You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Prancing Pony
Moderated by Sir Hugh, EnemyofJupitor, Atzy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1865 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Prancing Pony » Bree Bash X - Friendship Lasts Forever (in the Bree Bash at least)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Bree Bash X - Friendship Lasts Forever (in the Bree Bash at least)
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 75  Next Page »
A Banned User
Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
posted 05-17-09 01:42 PM EDT (US)         
--- Bum Bash XXX ---

<3

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)

[This message has been edited by A Banned User (edited 08-27-2012 @ 04:27 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
TaylorFlame
Lizard the Bard
posted 06-25-09 06:42 AM EDT (US)     226 / 1865       
Will you remember to put in how amazingly awesome I am and how I save the day?

But seriously, the story looks great, there is a great amount of detail and monologue sort of thing going without it being boring (quite the opposite) and I was unhappy when I reached the end. It's good, Arvy. And do whatever you need with the people in order to make it better.

TaylorFlame - The Definitive Man.
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 06-25-09 07:14 AM EDT (US)     227 / 1865       
Will you remember to put in how amazingly awesome I am and how I save the day?
But seriously, the story looks great, there is a great amount of detail and monologue sort of thing going without it being boring (quite the opposite) and I was unhappy when I reached the end. It's good, Arvy. And do whatever you need with the people in order to make it better.
Thanks Though I'd appreciate it if future comments could go into the designated thread. I really haven't planned out the final directions for each character yet. I think in the next or third update I'll explain to the reader everyone's personality from my own point of view, and then go from there and see where everyone's personality happens to lead them.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
Catabre
BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
posted 06-25-09 08:55 AM EDT (US)     228 / 1865       
Ever considered being an author? You may not, but seem to have a natural talent for writing, I don't have the patience, and my writing isn't that great.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
Bingo Little
Dúnadan
(id: Medusasson)
posted 06-25-09 09:02 AM EDT (US)     229 / 1865       
Agreed with Catabre - you really ought to write more stuff.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
Catabre
posted 06-25-09 09:04 AM EDT (US)     230 / 1865       
So should we post comments in the thread? I'm used to having a story thread and a comments thread.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
posted 06-25-09 11:46 AM EDT (US)     231 / 1865       
Ever considered being an author? You may not, but seem to have a natural talent for writing, I don't have the patience, and my writing isn't that great.
...You have no idea. I've started writing maybe 4 different fantasy books. I've created numerous maps for each, and for one, even started a language. It was really my LotR obsession acting up. I think science fiction might be a genre in which I'm more comfortable, though, and can continue.
Agreed with Catabre - you really ought to write more stuff.
So should we post comments in the thread? I'm used to having a story thread and a comments thread.
Post comments in the thread, I think, would be easiest.

|
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 06-25-09 01:36 PM EDT (US)     232 / 1865       
I think in the next or third update I'll explain to the reader everyone's personality from my own point of view, and then go from there and see where everyone's personality happens to lead them.
Good idea. This will help you develop the characters more and come up with plot details.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
DunC
Dúnadan
(id: Evil_Cheese44221)
posted 06-25-09 02:42 PM EDT (US)     233 / 1865       
Y'know arvy, I'm tempted to write my own Sci-Fi book.
Kick me in the arse some day to do it

"It is my Duty. My Duty, as a complete, and utter bastard."~Arnold Judas Rimmer
"The real revolution starts with learning. If you're not angry, then you're not paying attention" - Tim McIlath
"We're All The PirateBay"
~~~~Evil_Cheese44221~~~~

Blatant
posted 06-25-09 06:04 PM EDT (US)     234 / 1865       
Y'know Banned, quotes of the week and logic of the week only really work if they're being updated every week.

Edit: Oh and apparently Michael Jackson died.

Edit2: Nevermind, apparently that's bullshit and his death hasn't been confirmed yet.

[This message has been edited by Blatant7 (edited 06-25-2009 @ 06:29 PM).]

Catabre
posted 06-25-09 06:38 PM EDT (US)     235 / 1865       
I just heard that he died too. Let's see if it is confirmed.

The Wikipedia page won't load.

Blatant
posted 06-25-09 06:41 PM EDT (US)     236 / 1865       
Bleh. Don't rely on Wikipedia, go with a popular news station. AFAIK CNN hasn't confirmed his death yet.

Edit: Apparently CNN just confirmed it.

[This message has been edited by Blatant7 (edited 06-25-2009 @ 06:42 PM).]

Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 06-25-09 08:58 PM EDT (US)     237 / 1865       
So has the NYT. Yay, no more additions to his post 1970s crap. [/cynical]

________                                         ________
\________\------______ _____------/________/
\_______\---\\\\ Sir Hugh ////---/_______/
\_____\--\\¦| Seraph |¦//--/_____/
\\//\\//
°ºº°
Atzy
Redshirt
(id: uberjedi)
posted 06-25-09 10:02 PM EDT (US)     238 / 1865       
Digg is the superior news source!

Feed the birds
Atzy
Redshirt
posted 06-25-09 11:50 PM EDT (US)     239 / 1865       
is anyone here playing Battlefield Heroes? I'm trying it out again now that it's open for everyone and I have to say - it's pretty brilliant fun.

Griefing possibilities alone are awesome.

Feed the birds
Calenraug
Dúnadan
(id: Calenrauko)
posted 06-26-09 00:09 AM EDT (US)     240 / 1865       
I tried it out during beta, but I wasn't very impressed. It's very well done for a game which is mostly free, but the lack of high production values shows. I am looking forward to Battlefield 1943 and Bad Company 2, on the other hand.

Player of The Lord of the Rings Online.
Server: Vilya
Name: Maegbor
Atzy
Redshirt
posted 06-26-09 00:56 AM EDT (US)     241 / 1865       
That's true Calenraug. This game lacks the high production values of games you have anticipated in the past, such as Lord of the Rings: Conquest.

P.S. BF1943 is essentially Battlefield Heroes without the free part.

Feed the birds

[This message has been edited by Atzy (edited 06-26-2009 @ 00:57 AM).]

Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
posted 06-26-09 02:41 AM EDT (US)     242 / 1865       
LotR: C was fun at first but in the end, a waste of money.

|
A Banned User
Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
posted 06-26-09 11:02 AM EDT (US)     243 / 1865       
I'm sure somebody once said that exact same thing to me but was refering to prostitutes.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
Nacht Jaeger
Dúnadan
(id: RCM7525)
posted 06-26-09 11:02 AM EDT (US)     244 / 1865       
Recently I've found CS:S to be well worth the money.

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
Catabre
posted 06-26-09 05:12 PM EDT (US)     245 / 1865       
LotR: C was fun at first but in the end, a waste of money.
Agreed. Thankfully my friend bought it not me.

@Atzy: I enjoy battlefield heroes, the soldier is probably my favorite class. Fast Firing shotgun, fairly well upgraded grenade spam, plus fully upgraded heal works well.

Blatant
posted 06-26-09 05:14 PM EDT (US)     246 / 1865       
Agreed. Thankfully my friend bought it not me.
I wasted my hard-earned money on that game.

Atzy
Redshirt
posted 06-26-09 06:48 PM EDT (US)     247 / 1865       
What's your tag Catabre? I'm CptFantastic

Feed the birds
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
posted 06-26-09 10:40 PM EDT (US)     248 / 1865       
I wasted my hard-earned money on that game.
Well, wasn't that dumb? At least I had the sense to waste my parent's hard-earned money on that game.

|
Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 06-27-09 01:28 PM EDT (US)     249 / 1865       
CS:S
I think COD4 multiplayer is loads better, but that's just me.

________                                         ________
\________\------______ _____------/________/
\_______\---\\\\ Sir Hugh ////---/_______/
\_____\--\\¦| Seraph |¦//--/_____/
\\//\\//
°ºº°
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
posted 06-28-09 02:56 AM EDT (US)     250 / 1865       
Oh, my. Best book review from Amazon EVER.
“Please allow me to share with you how “The Secret” changed my life and in a very real and substantive way allowed me to overcome a severe crisis in my personal life. It is well known that the premise of “The Secret” is the science of attracting the things in life that you desire and need and in removing from your life those things that you don’t want. Before finding this book, I knew nothing of these principles, the process of positive visualization, and had actually engaged in reckless behaviors to the point of endangering my own life and wellbeing.

At age 36, I found myself in a medium security prison serving 3-5 years for destruction of government property and public intoxication. This was stiff punishment for drunkenly defecating in a mailbox but as the judge pointed out, this was my third conviction for the exact same crime. I obviously had an alcohol problem and a deep and intense disrespect for the postal system, but even more importantly I was ignoring the very fabric of our metaphysical reality and inviting destructive influences into my life.

My fourth day in prison was the first day that I was allowed in general population and while in the recreation yard I was approached by a prisoner named Marcus who calmly informed me that as a new prisoner I had been purchased by him for three packs of Winston cigarettes and 8 ounces of Pruno (prison wine). Marcus elaborated further that I could expect to be [...] raped by him on a daily basis and that I had pretty eyes.

Needless to say, I was deeply shocked that my life had sunk to this level. Although I’ve never been homophobic I was discovering that I was very rape phobic and dismayed by my overall personal street value of roughly $15. I returned to my cell and sat very quietly, searching myself for answers on how I could improve my life and distance myself from harmful outside influences. At that point, in what I consider to be a miraculous moment, my cell mate Jim Norton informed me that he knew about the Marcus situation and that he had something that could solve my problems. He handed me a copy of “The Secret”. Normally I wouldn’t have turned to a self help book to resolve such a severe and immediate threat but I literally didn’t have any other available alternatives. I immediately opened the book and began to read.

The first few chapters deal with the essence of something called the “Law of Attraction” in which a primal universal force is available to us and can be harnessed for the betterment of our lives. The theoretical nature of the first few chapters wasn’t exactly putting me at peace. In fact, I had never meditated and had great difficulty with closing out the chaotic noises of the prison and visualizing the positive changes that I so dearly needed. It was when I reached Chapter 6 “The Secret to Relationships” that I realized how this book could help me distance myself from Marcus and his negative intentions. Starting with chapter six there was a cavity carved into the book and in that cavity was a prison shiv. This particular shiv was a toothbrush with a handle that had been repeatedly melted and ground into a razor sharp point.

The next day in the exercise yard I carried “The Secret” with me and when Marcus approached me I opened the book and stabbed him in the neck. The next eight weeks in solitary confinement provided ample time to practice positive visualization and the 16 hours per day of absolute darkness actually made visualization about the only thing that I actually could do. I’m not sure that everybody’s life will be changed in such a dramatic way by this book but I’m very thankful to have found it and will continue to recommend it heartily.”

|
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 75  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames