You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Prancing Pony
Moderated by Sir Hugh, EnemyofJupitor, Atzy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1865 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Prancing Pony » Bree Bash X - Friendship Lasts Forever (in the Bree Bash at least)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Bree Bash X - Friendship Lasts Forever (in the Bree Bash at least)
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 14 15 16 17 18 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 75  Next Page »
A Banned User
Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
posted 05-17-09 01:42 PM EDT (US)         
--- Bum Bash XXX ---

<3

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)

[This message has been edited by A Banned User (edited 08-27-2012 @ 04:27 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Bingo Little
Dúnadan
(id: Medusasson)
posted 08-05-09 05:55 AM EDT (US)     376 / 1865       
I know what a telescreen is.

I just want to know why the **** he thinks we actually have them.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
TaylorFlame
Lizard the Bard
posted 08-05-09 06:53 AM EDT (US)     377 / 1865       
Australia is moving towards it, albiet slower, and there is alot of resistance, especially from the youth. That internet blocking shit never happened in the end.

TaylorFlame - The Definitive Man.
Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 08-05-09 11:47 AM EDT (US)     378 / 1865       
Yeah, censuring the media is a must for totalitarianism. Here the only thing that really propagandas is Fox News and most conservative talk radio hosts as established. Oh, and Conservapedia. That is probably the worst it gets here.
I was told that Australia is also increasingly Fascist. Nevermind that the whole west is actually increasingly Fascist, including Western Europe and Canada. Extreme right votes are generally increasing across the board.
Yeah, I have an Aussie friend in real life and that's what he said. They're doesn't seem to be any rampant racism that's most often associated with Fascism in the States happilt. Though from what I understand there is a lot of anxiety towards immigrants in other major western nations.
Extreme right votes are generally increasing across the board.
Just as I thought it was the right wing nuts that were losing all there power now that we have a Liberal administration.

Old Bachus, Napoleon of Spam turned half decent forumer
>>Winner of Most Improved AoMH Forumer '09<<
~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
>>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy

[This message has been edited by Old Bachus (edited 08-05-2009 @ 11:49 AM).]

Jax
HG Monument
(id: Jax Omen)
posted 08-05-09 12:32 PM EDT (US)     379 / 1865       
Dude didnt you realise the UK is ruled by authoritarian islamofascists? It's a shame we don't have Arvy over here to campaign against the damn things!

house won this
Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 08-05-09 04:53 PM EDT (US)     380 / 1865       
islamofascists
Funny you should mention that. It actually is more then right wing phychobabble. Fascism is fairly common in the Middle East and connected to many Jihadist groups. The B'aath Party is literally a Fascist Party and once collaborated with the Nazis. Hitler's influence on Saddam was huge. So Fascism doesn't neccesarily mean racism at all. Certainly not White Supremacy. It's just that that tends to be prominent in many such regimes and for most people that's all it is.

The chance of Muslim variations becoming prevalent in the West is rediculous, contrary to what Fox or others would have you believe.

~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
>>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy

[This message has been edited by Old Bachus (edited 08-05-2009 @ 04:56 PM).]

Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 08-05-09 06:38 PM EDT (US)     381 / 1865       
I know what a telescreen is.

Interestingly, the article has updated since last time I read it. Still, it is rather invasive: http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/08/britain-to-put-cctv-cameras-inside-private-h omes/
Just as I thought it was the right wing nuts that were losing all there power now that we have a Liberal administration.
Yeah, I was rather depressed while reading the election news for Europe a few months back.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 08-05-09 10:14 PM EDT (US)     382 / 1865       
On a positive not the GOP does not have charismatic leadership really, a cult of personality is vital for any totalitarian rule.

>>My work<<

Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
posted 08-05-09 11:06 PM EDT (US)     383 / 1865       
That's true. They really need to work more on Steele and get Limbaugh to shut up if they ever want to achieve their goal of totalitarianism!

|
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 08-05-09 11:16 PM EDT (US)     384 / 1865       
Now, now, the Democrats by all means have a cult of personality going on with Barrack. Not that it really means anything.

Anyways, here is a hilariously paranoid look at totalitarianism. Must be what'll happen any day.....[/sarcasm]

>>My work<<

Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
posted 08-05-09 11:54 PM EDT (US)     385 / 1865       
Now, now, the Democrats by all means have a cult of personality going on with Barrack. Not that it really means anything.
I agree with this, but the Republicans are much farther on the way to fascism than the Democrats, and seem to constantly be heading farther that way while the Democrats, while have a cult of personality around Obama, are moving policy wise farther away from it. As far as a cult of personality goes, that's not necessarily bad imo. A President that is popular and can relate more with the people means that more citizens will get involved in politics, even if it just means going and voting. Plus, the people are, imo, far more informed in Obama's administration than in Bush's administration, and that's a very good thing as well.
Anyways, here is a hilariously paranoid look at totalitarianism.
Absolutely hilarious comic.

Besides, I don't see what is so demonic about a centralized world government. We'll need one if we ever aim to become a space-faring civilization.

|
Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 08-06-09 01:32 AM EDT (US)     386 / 1865       
I agree with this, but the Republicans are much farther on the way to fascism than the Democrats, and seem to constantly be heading farther that way while the Democrats, while have a cult of personality around Obama, are moving policy wise farther away from it. As far as a cult of personality goes, that's not necessarily bad imo. A President that is popular and can relate more with the people means that more citizens will get involved in politics, even if it just means going and voting. Plus, the people are, imo, far more informed in Obama's administration than in Bush's administration, and that's a very good thing as well.
Agreed. In this case the cult was largely unintentional. It's not bad to the point where there is significant blind leadership to where O could make any sinister agenda sound good or anything.
Absolutely hilarious comic.
I know I love those. Plenty more where that came from.
Besides, I don't see what is so demonic about a centralized world government. We'll need one if we ever aim to become a space-faring civilization.
IMO it's very unrealistic and impractical. Most such agendas aim at utopia and fail and become dyostopia instead. Lenin's heart was in the right place. More or less.

Oh, I thought of another good thing that'll keep the GOP at least a subversion of fascism. Many think science is evil. It's the true Fascists to blame why they think science is evil in the first place. And it's that aspect of Fascism that made it's most dispicable forms (i.e. Nazism) so bad. So we won't have to worry about any eugenics programs or such.

>>My work<<

Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 08-06-09 09:48 AM EDT (US)     387 / 1865       
IMO it's very unrealistic and impractical. Most such agendas aim at utopia and fail and become dyostopia instead. Lenin's heart was in the right place. More or less.
Most founder's of revolutions do have the right idea, but a new order, similar to the old one is established, and tyranny or a transformed version of the previous replublic returns or is eventually .
Oh, I thought of another good thing that'll keep the GOP at least a subversion of fascism. Many think science is evil. It's the true Fascists to blame why they think science is evil in the first place. And it's that aspect of Fascism that made it's most dispicable forms (i.e. Nazism) so bad. So we won't have to worry about any eugenics programs or such.
GOP is a sub-version of fascism or subverting fascism? Remember...the Patriot Act?

I have mixed feelings about a democratic, republic world government, divvied up into states or federations or something. The UN seems to be trying to create a unified control system of world governments. On the one hand, the populace would be united and wars between nations would not occur. With one government responsible for the quality of life of the human species, more attention would be justly given the Southeast Asia and Africa. Universal access and communication between people, scientists, hospitals, etc. More focus could be placed on pooling resources to colonize Mars and mine the moon for tritium for fusion reactors. However, huge civil wars could still arise and there would likely be insurgent groups. What worries me is that such a universal government could oppress all of humanity, preserving the struggle of the social classes indefinitely to an increased height of fascism as the ruling classes put down the up and coming of the middle classes and anyone who gets too *smart*.

Fascists call science evil, because it encourages skepticism, free thought, free speech (unhindered communication), the scrutinizing of ideas, and the demand for empirical evidence. The last thing an authoritative needs is a populace questioning them. Fascists manufacture statistics ("2+2=5 if it needs too"), and bastardize science to cater to their own needs. But of course, to a Fascist, not all science is bad. It is used to produce more advanced weapons and armor for the war effort. It is also used to confirm the ruling classes' propoganda. Any other scientific views not in support of the Party are suppressed.

Authoritative Western governments (including the US and UK and France and etc.) had eugenic programs, which were taken to an extreme in Nazi Germany, who executed the undesirable insane, Jews, Gypsies/Romani, Homosexuals, Poles, and Political Activists and Enemies (members of the communist parties, etc.). In general, they had the entire public either supporting the program or hoodwinked by propaganda uttered on tvs, radios, speeches, and sermons. Opposition vaporized in the night and was buried or put to work in labor camps.

In countries that are more libertarian (in a freedom sense, not necessarily economic doctrine), science is free. But what worries me is that the conservative right lampoon, disrespect, abuse, and sometimes demonize science in general, and reduce funding for research (investments) and make controversial ethics law, when they are in Congress (except for military applications of science, of course, it's ok to find new and improved ways to kill people). Not to mention they constrict civil liberties.

________                                         ________
\________\------______ _____------/________/
\_______\---\\\\ Sir Hugh ////---/_______/
\_____\--\\| Seraph |//--/_____/
\\//\\//
Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 08-06-09 11:50 AM EDT (US)     388 / 1865       
Fascists call science evil, because it encourages skepticism, free thought, free speech (unhindered communication), the scrutinizing of ideas, and the demand for empirical evidence. The last thing an authoritative needs is a populace questioning them. Fascists manufacture statistics ("2+2=5 if it needs too"), and bastardize science to cater to their own needs. But of course, to a Fascist, not all science is bad. It is used to produce more advanced weapons and armor for the war effort. It is also used to confirm the ruling classes' propoganda. Any other scientific views not in support of the Party are suppressed.
What about Dr. Mengele? I really only meant evolution. Social Darwinianism was all over in Nazi Germany. That is conventiantly used as "proof" that devilution is evil and can't be true. I just feel sorry for Darwin. So most right wingers in America obviously are horrified with the Holacaust and such that won't be a worry.

What's gets me is why opposition to abortion is apparently characteristic. Sure it's super conservative but I just don't see why a government could kill 12 million+ at the drop of a hat but think the former is bad. Wouldn't it be a good way of getting rid of rivals before they are? Fascism certainly isn't "Pro-Life".
I have mixed feelings about a democratic, republic world government, divvied up into states or federations or something. The UN seems to be trying to create a unified control system of world governments. On the one hand, the populace would be united and wars between nations would not occur. With one government responsible for the quality of life of the human species, more attention would be justly given the Southeast Asia and Africa. Universal access and communication between people, scientists, hospitals, etc. More focus could be placed on pooling resources to colonize Mars and mine the moon for tritium for fusion reactors. However, huge civil wars could still arise and there would likely be insurgent groups. What worries me is that such a universal government could oppress all of humanity, preserving the struggle of the social classes indefinitely to an increased height of fascism as the ruling classes put down the up and coming of the middle classes and anyone who gets too *smart*.
Too risky.

>>My work<<

[This message has been edited by Old Bachus (edited 08-06-2009 @ 11:52 AM).]

Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 08-06-09 01:19 PM EDT (US)     389 / 1865       
Fascism certainly isn't "Pro-Life".
Republicans aren't either. They seem to want babies to grow up to be dead soldiers.

Dr. Mengele is a new name. *reads*

I will say this though, that science has come a long way with philosophy on the road of ethics. The US had the scandalous Tuskegee Syphilis Experiments and the Soviets had suicidal experiments on radiation (they actually had to send people into the water to get the fuel rods during the early days of nuclear plants), and I'm predict that their were many others. The Nazi experiments were unethical without question by today's standards. Again, I think they took it to an extreme in their day as other governments had similar experiments going on before and after WWII. I think the first big formation of ethics policies were in the 1960s and 70s when conventions of scientists would decide where they would draw the lines. Usually the governments followed behind a few years later. Before then, if you had enough money or power, anything went. This does bring up the interesting fact that the moral/ethical Zeitgeist changes with time, from generation to generation.

There are several meaning to the term Social Darwinianism, which was all over the capitalistic West, which was terribly unregulated in the late 1800s and early 1900s. It also carried over into politics by politicians effectively lobbying for breeding programs to sterilize the mentally insane, retarded, and deformed. The idea was mostly that it was in the best interest of future generations not to have these kind of people around. Eventually countries started euthanizing them instead, saving money that would be spent in their care. This got carried away further at a few points, until rumors surfaced from escapees that the Nazi Germans were killing off whole tribes and other people who were considered pests. Unfortunately this is used to smear Darwin and Evolution, which has nothing to do with it.
most right wingers in America obviously are horrified with the Holacaust and such that won't be a worry.
I know that most people on the right are normal people who wouldn't wish to see such atrocities again. But there are others who advocate for deporting and stripping people like me of their citizenship, making lack of belief or different beliefs a crime, homosexuality a imprisonable offense, etc. When I watch old clips of Palin fear mongering the crowd and McCain hiding his face, I wonder if they wouldn't like to have a KKK party.

I also think the Birthers Movement, the following that Obama was not born in the US, is hilarious. Hawaii has released his birth certificate to the public and they still go on.

Back to the more serious topic. Massacres of large populations were not too new to the people of the world back then. After all there are accounts in many holy books, history books of antiquity, and the recent struggles within the lives of those people before WWII. Most people who never encountered such things in their day-to-day lives were indifferent. They knew that the Jews were either leaving Germany or being forcibly deported or relocated. Some knew they worked in labor camps, and even fewer knew they were also being sent to extermination camp. Many who did know were Nazi Party members, were ordinary people in with the fervor of the politics and war, but many were indifferent, and only a small percentage cared. I would guess that the majority of people in Germany (all good Catholics and Protestants for the most part) did not wish for the death of the Holocaust victims. But it still happened, and their government orchestrated it all, and few of them did anything about it. This is one important reason to scrutinize the ideology of politicians and candidates. Unfortunately, the US is a huge factor in the unrest in the Middle East due to conservative evangelical politicians, insisting on funding Israel, in the hopes of sparking the beginning of the fulfillment Revelation. Sad thing is, the US Government has also funded rival terrorist organizations, including Hezbollah.

I would like to track that number down, how much the US is giving away to other governments, at tax payers' expense, for foreign governments and organizations to be our lackeys. It has to be several hundred billion...

\\//\\//
Bingo Little
Dúnadan
posted 08-06-09 01:33 PM EDT (US)     390 / 1865       
But it still happened, and their government orchestrated it all, and few of them did anything about it.
A lot of people in Germany helped in smuggling Jews out of the country....
Unfortunately, the US is a huge factor in the unrest in the Middle East due to conservative evangelical politicians, insisting on funding Israel, in the hopes of sparking the beginning of the fulfillment Revelation.
"It's okay, guys, we're doing this to cause the end of the world.

In a good way."

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 08-06-09 02:09 PM EDT (US)     391 / 1865       
I meant a a small percentage of the total population not necessarily a few or few hundred.
Auschwitz prisoner Alex Dekel has said: "I have never accepted the fact that Mengele himself believed he was doing serious work not from the slipshod way he went about it. He was only exercising his power. Mengele ran a butcher shop major surgeries were performed without anesthesia. Once, I witnessed a stomach operation Mengele was removing pieces from the stomach, but without any anesthetic. Another time, it was a heart that was removed, again, without anesthesia. It was horrifying. Mengele was a doctor who became mad because of the power he was given. Nobody ever questioned him why did this one die? Why did that one perish? The patients did not count. He professed to do what he did in the name of science, but it was a madness on his part".
Sounds like the Angel of Death/Proector was having deranged fun. Sort of like a craving for...bloodsports? I bet this prisoner had read some of Niche's philosophy.

\\//\\//
Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 08-06-09 06:42 PM EDT (US)     392 / 1865       
I know that most people on the right are normal people who wouldn't wish to see such atrocities again. But there are others who advocate for deporting and stripping people like me of their citizenship, making lack of belief or different beliefs a crime, homosexuality a imprisonable offense, etc. When I watch old clips of Palin fear mongering the crowd and McCain hiding his face, I wonder if they wouldn't like to have a KKK party.
I know you know that. Funny though, the KKK is traditionally Democrat. Don't know why. Of course Fred Phelps of all people ran for Prez as a Dem. If he became president folks would be nostalgic for the good ol' days unde3r King George .
I also think the Birthers Movement, the following that Obama was not born in the US, is hilarious. Hawaii has released his birth certificate to the public and they still go on.
Why they can't just stop denying he's 100 percent American is beyond me. Ever read Conservapedia's article on Obama? Good laugh.
Back to the more serious topic. Massacres of large populations were not too new to the people of the world back then. After all there are accounts in many holy books, history books of antiquity, and the recent struggles within the lives of those people before WWII. Most people who never encountered such things in their day-to-day lives were indifferent. They knew that the Jews were either leaving Germany or being forcibly deported or relocated. Some knew they worked in labor camps, and even fewer knew they were also being sent to extermination camp. Many who did know were Nazi Party members, were ordinary people in with the fervor of the politics and war, but many were indifferent, and only a small percentage cared. I would guess that the majority of people in Germany (all good Catholics and Protestants for the most part) did not wish for the death of the Holocaust victims. But it still happened, and their government orchestrated it all, and few of them did anything about it. This is one important reason to scrutinize the ideology of politicians and candidates. Unfortunately, the US is a huge factor in the unrest in the Middle East due to conservative evangelical politicians, insisting on funding Israel, in the hopes of sparking the beginning of the fulfillment Revelation. Sad thing is, the US Government has also funded rival terrorist organizations, including Hezbollah.
I regret to say that all the above is true . I know most German soldiers were horrified with the Rape of Nankiing.

Trying to fufill Bible prophecy is just crazy. Christ himself said he didn't know when it would happen. From what I understand Ahmedinejad isn't anti Israel at all. He just wants to end Zionism. But Fox is making like he wants to wipe them off the Earth. Our relations with Iran are shaky enough. Last thing we need is a leading news source misleading people like that.

In a good way."
That made laugh so hard.

>>My work<<

Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 08-06-09 06:50 PM EDT (US)     393 / 1865       

>>My work<<

Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 08-06-09 08:50 PM EDT (US)     394 / 1865       
Where's the evidence? There's films like Zeitgeist that deals with this, but like most conspiracy films, parts of it doesn't rely on reliable evidence and makes wild jumps from place to place.

\\//\\//
Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 08-06-09 09:39 PM EDT (US)     395 / 1865       
I know. Pretty funny if you ask me.

>>My work<<

Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 08-06-09 10:34 PM EDT (US)     396 / 1865       
Yes, I can imagine they could go on for hours.

\\//\\//
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
posted 08-06-09 11:59 PM EDT (US)     397 / 1865       
Unfortunately this is used to smear Darwin and Evolution, which has nothing to do with it.
Indeed. We ended up watching Expelled back in ToK, and that part where Stein quotes Darwin to make him sound like he supports eugenics, that so obviously misquoted, it was absolutely horrible.
Lou Dobbs had someone substitute on his show who showed absolute proof Obama was a natural born citizen, a few days later, he says that there isn't any evidence. Does the guy watch his own show?

In a good way."
That would so win the Bible belt over.
Dr. Mengele is a new name. *reads*
I read about him on Yahoo news a year back. Absolutely despicable.

|
Bingo Little
Dúnadan
posted 08-07-09 03:23 AM EDT (US)     398 / 1865       
Trying to fufill Bible prophecy is just crazy. Christ himself said he didn't know when it would happen.
Not to mention that revelation is so absolutely full of weird symbolism you need serious hard drugs to understand any of it So huge bits of it are probably metaphorical - the hallucinogenic mushroom population on Patmos speaks for itself.

On the illuminati, from cracked:
The modern-day fascination with the Illuminati is mainly due to a trilogy of books by pair of Playboy Editors called Illuminatus and then Mr. Dan "Da Vinci Code" Brown started casting them as the villains in his novels...

But more importantly, this seems to be the ultimate product of the paranoid mind, in that depending on who you talk to, the Illuminati includes everyone. Not just governments and corporations, but also Hollywood.

So every single ideological difference you think there is between political parties, competing companies and even the makers of your favorite TV shows, is fake. In reality, they all meet behind the scenes, with perfect secrecy, with perfect cooperation, to control everything. They're having round-table meetings in the penthouses of five-star hotels where they decide that America needs a terrorist attack this year while using their sinister connections to implant secret messages into Hannah Montana songs.

The interesting thing here is that cumulatively, they're talking about groups--politicians, bankers, big media--that do control the world. But they control it in the sense that a group of squirrels can "control" how that meatloaf they found the trash gets eaten. It'll get eaten, all right, but the organization is what's lacking

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 08-07-09 05:21 AM EDT (US)     399 / 1865       
But it still happened, and their government orchestrated it all, and few of them did anything about it.
Remember of course that you had a whole network of concentration camps- it wasn't just in Germany. A lot of Dutch, for instance, or Polish, helped. Also, remember that people were scared- I imagine it was akin to throwing yourself into the path of a firing squad, what with informers and all. It took a special kind of courage to help them- not all Germans were Nazis, and not all Nazis were evil, we must remember.

Bingo 'Cracked' before me

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 08-07-09 12:15 PM EDT (US)     400 / 1865       
Indeed. We ended up watching Expelled back in ToK, and that part where Stein quotes Darwin to make him sound like he supports eugenics, that so obviously misquoted, it was absolutely horrible.
Yeah, like up to 50 % of the Darwin text was edited. By having words here and there snipped out and such. It's one thing to read source material to find stuff to back your claims, but to cherry pick and alter it is just lying. Stein obviously saw what Chuck really wrote and due to his preconcieved ideas couldn't except it, or he got the "quotes" from somewhere else who did the same thing. Don't they know Darwin hated slavery? Then again, there isn't the link between racism and slavery that most folks today think there is.
I read about him on Yahoo news a year back. Absolutely despicable.
It surprised me Hugh didn't know about him. His life and work confirm my belief that it wasn't Hitler, but his inner circle that made the Nazis so evil. Mengele, Himmler, Eichmman, Globocnic, The Grand Mufti, all them, they weren't just blindly following orders out of fear or because they did indeed agree. They all had their own sinister agenda. And it was Hitler who gave them license to attempt to carry it out.
Not to mention that revelation is so absolutely full of weird symbolism you need serious hard drugs to understand any of it So huge bits of it are probably metaphorical - the hallucinogenic mushroom population on Patmos speaks for itself.
Yeah, I've studied it myself. About a third of it I had to ask my pastor about. A good amount of it we won't know until it's being carried out. Same goes for Daniel.
On the illuminati, from cracked:
Good article, could you link the full thing please?

What gets me is the fact that people make all this crap up about a group that possibly doesn't even exist.
Remember of course that you had a whole network of concentration camps- it wasn't just in Germany. A lot of Dutch, for instance, or Polish, helped. Also, remember that people were scared- I imagine it was akin to throwing yourself into the path of a firing squad, what with informers and all. It took a special kind of courage to help them- not all Germans were Nazis, and not all Nazis were evil, we must remember.
There was this one woman, she's still alive today, who helped thousands of Jews, Poles, Roma/Gypsies, gays, and such. I forgot her name but they call her "The Other Schindler" and "The Other Corrie ten Boom". She lost the Nobel Peace Prize to Al Gore.

>>My work<<

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 14 15 16 17 18 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 75  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames