You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Prancing Pony
Moderated by Sir Hugh, EnemyofJupitor, Atzy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1865 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Prancing Pony » Bree Bash X - Friendship Lasts Forever (in the Bree Bash at least)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Bree Bash X - Friendship Lasts Forever (in the Bree Bash at least)
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 16 17 18 19 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 75  Next Page »
A Banned User
Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
posted 05-17-09 01:42 PM EDT (US)         
--- Bum Bash XXX ---

<3

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)

[This message has been edited by A Banned User (edited 08-27-2012 @ 04:27 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Andalus
Dúnadan
posted 08-10-09 09:38 AM EDT (US)     426 / 1865       
I was helping out with a training day for Staffordshire Police.

We were split up into groups and given a 'crime' that we had supposedly committed. We then had several groups of student officers who were given descriptions of us and had to stop and search us.

My partner in crime and I *had* been spray painting on a garage somewhere and been reported to the police. We were given a spray can and a drawstring bag to put it in.

For the first one we said we'd been helping out some old biddies at the local church, spray-painting pinecones gold for the harvest festival... We gave the name of the church and a contact. It is a good job that there wasn't going to be a follow up because they would have soon discovered there was no 'Father Thomas' at the church. We got away with it.

The second time we used a similar alibi, saying we were doing a mural at our youth club. Got away with it again.

Third and fourth times we threw the can into the bushes as we walked around the corner, and they didn't find it. The third group did actually check though, which was good. Got away with it both times.

The fifth group stopped us and we tried the youth group excuse. However, they weren't buying it and said that because we fitted the descriptions and we did have a spray can, he was going to arrest us (this consisted of gripping our arm, giving us the spiel, and then walking off). What was interesting about this one was he gave me a caution before he even started asking me any questions.

The sixth pair were quite hopeless. They didn't seem that confident nor did they seem very authorative. One of them asked if we had thrown the can away - as if we would tell him that! Then my partner received a text from a friend who lived just opposite where we had been stopped, saying "In trouble with the police? Tut tut!" He was allowed to read and answer this text! The reason his phone was out was because the policeman had asked him the time... it just gets worse. However, we had thrown the can away fairly obviously just down the road, so when one of them went to check (at which point we could have easily fled), she found it, and we were arrested.

2/6 times ain't bad. That said, if it hadn't been a faked crime, then the first two would have nabbed us once they discovered our alibi was false. And it wasn't really about whether they got us or not - it was about the procedure of the matter, and they did fairly well on that count.

[This message has been edited by Andalus (edited 08-10-2009 @ 09:38 AM).]

Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 08-11-09 04:41 PM EDT (US)     427 / 1865       
Come on, everyone we know believes something silly.
Absolutelly. My uncle think Chuck Norris killed Bruce Lee. He's been saying long before any of the jokes. I know someone else who think the moon landing was fake. I've even met some chick who takes Erich von Daniken seriously. All very nice and otherwise well adjusted folks.
They're pleasant people compared to the Anti Potters, aren't they?
Oh, anti Potter crap is tame. I give you:

Being the good believer he is that guy would never go against his beliefs and bear false witness against his neighbor...
Christ. It was rather obvious to me even as a child what Lewis was getting at.
I enjoyed the series, but it really was over emhpasized.
Some of the funnier real life examples I've met are those who do not allow their children to watch, listen to, discuss or read Harry Potter.
As we all know, HP is a very dividing series. There are those who think it is fantastic, there are those who don't. Everyone who has read it, however, agrees that it is above all a morality tale, with the power of love conquering all in the final book, as well as helping Harry out on the way. Despite any plot holes and writing issues we may have, I do believe that kids should read it (including myself, multiple times ) if only for that. The fact its got magic in it is neither here nor there, and John Paul II agreed with me
Meanwhile many complain about the witchcraft, many actual Wiccans and such complain that it's a missreprensentation of real life witchcraft/Occult! I never did bother with HP though.

Allays got me how most people against Potter and D&D tend to love LoTR.

Old Bachus, Napoleon of Spam turned half decent forumer
>>Winner of Most Improved AoMH Forumer '09<<
~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
>>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy

[This message has been edited by Old Bachus (edited 08-11-2009 @ 05:21 PM).]

Jax
HG Monument
(id: Jax Omen)
posted 08-12-09 04:11 AM EDT (US)     428 / 1865       
many actual Wiccans and such complain that it's a missreprensentation of real life witchcraft/Occult!
That's actually even funnier than claiming HP is a Corrupting Influence on Kids.

house won this
Bingo Little
Dúnadan
(id: Medusasson)
posted 08-12-09 05:20 AM EDT (US)     429 / 1865       
What's funny about the D&D thing is that Gary Gygrax, or however it's spelt, was a pretty hardcore Christian. He had a verse from Matthew as his email signature! And, yet, of course, he was obviously satanic hellspawn.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 08-12-09 06:33 AM EDT (US)     430 / 1865       
I don't see the link between D&D and satanic cults and the like

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Bingo Little
Dúnadan
posted 08-12-09 06:49 AM EDT (US)     431 / 1865       
IT TEACHES OUR KIDS TO DO MAGIC AND WORSHIP PAGAN GODS

That's all I've got on it.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
Andalus
Dúnadan
posted 08-12-09 09:31 AM EDT (US)     432 / 1865       
I feel ignored.
Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 08-12-09 12:00 PM EDT (US)     433 / 1865       
I don't see the link between D&D and satanic cults and the like
This is apparently why it's so bad.

I saw a vid on YouTube a while back (I haven't managed to find it) that claimed Diablo 2 was Satanic propaganda as well. Don't they know you have to kill the Devil?

~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
>>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy
A Banned User
posted 08-12-09 12:58 PM EDT (US)     434 / 1865       
I feel ignored.
Sadly HG is a place where talking about D+D gets priority over somebody whose been arrested.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant

1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
Bingo Little
Dúnadan
posted 08-12-09 02:59 PM EDT (US)     435 / 1865       
Actually, i've never even played D&D, just read too much order of the stick.

And actually, it was a super cool story!

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 08-12-09 06:02 PM EDT (US)     436 / 1865       
Neither have I. Don't know anyone who plays it either. 90% of what I "know" about it stems from regurgatated rumours against it. I play Diablo 1 and 2 all the time, that owes a lot to D&D.

I have fond memories used to play this little make pretend game with my friends when I was like eight. Where we'd walk in the woods with stick swords and trash can lid shields and battle trolls, evil sorcerors, and dragons, rescue damsels and such. We had a wizard, a dwarf, elf, and such, probably pretty D&Dish. Simple stuff like that isn't enough now that I'm older. Good times, good times.

Just read Andalus' story. Nice.

>>My work<<

Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 08-12-09 07:05 PM EDT (US)     437 / 1865       
Lol @ the comic again. Basically they think that people don't know the difference between a game and real life.

Me, I'm in three DnD games right now. Two are dying slowly and the other is waiting on a reply from GE.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
Bingo Little
Dúnadan
posted 08-13-09 08:11 AM EDT (US)     438 / 1865       
Well, I'm off on holiday for two weeks. Play nice, kids.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 08-13-09 11:29 AM EDT (US)     439 / 1865       
We'll miss you Bingo.
Lol @ the comic again. Basically they think that people don't know the difference between a game and real life.
I don't he know what real life is. Have you looked around on there. That dude thinks the Catholic Church created Islam and Communism and that RockN'Roll songs are record with witches casting spells that will turn listeners gay and/or vampires! I like to pretend it's not meant to be taken seriously. Sadly, it is.
Me, I'm in three DnD games right now. Two are dying slowly and the other is waiting on a reply from GE.
Where in the rulebooks, player's guides, or Dungeon Master's Manuals does it say when you'll learn reall magic?

What nice about Diablo 2 is it's only necessary if you're a Necromancer, Sorceress, or Druid. If you're an Assasin or Amazon it's optional. And if you're a Paledin or Barbarian you're safe.

>>My work<<

Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 08-15-09 03:41 PM EDT (US)     440 / 1865       
When does everyone go back to school? I have a measly three days of holiday left.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
Jax
HG Monument
posted 08-15-09 04:24 PM EDT (US)     441 / 1865       
I don't ^)

house won this
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 08-15-09 04:42 PM EDT (US)     442 / 1865       
I started school three weeks ago.

Also, Yahoo Buzz is abound with unintelligent Republican extremists. It's horrible. Just read this article from Yahoo Buzz, and then read the comics: http://buzz.yahoo.com/article/1mg:447d8b8f0df05677b07ac6a0741cca71/Bollywood-star- held-in-US-airport-fans-outraged

I mean, they act like being intelligent is a bad thing, the way they call Democrats intellectual and "elite", and it shows how unintelligent they are in these types of comments. Yeah, a Bollywood star who came to America for a celebration is actually here to help India conquer America so that we can become their colony... *rolls eyes*

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 08-15-09 05:15 PM EDT (US)     443 / 1865       
Like I said, this is why I would never assosciate with any party. Those were some truly bizarre comments being posted. Besides, how would they like it if some Hollywood star came to India and caused outrage?

Plenty Dems that post on AoL News are just as bad as most of the Reps that do as well. Like the ones who think anyone who criticizes Obama are just closet bigots when it's almost never the case and stuff like that. Right wings are just funnier.

Most people I know from either spectrum are pretty well adjusted. It's like some people have nothing better to do so post there stupid opinion on what's shaking with Jon & Kate or Belgium lowering the waffle tariff 0.12% and feel all big by starting an unchecked flame war with delusions people care what they have to say.

>>My work<<

[This message has been edited by Old Bachus (edited 08-15-2009 @ 05:32 PM).]

Jax
HG Monument
posted 08-15-09 05:56 PM EDT (US)     444 / 1865       
vote monster raving looney

house won this
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 08-17-09 05:02 AM EDT (US)     445 / 1865       
Damn straight.

Well, I'll be off shortly for two weeks- one in the south of England camping, the next week in Cornwall. I hope the weather holds out
Have a good holiday everyone, and good luck with anyone waiting for exam results.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Blatant
posted 08-17-09 12:04 PM EDT (US)     446 / 1865       
We'll miss you EoJ. Have a good time.

TBK145
Dúnadan
posted 08-18-09 05:34 AM EDT (US)     447 / 1865       
Reaching 500 posts before TBK makes first post here = Success... still.
I'm sorry. I couldn't resist ignoring this.

TBK_-_iDrug
"Because sometimes your posts seem to imply that you're a little high?" - RCM
"And sometimes "a little" is an understatement ;p ..." - Kyr
"I think TBK's subtly trying to tell us he does, but 'legally.' " - Norm
"Or maybe "slightly" illegal" - RCM
"Are you on drugs?" - Gamerrici
A Banned User
posted 08-18-09 07:23 AM EDT (US)     448 / 1865       
TBK YOUR ALIVE!!!

Good news guys, we may have lost a EoJ, but we've gained a TBK!
I'm sorry. I couldn't resist ignoring this.
So close

Blatant
posted 08-19-09 04:31 PM EDT (US)     449 / 1865       
So my first day of school sucked. I have literally one class with any of my friends, and I have a fair amount of friends. I'd like to make a formal request for all of you guys to transfer to my school and my classes. I'm just not sure who to make the request to.

Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 08-19-09 04:57 PM EDT (US)     450 / 1865       
The first day allways sucks.

>>My work<<

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 16 17 18 19 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 75  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames