You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Prancing Pony
Moderated by Sir Hugh, EnemyofJupitor, Atzy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1865 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Prancing Pony » Bree Bash X - Friendship Lasts Forever (in the Bree Bash at least)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Bree Bash X - Friendship Lasts Forever (in the Bree Bash at least)
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 71 72 73 74 75  Next Page »
A Banned User
Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
posted 05-17-09 01:42 PM EDT (US)         
--- Bum Bash XXX ---

<3

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)

[This message has been edited by A Banned User (edited 08-27-2012 @ 04:27 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
The Best Guest
Dúnadan
posted 01-24-12 06:27 PM EDT (US)     1801 / 1865       
^^^^ My favorite couple

This is Not A Sig it is a Follow up to a Post
Revora Forums for all your modding needs
TBG (He is ever so slightly more awesome than everyone else for voting now isn't he?)-FOO
BSL Clan
"mods are actually fun girls!"-Jax
The Wanderer
Dúnadan
posted 01-25-12 11:25 AM EDT (US)     1802 / 1865       
Hey there Abby! It's good to hear from you!

*feels a wave of nostalgia*

The soul now burns, these thoughts I churn.
To never have a brief sojourn.
Oh maiden Death! Please hear my plea!
Allieviate, my malady.
Engulf me now, to you I bow.
Embrace me now, your tears, my vow.
TaylorFlame
Lizard the Bard
posted 02-09-12 07:07 PM EDT (US)     1803 / 1865       
<3 for all of you

TaylorFlame - The Definitive Man.
Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 02-09-12 10:46 PM EDT (US)     1804 / 1865       
Abby and Jax are engaged!!!

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
Franey
Town Drunk
(id: Franey_rules)
posted 03-10-12 11:53 PM EDT (US)     1805 / 1865       
Hey guys. I donned my HeavenGames shirt today that I won way back in the first fan fiction contest (and my nifty title along with it). It got me thinking of this place and all the fun I had on here back in high school.

It's good to see some of the oldies still around. I know I keep popping up randomly and saying I'll try and stick around a bit. Maybe it'll happen this time if life doesn't get in the way (doubtful)

Seriously, I can't believe it was almost six years ago to the day that I signed up for this site. That's like a hundred years in Internet time.
Catabre
BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
posted 03-12-12 10:08 PM EDT (US)     1806 / 1865       
I'm glad to see that you two (Ab and Jax) are still together. At least relationships are working out for someone

Quick question for TF or Franey (or any forummers with alcoholic experience): any alcohol suggestions? I've recently started trying different types of alcohol and I'm looking for all different types. My exposure has mainly been limited to White Russians, whiskey, Kahlua, Everclear, vodka, and wine.

So far I have yet to find a drink I enjoy more than milk :P

Why the shift into alcohol you may ask? Well, I've been fairly depressed/angry recently and I need an escape. Sadly, I don't really notice a buzz after drinking. I don't even notice when I'm drunk :/ I guess that means it is time to get shitfaced?

Just realized that tomorrow will be my five year anniversary on HeavenGames.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor

[This message has been edited by Catabre (edited 03-12-2012 @ 10:10 PM).]

Catabre
posted 03-13-12 10:36 AM EDT (US)     1807 / 1865       
Five years old on HG today. Damn, it seems like I've been here forever. It all started with looking for AoE3 maps years ago...

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 03-14-12 04:27 PM EDT (US)     1808 / 1865       
Hey, Franey! Didn't you get that in a fan fic contest over here once?
Quick question for TF or Franey (or any forummers with alcoholic experience): any alcohol suggestions? I've recently started trying different types of alcohol and I'm looking for all different types. My exposure has mainly been limited to White Russians, whiskey, Kahlua, Everclear, vodka, and wine.
Whiskey is nice

I assume you do mixers- I recommend for a nice-tasting drink Desperadoes and Coke.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Catabre
posted 03-15-12 01:01 AM EDT (US)     1809 / 1865       
Yes, lots of mixers. I've found that I enjoy a mix of vodka, cream soda, and milk. Half and half with some amaretto and cherry coke is excellent as well.
I recommend for a nice-tasting drink Desperadoes and Coke.
I've heard good things about that combination.

Franey
Town Drunk
(id: Franey_rules)
posted 03-16-12 01:19 PM EDT (US)     1810 / 1865       
I sure did, EoJ! Good times!

As for you, Catabre, I don't really recommend drinking at all when you're depressed or angry. I know everyone's different, but for me it just makes matters worse and things usually boil over in a way that isn't healthy for me. I've had two episodes recently that have finally put the nail in the coffin in terms of my whiskey drinking. I'd rather stop now while I'm ahead and not in jail, haha!

Right now I've been really into gin and tonics. Bombay Sapphire to be precise. I usually mix it half and half and put a lime in there. But I know gin and tonics aren't for everyone. If you like that though, I hear good things about Hendrick's Gin, Tonic Water, and a slice of cucumber. Haven't tried that one myself yet because it's a pricey one.

As for whiskey, Jameson's and Ginger Ale is my go to. But If you have Wiser's around your parts that's a good choice. Crown Royal and Coke is another good one.

Appleton's Rum is also delicious. I'm partial to the 12 Year Old but that's super pricey and the normal stuff works just fine. As far as rum and cokes go the best I ever had was with Appleton's.

But... If you're feeling adventurous my band has a drink named after us now that my buddy invented. We have a song called "Whiskey, Beer, and Cider" so you can guess what goes into it! You take a half pint of cider (I prefer Magners), a shot of whiskey (preferably Jamesons) and fill the rest with a beer of your choice. I've found either an ale or a pilsner works best. It's called the Scally Cap Brat. haha
Cheddar Chap
Dúnadan
(id: The Cheese Man)
posted 03-19-12 07:51 PM EDT (US)     1811 / 1865       
Hello.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
TaylorFlame
Lizard the Bard
posted 03-21-12 07:49 AM EDT (US)     1812 / 1865       
As surprising as it may be to some, I don't really drink anymore. I think I'm allergic to alcohol and my body just rejects it. Right now, when I really want to drink (and have a free day afterwards for my body to destroy itself) I drink Rekordelig cider. It is the single best alcoholic drink I've had.

From back when I drank heavily, I can recommend good scotch. I highly enjoyed scotch on its own back then.

There is also the old Australian favourite of cask wine, colloquially known as 'goon'. It is ridiculously cheap wine served in what is essentially a plastic bag with a valve for the liquid to come out of. It's cheap, dirty, and given you buy it by the 5L, gets you very drunk if you work at it.

Bourbon and coke is a solid mixer, and vodka mixed with orange juice goes down easily and is often a favourite of my friends.

Finally, on the topic of beers, I find myself highly partial to Coronas with a slice of lime in them. However, I find it is often a matter of personal preference. Don't drink American beers though they are bad.

Franey is right though, never drink because you are sad, alcohol often just amplifies what you are feeling and you run the risk of becoming a drunk, emotional wreck. However, drinking with a few good friends or with a lot of other people drinking while maintaining a positive attitude can do wonders for you.

TaylorFlame
Lizard the Bard
posted 03-21-12 07:52 AM EDT (US)     1813 / 1865       
Also, as bad as a break-up is, old Cat, in a few months, you'll find yourself realising that it wasn't that bad a thing. Give it time, and your wounds will heal, and you'll be ready for anything. If a girl breaks up with you, she isn't the girl you want to be with.

Drakontos
Dúnadan
posted 03-25-12 07:02 PM EDT (US)     1814 / 1865       
SANGRĶA!

Also drinking heavily is bad. Doesn't cure anything. And I totally don't drink one hell of a lot more since returning from Europe, for various reasons.

But mainly SANGRĶA!

PROCRASTINATE NOT · JAMAIS ARRIERE
Catabre
posted 04-02-12 01:25 AM EDT (US)     1815 / 1865       
Hello.
Hello Mozzy.
As for you, Catabre, I don't really recommend drinking at all when you're depressed or angry. I know everyone's different, but for me it just makes matters worse and things usually boil over in a way that isn't healthy for me. I've had two episodes recently that have finally put the nail in the coffin in terms of my whiskey drinking. I'd rather stop now while I'm ahead and not in jail, haha!
Good point. Both times I got drunk I was basically myself, but just a little more analytical. But yeah, I don't really see myself getting drunk at any point in the future; the semester is really getting harder.
As for whiskey, Jameson's and Ginger Ale is my go to. But If you have Wiser's around your parts that's a good choice. Crown Royal and Coke is another good one.
I'll keep that in mind.
But... If you're feeling adventurous my band has a drink named after us now that my buddy invented. We have a song called "Whiskey, Beer, and Cider" so you can guess what goes into it! You take a half pint of cider (I prefer Magners), a shot of whiskey (preferably Jamesons) and fill the rest with a beer of your choice. I've found either an ale or a pilsner works best. It's called the Scally Cap Brat. haha
Sounds really intriguing
Finally, on the topic of beers, I find myself highly partial to Coronas with a slice of lime in them. However, I find it is often a matter of personal preference. Don't drink American beers though they are bad.
To me beer smells like shit. Could be because I've only smelled cheap American beers though.
Also, as bad as a break-up is, old Cat, in a few months, you'll find yourself realising that it wasn't that bad a thing. Give it time, and your wounds will heal, and you'll be ready for anything. If a girl breaks up with you, she isn't the girl you want to be with.
Very, very true. Her recent stupidity/irresponsibility has kinda killed the attraction I had for her. It has actually been several months now :P Anyways, she's gone off the rails somewhat; she was almost arrested for underage drinking and throwing empty bottles of off the roof of a hotel while at a chemistry research conference all the way across the country. She also a lot sluttier. Those two things just kinda killed any lingering attraction
Also drinking heavily is bad. Doesn't cure anything.
Learned that one the (hard?) way. I get pretty tired and feel like shit afterwards. Could also be a side effect of the party though

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 04-11-12 05:38 AM EDT (US)     1816 / 1865       
To me beer smells like shit. Could be because I've only smelled cheap American beers though.
My girlfriend loves it when I drink Ale, because it makes my breath smell nicer than other alcoholic drinks

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
TaylorFlame
Lizard the Bard
posted 04-15-12 01:26 AM EDT (US)     1817 / 1865       
Anyways, she's gone off the rails somewhat; she was almost arrested for underage drinking and throwing empty bottles of off the roof of a hotel while at a chemistry research conference all the way across the country.
The idea that someone can be attending a chemistry research conference and then get arrested for under-age drinking seems ridiculous to me. How you can reach that level of professionalism and still not be allowed to buy a schooner I do not understand.

[This message has been edited by TaylorFlame (edited 04-15-2012 @ 01:56 AM).]

Catabre
posted 05-04-12 12:36 PM EDT (US)     1818 / 1865       
It is America after all

I've heard ale has an excellent smell to it. It is on my list of drinks to try someday.

For you bastards: My friend and I having a pepper spray duel

(Yes, I know I externalize it more than he does. I however took two shots to the eyes; he was sprayed once with his eyes closed)

[This message has been edited by Catabre (edited 05-06-2012 @ 06:08 PM).]

Cheddar Chap
Dúnadan
(id: The Cheese Man)
posted 06-15-12 10:34 PM EDT (US)     1819 / 1865       
in2replace

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
MR ANCALAGON
Dúnadan
(id: Ancalagon_4554)
posted 06-25-12 10:06 PM EDT (US)     1820 / 1865       
Sup, dudes.

Anyone still here?

[This message has been edited by MR ANCALAGON (edited 06-25-2012 @ 10:07 PM).]

Drakontos
Dúnadan
posted 06-27-12 08:28 PM EDT (US)     1821 / 1865       
I swing in every now and then, but less and less frequently.

PROCRASTINATE NOT · JAMAIS ARRIERE
Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 06-27-12 11:04 PM EDT (US)     1822 / 1865       
Yeah :/

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
Catabre
posted 06-30-12 09:50 PM EDT (US)     1823 / 1865       
Oh hey, it's Anc! Haven't seen you for ages.

How is life treating you?

[This message has been edited by Catabre (edited 06-30-2012 @ 09:50 PM).]

Bingo Little
Dúnadan
(id: Medusasson)
posted 07-01-12 02:06 PM EDT (US)     1824 / 1865       
Abbi and Jax got engaged? Woo! Party!

Also holy shit this forum is still here.

And I swear all the topics on the frontpage are... the... exact same?

Well, it's still here, anyway.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
MR ANCALAGON
Dúnadan
(id: Ancalagon_4554)
posted 07-10-12 06:16 PM EDT (US)     1825 / 1865       
I see Heavengames hasn't upgraded to VBulletin yet. Same good ol' forum software it always was.

Anyway. Gonna leave my SteamID here.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheAncalagon

Mainly playing Dota 2 and League (albeit less often since the Dota invite) now.

Started here when I was a freshman in high school. Now I'm a junior in college. Where has life gone?

This forum is dying, but I get a bit nostalgic here - this is where my days on the internet started.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 71 72 73 74 75  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames