\//\\//
Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 08-08-09 01:11 AM EDT (US)     407 / 1865       
Change Bert to "Reptillian", or "Illuminati" and you have just entered to minds of many a loon. One especially rediculous group not mention in that article Bingo listed are Satanists, who'm many claim are in control. Everone from Bush to Elvis is/was one, apparently. For one thing, it's a philisophy that has more in common with Veganza or The Church of SubGenius then the Occult or devil worship. I really don't see anything sinister in the antics of goofballs like Aliester Crowley, Anton LaVey, or Marillyn Manson. I'm sorry.

Here's some laughs:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/(the NIV Bible is basically the devil incarnate)

>>My work<<

[This message has been edited by Old Bachus (edited 08-08-2009 @ 01:17 AM).]

Bingo Little
Dúnadan
posted 08-08-09 03:02 AM EDT (US)     408 / 1865       
The article I posted covers the reptilian lizard conspiracy, too.

Well, they call it a conspiracy, but that's just what they want you to think and it's all because of the fluoride in the water...

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 08-08-09 04:30 AM EDT (US)     409 / 1865       
This is the funniest page I've seen all day. As if an abundance of language could prove evolution to be false... It's like they don't have a shred of common sense.

Oh, wait.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
Hikari
Dúnadan
(id: echowinds)
posted 08-08-09 06:53 AM EDT (US)     410 / 1865       
It's as if they haven't heard of globalism as well. "WHY DO LANGUAGES DISAPPEAR ALL THE TIME IT MAKES NO SENSE" is so utterly smart. Gee, why take the time to learn a language several hundred million people know when you can learn a language from some obscure village in Africa!

TaylorFlame
Lizard the Bard
posted 08-08-09 07:00 AM EDT (US)     411 / 1865       
I like the bit at the end. WHY WERENT THERE 1000 BIG BANGS?

TaylorFlame - The Definitive Man.
Bingo Little
Dúnadan
posted 08-08-09 07:06 AM EDT (US)     412 / 1865       
As ever, I feel inclined to apologise for those of the same religion as me.

Please remember, some of us are quite normal.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
TaylorFlame
Lizard the Bard
posted 08-08-09 08:27 AM EDT (US)     413 / 1865       
Don't worry, I'm Christian too.

Or Agnostic.

It changes every day.

TaylorFlame - The Definitive Man.
Bingo Little
Dúnadan
posted 08-08-09 10:35 AM EDT (US)     414 / 1865       
I think I know the feeling...

Well, technically I'm an agnostic anyway, since agnosticism states that you believe there can be no proof of whether or not God exists.

Which I agree with.

However, believing in God is another story...

and, as with you, occasionally quite a complicated one.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░

[This message has been edited by Bingo Little (edited 08-08-2009 @ 10:38 AM).]

Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 08-08-09 11:35 AM EDT (US)     415 / 1865       
This is the funniest page I've seen all day. As if an abundance of language could prove evolution to be false... It's like they don't have a shred of common sense.
I know! Priceless isn't it?

If we came from monkeys and apes, why are there still monkeys and apes?Well, gee, let me ask you this, if Mexicans came from Spaniards and Indians why are there still Spaniards and Indians?!?
As ever, I feel inclined to apologise for those of the same religion as me.

Please remember, some of us are quite normal.
It really is quite humilliating. Those kooks think Narnia is a Satanic mockery of the Bible and Country music is evil!!!

But yeah, must of us are pretty well adjusted.

>>My work<<

[This message has been edited by Old Bachus (edited 08-08-2009 @ 11:39 AM).]

Bingo Little
Dúnadan
posted 08-08-09 11:45 AM EDT (US)     416 / 1865       
Country music is evil
Many atheists would be tempted to agree.

Many would claim to have become atheist because the existence of country music rules out the possibility of there being a God.

[/cheapshot]

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 08-08-09 03:03 PM EDT (US)     417 / 1865       
Well, these folks seem to think that have one minor theological imperfection you can't be Christian, and not only are you non Christian, you worship Lucifer and work for the cause of the New World Order. Rather paranoid.

>>My work<<

Bingo Little
Dúnadan
posted 08-08-09 03:53 PM EDT (US)     418 / 1865       
Because, sure, guys, Christians never have theological imperfections themselves!

Way to miss the point.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 08-09-09 03:30 AM EDT (US)     419 / 1865       
Those kooks think Narnia is a Satanic mockery
Christ. It was rather obvious to me even as a child what Lewis was getting at.

Some of the funnier real life examples I've met are those who do not allow their children to watch, listen to, discuss or read Harry Potter.
As we all know, HP is a very dividing series. There are those who think it is fantastic, there are those who don't. Everyone who has read it, however, agrees that it is above all a morality tale, with the power of love conquering all in the final book, as well as helping Harry out on the way. Despite any plot holes and writing issues we may have, I do believe that kids should read it (including myself, multiple times ) if only for that. The fact its got magic in it is neither here nor there, and John Paul II agreed with me

Not so for certain hardliners! It seems to be baptists more than anyone else, but they believe it glorifies witchcraft, which we all know exists in day to day life and that kids can just be tempted to use it via peer pressure (it's like drugs, people!), and is wrong. I had an argument with someone about it once. To finish off the argument, I asked where her child was at this moment.
"In the Cinema, watching Pirates of the Caribbean 3."

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 08-09-09 03:44 AM EDT (US)     420 / 1865       
Heh. As far as HP goes, when I was living in Ohio (so... 7 years ago? 9 years old), I had a friend who was hardcore Christian. I hadn't read HP and he told me not to because it was evil. I trusted him because at that age, I didn't really know better. When I finally decided to pick up a copy of Prisoner of Azkaban from the bookstore, I loved it (relative to books I had read at the time).

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
Bingo Little
Dúnadan
posted 08-09-09 03:51 AM EDT (US)     421 / 1865       
I don't think I know any Anti Potters.

I know plenty of homophobics, a few who think women can't be vicars, a few creationists...

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 08-09-09 05:20 AM EDT (US)     422 / 1865       
They're pleasant people compared to the Anti Potters, aren't they?

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Bingo Little
Dúnadan
posted 08-09-09 09:30 AM EDT (US)     423 / 1865       
Plenty of anti-potters are nice people, too.

Come on, everyone we know believes something silly.

To most of my friends, that's me: I go to a big building once a week to sing songs to an invisible man.

Oh and I almost fell asleep today

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
Andalus
Dúnadan
posted 08-10-09 08:57 AM EDT (US)     424 / 1865       
Hey there, kiddos.

I started doing that D&D quiz posted on page 11, but I stopped when I got to question 20. Evidently the person who wrote the quiz hadn't considered the option 'I don't drink'. Such a person is obviously not worth my time.

In other news, I was recently arrested. Twice. On the same day.
Bingo Little
Dúnadan
posted 08-10-09 09:16 AM EDT (US)     425 / 1865       
You must tell us all about it!

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 15 16 17 18 19 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 75  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames