You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Prancing Pony
Moderated by Sir Hugh, EnemyofJupitor, Atzy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.536 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Prancing Pony » The Moon Mafia - Game Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Moon Mafia - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 22  Next Page »
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 05-12-09 11:58 PM EDT (US)         

By the year 2020, it is expected that America will go back to the Moon, heralding a new phase for space exploration. It is believed that bases will be built on the Moon, and maybe eventually cities. There are even plans to terraform and colonize our neighboring planet, Mars. However, in the end, there will always be those opposed to such activities... those opposed to our colonization... of the last frontier...

Time: Day 5

Lynch: 3

Flight List

1. Ashie (ashgerms@yahoo.com)
2. FoO, Ltd. (friend_of_old@hotmail.co.uk)
3. Herr Rottiekins (brebuga4@gmail.com)
4. Young Heir (ritvikmats@gmail.com)
5. Driniano (kingdommusician@yahoo.com)

Deceased

1. King of Pits (Radical - Scum - Organization for the Proving of Conspiracy Theories (OPCT))
2. Bestest of Guestests (Patient Pro-Earth Activist - Iron Semi-Ghost Cult Leader - Cult)
3. Julioso (Flight Technical Director - Tracker/Air Supplier - Town)
4. Dudis (Flight Weapons - Restricted Vigilante - Town)
5. Jaxamundo (Conspiratorial Leader - Unconvertable Unstable Roleblocker Godfather - OPCT)
6. Bannedui (Anti-Luna Terrorist - Absorbing Day Serial Killer)
5. Blatantly Stupid (Radical - Scum - OPCT)

Mission Backup

1. EoJ
2. Catabre

Rules:

• Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary. Once is fine, though a mod will be asked to read your edit history. but if it happens multiple times, you may be mod-killed.
  • Do not reveal any information after your character has died.
  • This game is closed communication - talk within this thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Do not quote me!
  • Follow HG's CoC
  • During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name. Be sure to bold it!
  • If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote.

Special Mechanic:

Air

Everyone starts with 100% air. However, each night action reduces the amount of air they have by 20%, and each day decreases it by 20% as well. As their air supply decreases, so does the chance of their vote landing on the right person. Any night, you may choose to forgo your night action to instead increase the amount of air you have to 100%. When your air reaches 0%, you die.

My email: ash.win.13@hotmail.com

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!

[This message has been edited by Arvedui (edited 11-01-2009 @ 03:32 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
posted 05-18-09 01:32 AM EDT (US)     26 / 536       
However, can't we simply unvote then revote? Or are we not allowed to unvote in this game?
You are allowed to unvote, yes. But when you cast your first vote of the day, I use random.org to figure out if you will keep your vote for that day. Everytime you unvote, your vote will go to a new random person, but not to the person whom you wanted it to. So you effectively lose your vote for a whole day, and if all the townies don't care, of course, mafia could get a majority.

|
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
Jax
HG Monument
(id: Jax Omen)
posted 05-18-09 05:01 AM EDT (US)     27 / 536       
I believe random bandwagons usually falter against me because other people will come in and say that a random bandwagon against someone like myself or FoO, people who are very good at making false RCs, doesn't really benefit the town, because if we're town, a valuable player is outted, and if we're scum, we'll likely make a passable RC.
Which is what I said, then.

house won this
Herr Heir
Dúnadan
(id: Heir of Elessar)
posted 05-18-09 09:38 AM EDT (US)     28 / 536       
Yay! The game's started!

Anyways, Julius has kind of aroused my suspicions due to the fact that he's been claiming that he was targeted he there's no proof of that. Of course, he tends to be an automatic target for the scum since he's a good player, but he has no actual proof. In the light of that, claiming that he was targeted when there's no inkling of such a thing happening the write-up is suspicious.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
Jax
HG Monument
posted 05-18-09 10:50 AM EDT (US)     29 / 536       
As far as I'm aware not much of anything was mentioned in the writeup.

Vote: The Best Guest

I think I've asked a couple of times but nobody has rebutted that TBG doesn't play scum often. Plus he hasn't posted yet, so consider this a little prod-cum-vote.

house won this
A Banned User
Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
posted 05-18-09 11:27 AM EDT (US)     30 / 536       
Just to say I am here reading, but I can't find anything to useful to add at the moment. I should add though that we should be careful just pressuring somebody in the hope that they will just collapse under pressure as that doesn't nessersarily mean they are scum. As i've seen townies be pressured before and have done this before and end up getting themselves lynched. Like Catabre in Mansion. Twice.
However, like I said, there are other people who often illicit night 0 attention, such as myself, FoO, ABU, even Pit
Yes I remember that stage where I was always being killed night 0. Mainly by you Rot
I believe random bandwagons usually falter against me because other people will come in and say that a random bandwagon against someone like myself or FoO, people who are very good at making false RCs, doesn't really benefit the town, because if we're town, a valuable player is outted, and if we're scum, we'll likely make a passable RC.
Yet random votes against Arvy when he's scum always seem to work

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
Julius999
Imposter
posted 05-18-09 11:49 AM EDT (US)     31 / 536       
Didn't you argue the exact opposite in Mansion, where the inclusion of any poor arguments seemingly voided the whole of the argument?
Bear in mind I was scum that game.

I'm pretty sure I never said a single poor agrument voids the whole thing though. I have said however, that the sum of many poor arguments is still poor. But naturally the necessary quality of arguments varies, as in it's a lot lower at the very start of Day 1.
Anyways, Julius has kind of aroused my suspicions due to the fact that he's been claiming that he was targeted he there's no proof of that. Of course, he tends to be an automatic target for the scum since he's a good player, but he has no actual proof. In the light of that, claiming that he was targeted when there's no inkling of such a thing happening the write-up is suspicious.
I never said I had definitely been targetted. Just that it's quite a likely possibility. And frankly, if you never say anything without "actual proof" you'll say very little indeed.
As i've seen townies be pressured before and have done this before and end up getting themselves lynched.
This isn't really an excuse. All townies have to do is include all their role information, explain it clearly and not lie. Then just avoid making bogus arguments and you're fine.

Targetting TBG seems an acceptable idea to me. Any objections?

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
Member of Stormwind Studios
A Banned User
posted 05-19-09 01:20 PM EDT (US)     32 / 536       
This isn't really an excuse. All townies have to do is include all their role information, explain it clearly and not lie. Then just avoid making bogus arguments and you're fine.
I never said this was an excuse or hinted at it. I was saying this as a warning, I thought I was pretty clear on that.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
Julius999
Imposter
posted 05-19-09 02:20 PM EDT (US)     33 / 536       
Just saying that if anyone collapses under pressure, I want to lynch them. Not have people intervening saying that townies can also screw up, and we should spare them.

Any townies liable to screw up should take a look at this:
All townies have to do is include all their role information, explain it clearly and not lie. Then just avoid making bogus arguments and you're fine.

Dudis
Dúnadan
posted 05-20-09 02:47 AM EDT (US)     34 / 536       
i did that in lego mafia and it didnt work

"Quotes are nothing but inspiration for the uninspired"
72% of people agree with me when I say 28% of people disagree with me.
"I'll remove the clit at the end" - Rotaretilbo
" I just snapped off my penis thinking it was a nk" - BeezleBub
"Im a transexual STFU" - Briguy
Jax
HG Monument
posted 05-20-09 05:20 AM EDT (US)     35 / 536       
Why have half the players still not arrived?

house won this
Julius999
Imposter
posted 05-20-09 08:54 AM EDT (US)     36 / 536       
i did that in lego mafia and it didnt work
Actually you didn't, you left out the nexus part of your role.

Catabre
BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
posted 05-20-09 10:16 AM EDT (US)     37 / 536       
I'll replace an inactive for you Arvy.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
posted 05-20-09 06:18 PM EDT (US)     38 / 536       
Well, it's still only Day 1. I'll bump those who haven't posted, but beyond that, I'm not replacing anyone yet.

|
Dudis
Dúnadan
posted 05-21-09 02:54 AM EDT (US)     39 / 536       
It would defeat the purpose of it if i mentioned it!

"Quotes are nothing but inspiration for the uninspired"
72% of people agree with me when I say 28% of people disagree with me.
"I'll remove the clit at the end" - Rotaretilbo
" I just snapped off my penis thinking it was a nk" - BeezleBub
"Im a transexual STFU" - Briguy
Ashrzr
(id: normandy887)
posted 05-21-09 10:27 AM EDT (US)     40 / 536       
I just haven't had anything to say, considering the escape speed inside of a black hole is equal to the speed of light at the Schwarzschild radius. I theorize that a singularity exists at the "bottom" of a black hole where all matter consequently has a volume of 0, literally. It's still there, but it's volume is 0. What a paradox.

"Cue gang-rape music!" - Rotaretilbo
"What the f*** is gang-rape music?" - Cheddar Chap
Pit_King
Dúnadan
posted 05-21-09 03:03 PM EDT (US)     41 / 536       
cool. Anyways I'm on board with pressuring TBG since apparently no one else has a better suggestion and he is being quite inactive.

Life's a bitch because if it was a slut, it'd be too easy.

Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
posted 05-21-09 04:23 PM EDT (US)     42 / 536       
onsidering the escape speed inside of a black hole is equal to the speed of light at the Schwarzschild radius. I theorize that a singularity exists at the "bottom" of a black hole where all matter consequently has a volume of 0, literally. It's still there, but it's volume is 0. What a paradox.
Which is why Hawking postured that the matter never reaches the center. Outsiders looking in, and researchers as well, would see that the matter has disappeared but only because no light reaches them and, ergo, no information. For the matter, however, it is stretched to a point where instead of reaching the center of a black hole and being destroyed, it is essentially smeared onto the event horizon. Ergo, information is not lost in the black hole and, I believe, can be recovered once the black hole evaporates.

|

[This message has been edited by Arvedui (edited 05-21-2009 @ 04:26 PM).]

Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 05-21-09 04:43 PM EDT (US)     43 / 536       
Vote: The Best Guest.

Could he maybe be prodded?

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
Ashrzr
posted 05-21-09 04:47 PM EDT (US)     44 / 536       
Don't forget about white holes, Arvy, which of course stress the idea that black holes are "connected" to each other and when you enter one black hole it takes you to another across the galaxy or even universe.

Perhaps TBG has stumbled across one of these black holes?

Friend of Old
Resident Madman
posted 05-22-09 08:31 AM EDT (US)     45 / 536       
I think TBG's off somewhere as I haven't seen him post anywhere is a while. But then again, I'm hardly famed for paying attention.

Whilst I'm not saying he's a suitable target, maybe one a little more active at present may yeild more results, rather than waiting for TBG to show up?

Doctor FoO
Ashrzr
posted 05-22-09 10:34 AM EDT (US)     46 / 536       
Results on my study of the Crab Nebula? Inconclusive.

Jax
HG Monument
posted 05-22-09 02:10 PM EDT (US)     47 / 536       
Well the other person who was pointed out as a potentially weaker scum player was Heir, who isn't here either :/

house won this
Julius999
Imposter
posted 05-22-09 02:27 PM EDT (US)     48 / 536       
I'm not big on leaving people alone just because they're inactive, we'll never generate activity that way. I want prods and/or replacements.

Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
(id: Brandon Rebuga)
posted 05-22-09 02:32 PM EDT (US)     49 / 536       
It's too early to declare inactivity. That's why lurker hunts never work on Day 1. We can go back to TBG later. Heir has posted recently in this thread, so perhaps we should go after him.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
Herr Heir
Dúnadan
(id: Heir of Elessar)
posted 05-23-09 03:29 AM EDT (US)     50 / 536       
Why are we picking on me?

And why would I be declared as weak? I've played around 5 games now, and I have yet to ever be lynched(which is not to say that I want to start in this game ).

Also, if you still do want me to RC, I shall do so. But it won't help town....

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 22  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames