You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Prancing Pony
Moderated by Sir Hugh, EnemyofJupitor, Atzy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1866 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Prancing Pony » Bree Bash X - Friendship Lasts Forever (in the Bree Bash at least)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Bree Bash X - Friendship Lasts Forever (in the Bree Bash at least)
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7 8 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 75  Next Page »
A Banned User
Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
posted 05-17-09 01:42 PM EDT (US)         
--- Bum Bash XXX ---

<3

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)

[This message has been edited by A Banned User (edited 08-27-2012 @ 04:27 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Nacht Jaeger
Dúnadan
(id: RCM7525)
posted 06-03-09 11:14 AM EDT (US)     126 / 1866       
Assassin's Creed 2 looks pretty good to me. I usually like older games better for whatever reason, though.

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
Catabre
BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
posted 06-03-09 05:29 PM EDT (US)     127 / 1866       
I'm waiting for Dawn of Fantasy and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat.

Right now my eyes look like those baby's eyes.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 06-07-09 10:20 PM EDT (US)     128 / 1866       
I hope several of you have been kidnapped, because you aren't talking.

________                                         ________
\________\------______ _____------/________/
\_______\---\\\\ Sir Hugh ////---/_______/
\_____\--\\| Seraph |//--/_____/
\\//\\//
A Banned User
posted 06-08-09 05:50 AM EDT (US)     129 / 1866       
I was kidnapped by exams. But I just finished my final one, so yay!

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant

1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
Catabre
posted 06-08-09 10:30 AM EDT (US)     130 / 1866       
Finished my masochism for the day. 6 miles, calisthenics, and a little bit of sprinting are all behind me.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 06-08-09 10:44 AM EDT (US)     131 / 1866       
*Is done with school*

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 06-08-09 10:49 AM EDT (US)     132 / 1866       
I was kidnapped by exams. But I just finished my final one, so yay!
History, right? That's the one I just finished

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Atzy
Redshirt
(id: uberjedi)
posted 06-08-09 11:43 AM EDT (US)     133 / 1866       
Natal looks so freakin retarded. Unless you're like six years old then it'll be the best thing ever.

I never got into AC, but the AC 2 trailer was sweet enough for me to go back and give it another go.

MW2 looks like more of the same but with snow. Also, horrible vehicle section ahoy!

Alan Wake looks unbelievably good...which means I don't believe it could possibly be that good.

Left 4 Dead 2 looks superb. The major fault with the first game was the lack of weapons and not enough maps, both of which look to be fixed in this (very fast!) release.

No one's mentioned Splinter Cell Conviction, a game that's been significantly revamped and looks all the better for it.

Feed the birds

[This message has been edited by Atzy (edited 06-08-2009 @ 11:45 AM).]

A Banned User
posted 06-08-09 01:10 PM EDT (US)     134 / 1866       
History, right? That's the one I just finished
Yeah! You didn't happen to be doing Edexcel, Britain in the wars 1854 - 1918 did you? If so it was bloody difficult. If not then forget it .

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 06-08-09 01:21 PM EDT (US)     135 / 1866       
Yeah! You didn't happen to be doing Edexcel, Britain in the wars 1854 - 1918 did you? If so it was bloody difficult. If not then forget it
I did indeed. I did the question about women, which wasn't too hard. The sourcework one was a gift, too.

A Banned User
posted 06-08-09 01:39 PM EDT (US)     136 / 1866       
Question (a) was really simple and easy marks, but the two (b) choices were awful. I blame it on my teaching though as whatever the one on the Boer war was we never did (something about the Goverment censoring the press?), and all we got taught for women after WW1 was they got the vote for those over 30. I believe we spent 5 lessons going over what women did during the war and about 5 mins going over what happened to them after the war. I remember my teacher saying we don't really need to learn the consequences and effects of the war as the course only goes up to 1918, thanks for that Miss! So yeah my whole class must have done awful.

I'm also annoyed I spent ages revising Crimea and Boer, that was a waste of time and two thirds of the course.

[This message has been edited by A Banned User (edited 06-08-2009 @ 01:40 PM).]

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 06-08-09 01:55 PM EDT (US)     137 / 1866       
Question (a) was really simple and easy marks, but the two (b) choices were awful.
Mm.
I blame it on my teaching though as whatever the one on the Boer war was we never did (something about the Goverment censoring the press?),
The main reason why I didn't do it. I was under the impression it was fairly lax, and the journalists themselves, as they were army officers, were at fault for not exposing them.
and all we got taught for women after WW1 was they got the vote for those over 30. I believe we spent 5 lessons going over what women did during the war and about 5 mins going over what happened to them after the war.
I used my reserves of general knowledge to answer it, shaping it basically that while nothing seemed to change much during the immediate aftermath, women had been shown that they could do anything men could, and that once even Asqueth saw this (source 8, IIRC), political reform and general equality of women was near inevitable. Also, I commented on the sources, saying the reason why less women were in work afterwards in all sectors was because they were bringing up the kids of the baby boom.
'Course, how accurate this is is another story.

I remember my teacher saying we don't really need to learn the consequences and effects of the war as the course only goes up to 1918, thanks for that Miss!
Yep. Me too.

Nacht Jaeger
Dúnadan
posted 06-08-09 03:26 PM EDT (US)     138 / 1866       
You guys are complaining? I hate feeling like the only American kid who knows why World War I even started.

Catabre
posted 06-08-09 03:40 PM EDT (US)     139 / 1866       
*cough*

Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 06-08-09 04:21 PM EDT (US)     140 / 1866       
You guys are complaining? I hate feeling like the only American kid who knows why World War I even started.
I'm still American.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 06-08-09 05:50 PM EDT (US)     141 / 1866       
We're supposed to have higher standards here in Britain, Nacht

A Banned User
posted 06-08-09 06:10 PM EDT (US)     142 / 1866       
The main reason why I didn't do it. I was under the impression it was fairly lax, and the journalists themselves, as they were army officers, were at fault for not exposing them.
/ it was a really mean and difficult question. The only thing I remembered about that sort of stuff in the Boer war was that the Daily Mail was half a penny.
I used my reserves of general knowledge to answer it, shaping it basically that while nothing seemed to change much during the immediate aftermath, women had been shown that they could do anything men could, and that once even Asqueth saw this (source 8, IIRC), political reform and general equality of women was near inevitable. Also, I commented on the sources, saying the reason why less women were in work afterwards in all sectors was because they were bringing up the kids of the baby boom.
'Course, how accurate this is is another story.
About 10% of my answer was actual own knowledge on the question. 20% own knowledge was on women during the First World War. 20% random stuff I flung together in a bid to sound smart. Infact I got so desperate I did a paragraph on Florance Nightingale. 50% was on the sources.

Nacht Jaeger
Dúnadan
posted 06-08-09 07:21 PM EDT (US)     143 / 1866       
*cough*
I'm still American.
Allow me to rephrase that. I meant the significance of of Otto von Bismarck, the unification of Germany, and Bismarck's web of diplomacy in relation to the new German Chancellor and the explosion of World War I across Europe.

Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 06-08-09 07:23 PM EDT (US)     144 / 1866       
Allow me to rephrase that. I meant the significance of of Otto von Bismarck, the unification of Germany, and Bismarck's web of diplomacy in relation to the new German Chancellor and the explosion of World War I across Europe.
Hey! I'm STILL American!

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
Nacht Jaeger
Dúnadan
posted 06-08-09 07:30 PM EDT (US)     145 / 1866       
Yeah, well you and I are just abnormally intelligent and knowledgeable. Most people I know have no idea who Bismarck was.

Atzy
Redshirt
(id: uberjedi)
posted 06-08-09 08:40 PM EDT (US)     146 / 1866       
ah, this historical elitism is most endearing, really one of your better traits Nacht.

Feed the birds
Nacht Jaeger
Dúnadan
posted 06-08-09 09:06 PM EDT (US)     147 / 1866       
Oh Atzy, don't be like that. It's not like "Oh, I know who this guy is so I'm better than you." The point I'm stressing is that a proper understanding of the past is crucial to a proper understanding of the present, and I'm frustrated when students seem to have little to no interest in being informed about the past or the present.

Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 06-08-09 10:04 PM EDT (US)     148 / 1866       
Are you hinting at our discussion over who united Germany earlier this morning? 'Cause that wasn't my fault. My teachers suck.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
Nacht Jaeger
Dúnadan
posted 06-08-09 10:19 PM EDT (US)     149 / 1866       
No actually. EoJ and Banned just happened to be talking about World War I.

Kyr Nelenar
Dúnadan
(id: darkservant)
posted 06-08-09 10:47 PM EDT (US)     150 / 1866       
Hey Catabre, you live in Tennessee right?... If so, I'm in the same state as you ... I'm currently in a hotel near Memphis on a work trip ... I've already visited Graceland.. although I only saw it from the outside...

_.,-=~+"^'`:Kyr Nlnar:`'^"+~=-,._
"n rans Helara" - "Live Well Friend"
"krnai Scar-lu" --- "krnai of Thirteen"
Remember Kids: "Kyr" rhymes with fire...
Sometimes your imagination inspires other people to use theirs.-Sir Hugh-
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7 8 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 75  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames