You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Prancing Pony
Moderated by Sir Hugh, EnemyofJupitor, Atzy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.536 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Prancing Pony » The Moon Mafia - Game Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Moon Mafia - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 22  Next Page »
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 05-12-09 11:58 PM EDT (US)         

By the year 2020, it is expected that America will go back to the Moon, heralding a new phase for space exploration. It is believed that bases will be built on the Moon, and maybe eventually cities. There are even plans to terraform and colonize our neighboring planet, Mars. However, in the end, there will always be those opposed to such activities... those opposed to our colonization... of the last frontier...

Time: Day 5

Lynch: 3

Flight List

1. Ashie (ashgerms@yahoo.com)
2. FoO, Ltd. (friend_of_old@hotmail.co.uk)
3. Herr Rottiekins (brebuga4@gmail.com)
4. Young Heir (ritvikmats@gmail.com)
5. Driniano (kingdommusician@yahoo.com)

Deceased

1. King of Pits (Radical - Scum - Organization for the Proving of Conspiracy Theories (OPCT))
2. Bestest of Guestests (Patient Pro-Earth Activist - Iron Semi-Ghost Cult Leader - Cult)
3. Julioso (Flight Technical Director - Tracker/Air Supplier - Town)
4. Dudis (Flight Weapons - Restricted Vigilante - Town)
5. Jaxamundo (Conspiratorial Leader - Unconvertable Unstable Roleblocker Godfather - OPCT)
6. Bannedui (Anti-Luna Terrorist - Absorbing Day Serial Killer)
5. Blatantly Stupid (Radical - Scum - OPCT)

Mission Backup

1. EoJ
2. Catabre

Rules:

• Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary. Once is fine, though a mod will be asked to read your edit history. but if it happens multiple times, you may be mod-killed.
  • Do not reveal any information after your character has died.
  • This game is closed communication - talk within this thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Do not quote me!
  • Follow HG's CoC
  • During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name. Be sure to bold it!
  • If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote.

Special Mechanic:

Air

Everyone starts with 100% air. However, each night action reduces the amount of air they have by 20%, and each day decreases it by 20% as well. As their air supply decreases, so does the chance of their vote landing on the right person. Any night, you may choose to forgo your night action to instead increase the amount of air you have to 100%. When your air reaches 0%, you die.

My email: ash.win.13@hotmail.com

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!

[This message has been edited by Arvedui (edited 11-01-2009 @ 03:32 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Jax
HG Monument
(id: Jax Omen)
posted 05-23-09 05:35 AM EDT (US)     51 / 536       
Oh sorry - I took Young Heir to be a literal name

And it's because I asked about people who haven't been scum before - have you? The argument followed that anyone who hadn't played scum was more likely to bodge an attempted fake claim than someone like Rot or Julius. If we're going to go for a random claim it therefore makes sense to target someone with whom we are more likely to get results.
I'm not big on leaving people alone just because they're inactive, we'll never generate activity that way. I want prods and/or replacements.
If you actually want to go for a lurker hunt then you do have to be prepared to go all the way. If someone shows up only after 4 or 5 votes land on them, then to all intents and purposes they are lurking, which suggests they should be lynched. If someone doesn't show up, then obviously they should be lynched. Obviously the ideal is that either a prod will make said person show up, or a replacement can be found. However, as Rot said we aren't exactly in a situation where replacements are everywhere.

Inactive scum hurt their side more than inactive town hurt the town, and if someone is lurking then the longer they lurk the harder it is to defend themselves when we finally come down to lynching them (which we will). If TBG doesn't show up either today or tomorrow he is screwed, so for now I'd rather go for our second choice.

house won this
Herr Heir
Dúnadan
(id: Heir of Elessar)
posted 05-23-09 09:02 AM EDT (US)     52 / 536       
Oh sorry - I took Young Heir to be a literal name.
That's ok. I am relatively young in mafia playing terms to almost all the players in this game.
And it's because I asked about people who haven't been scum before - have you? The argument followed that anyone who hadn't played scum was more likely to bodge an attempted fake claim than someone like Rot or Julius. If we're going to go for a random claim it therefore makes sense to target someone with whom we are more likely to get results.
Yeah, I was scum in my first-ever game. Got murdered on the last night by an SK(Rot) who sacrificed himself so that town could win while taking me with himself. And I did botch my RC up pretty badly in that game(which was made under the guidance of Catabre, so no wonder ) and got counter-claimed. Didn't get lynched though!

So, do we vote for TBG now and see whether he's lurking or am I still the town's first target or we go for someone else?

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 05-23-09 09:17 AM EDT (US)     53 / 536       
You, because of this:
But it won't help town....
On Day 1 this sort of harbingering make me both curious and suspicious. Do you want me to vote for you or can I just say I want you to start talking?

Doctor FoO
Julius999
Imposter
posted 05-23-09 09:46 AM EDT (US)     54 / 536       
Inactive scum hurt their side more than inactive town hurt the town
I've never totally believed this. For one thing, the very fact that this statement exists makes appearing inactive a viable scum strategy, as it makes them low priority.

However, our only reason for going after TBG was to pressure an inexperienced player. This can just as easily be applied to Heir, so I can go with this.
And why would I be declared as weak? I've played around 5 games now, and I have yet to ever be lynched
How many times have you been scum and survived past Night 0? We're more interested in your experience as scum than experience in total.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
The Best Guest
Dúnadan
posted 05-23-09 08:50 PM EDT (US)     55 / 536       
Sorry guys the last pendragon book came out and i got the traveler prequel series with it too so Ive been reading up a storm but i finished them all.

SO yeah am i supposed to role-claim because it seems really early in the game though i will claim if i have to.

This is Not A Sig it is a Follow up to a Post
Revora Forums for all your modding needs
TBG (He is ever so slightly more awesome than everyone else for voting now isn't he?)-FOO
BSL Clan
"mods are actually fun girls!"-Jax
Ashrzr
Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
(id: normandy887)
posted 05-23-09 10:37 PM EDT (US)     56 / 536       
Sorry guys the last pendragon book came out and i got the traveler prequel series with it too so Ive been reading up a storm but i finished them all.
Time travel perhaps? I've been working on this hypothesis for ages.

"Cue gang-rape music!" - Rotaretilbo
"What the f*** is gang-rape music?" - Cheddar Chap
Dudis
Dúnadan
posted 05-24-09 00:00 AM EDT (US)     57 / 536       
Haha Pendragon, i used to think the was the best book series ever, now i know its super lame.

"Quotes are nothing but inspiration for the uninspired"
72% of people agree with me when I say 28% of people disagree with me.
"I'll remove the clit at the end" - Rotaretilbo
" I just snapped off my penis thinking it was a nk" - BeezleBub
"Im a transexual STFU" - Briguy
Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
(id: Brandon Rebuga)
posted 05-24-09 01:29 AM EDT (US)     58 / 536       
I've never totally believed this. For one thing, the very fact that this statement exists makes appearing inactive a viable scum strategy, as it makes them low priority.
Only at the beginning of the game when lurker hunts are barely viable anyway. We can press inactives later when we're sure they're inactive, or we can replace them.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
Herr Heir
Dúnadan
posted 05-24-09 01:31 AM EDT (US)     59 / 536       
So, I'm the lucky one then!

Well, here it is....

I'm Base Retrieval, a Governor and Politician. I can force someone to vote for someone by sending an action during the night. This then kicks in during the next day. I can target a person once only. I win with the town.

So, how does that help town except that it gives scum a free target for the night?

Also, now that we're done with me(hopefully ),
Vote: TBG

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

Julius999
Imposter
posted 05-24-09 05:48 AM EDT (US)     60 / 536       
Also, now that we're done with me(hopefully ),
No hurry. Just to make clear, is your action one shot throughout the entire game?

A Banned User
posted 05-24-09 09:44 AM EDT (US)     61 / 536       
I'm usually suspicious of people who roleclaim and then follow it up with a vote on somebody else. Makes it seem like their too eager for people not to concentrate on their roleclaim and wish to divert attention away to somebody else.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
Herr Heir
Dúnadan
posted 05-24-09 12:34 PM EDT (US)     62 / 536       
I'm usually suspicious of people who roleclaim and then follow it up with a vote on somebody else. Makes it seem like their too eager for people not to concentrate on their roleclaim and wish to divert attention away to somebody else.
You're fully entitled to your view. I thought my roleclaim cleared all doubts, so we could get on with the game. In case you have any, ask away.
No hurry. Just to make clear, is your action one shot throughout the entire game?
If 'one-shot' means that I can use my action only once on a player, then yes.

*Goes to Mafiawiki and searches*

I can use my action each night, but I can use it only once on a player. It cannot be used twice on the same player.

That clears your doubt?

Julius999
Imposter
posted 05-24-09 12:41 PM EDT (US)     63 / 536       
I can use my action each night, but I can use it only once on a player. It cannot be used twice on the same player.

That clears your doubt?
Ah, thanks.

Did you use it last night then? I know I would have in your position. At the very least you merely nab another townie's vote (at no overall cost to the town), and at best you deprive the scum of a vote. If you did use it on someone, please state who.

Also, I have one other question that I think is important. Can you tell us what level your air is at currently? I believe Arvy said you can ask this at any point.

Pit_King
Dúnadan
posted 05-24-09 08:31 PM EDT (US)     64 / 536       
I'm Base Retrieval, a Governor and Politician. I can force someone to vote for someone by sending an action during the night. This then kicks in during the next day. I can target a person once only.
Well that would be the politcian bit, what about governor? I suppose that means you can stop a lynch?

Life's a bitch because if it was a slut, it'd be too easy.

Herr Heir
Dúnadan
posted 05-24-09 11:36 PM EDT (US)     65 / 536       
Did you use it last night then? I know I would have in your position. At the very least you merely nab another townie's vote (at no overall cost to the town), and at best you deprive the scum of a vote. If you did use it on someone, please state who.
I did not. I had no idea who was scum and who was not and I didn't want to interfere with the votes for the present.. Your logic is quite persuasive though. I should've used it. But then there's the air mechanic too.
Also, I have one other question that I think is important. Can you tell us what level your air is at currently? I believe Arvy said you can ask this at any point.
My air is still at 100%, cause, as stated above, I didn't use my night action.
Well that would be the politician bit, what about governor? I suppose that means you can stop a lynch?
Yes, I think so.

*Goes to Mafiawiki again*

Yes, I should be able to do so. Is that power useful to town in general in any way?

Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
(id: Brandon Rebuga)
posted 05-25-09 04:17 AM EDT (US)     66 / 536       
I'm going to be away at youth camp from 5/25/09 until 5/29/09. If my absense will hurt the game, please feel free to replace me out.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
Julius999
Imposter
posted 05-25-09 06:55 AM EDT (US)     67 / 536       
Well, if there's a speedlynch against someone not particularly scummy, the Governor power can be invaluable.

I'm inclined to believe Heir, because his role fits well with the theme, and the powers are about as difficult to fake as any in mafia. He could potentially still have scum alignment, but that seems unlikely enough not to want to risk lynching a Governor/Politician.

I strongly suggest Heir takes someone's vote (whoever seems scummiest to him at the end of today) tonight, and so can demonstrate his power at the start of tomorrow.

Unvote(?), if I need to.

I suggest we look at TBG next.

Jax
HG Monument
posted 05-25-09 08:31 AM EDT (US)     68 / 536       
One small question would be whether the air mechanic interferes with the politician mechanic.

house won this
Herr Heir
Dúnadan
posted 05-25-09 10:54 AM EDT (US)     69 / 536       
One small question would be whether the air mechanic interferes with the politician mechanic.
As in? If you mean it in the sense that whether my air would get less with each night action and each day, then I believe it should.

Jax
HG Monument
posted 05-25-09 11:22 AM EDT (US)     70 / 536       
I meant more does you having less air interfere with your controlled vote at all (since less air = more chance of a random vote fall), or does the original owner of the votes air matter, or does it always work 100% of the time.

house won this
Herr Heir
Dúnadan
posted 05-25-09 12:24 PM EDT (US)     71 / 536       
I believe it works all the time. I'll ask the mod and confirm.

Herr Heir
Dúnadan
posted 05-26-09 00:07 AM EDT (US)     72 / 536       
The mod has confirmed. The air mechanic does not interfere with my night action.

Herr Heir
Dúnadan
posted 05-27-09 01:06 PM EDT (US)     73 / 536       
Well, looks like all activity has dropped out. So, I'll just reiterate on my vote....

Julius999
Imposter
posted 05-28-09 06:38 AM EDT (US)     74 / 536       
Can we have prods please, mod?

Unvote: (?)
if I haven't already.

Ashrzr
(id: normandy887)
posted 05-28-09 10:35 AM EDT (US)     75 / 536       
This reminds me very much of the formation of the Milky Way Galaxy. It took very long to form, just like this game.

Overtime, the globular clusters started somewhere inside the Galaxy, and has since been moving more and more outward. When the Galaxy started, we speculate there was a cloud twice as big as the halo today is, with a low density. Different parts of the cloud die off over time, and the broken off parts become dense enough and massive enough to hold themselves together, and they split off further to form stars. The gas itself contracts and starts to form a disk, causing the density to increase, as more and more stars form, and it finally settles into dust as a narrow layer, the halo. What the future holds for the Galaxy, most stars will die out if no new elements and gas are added, and the supermassive black hole will always remain, making the Galaxy a very dark, boring place.

"Cue gang-rape music!" - Rotaretilbo
"What the f*** is gang-rape music?" - Cheddar Chap
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 22  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames