You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Prancing Pony
Moderated by Sir Hugh, EnemyofJupitor, Atzy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.536 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Prancing Pony » The Moon Mafia - Game Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Moon Mafia - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 17 18 19 20 21 ··· 22  Next Page »
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 05-12-09 11:58 PM EDT (US)         

By the year 2020, it is expected that America will go back to the Moon, heralding a new phase for space exploration. It is believed that bases will be built on the Moon, and maybe eventually cities. There are even plans to terraform and colonize our neighboring planet, Mars. However, in the end, there will always be those opposed to such activities... those opposed to our colonization... of the last frontier...

Time: Day 5

Lynch: 3

Flight List

1. Ashie (ashgerms@yahoo.com)
2. FoO, Ltd. (friend_of_old@hotmail.co.uk)
3. Herr Rottiekins (brebuga4@gmail.com)
4. Young Heir (ritvikmats@gmail.com)
5. Driniano (kingdommusician@yahoo.com)

Deceased

1. King of Pits (Radical - Scum - Organization for the Proving of Conspiracy Theories (OPCT))
2. Bestest of Guestests (Patient Pro-Earth Activist - Iron Semi-Ghost Cult Leader - Cult)
3. Julioso (Flight Technical Director - Tracker/Air Supplier - Town)
4. Dudis (Flight Weapons - Restricted Vigilante - Town)
5. Jaxamundo (Conspiratorial Leader - Unconvertable Unstable Roleblocker Godfather - OPCT)
6. Bannedui (Anti-Luna Terrorist - Absorbing Day Serial Killer)
5. Blatantly Stupid (Radical - Scum - OPCT)

Mission Backup

1. EoJ
2. Catabre

Rules:

• Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary. Once is fine, though a mod will be asked to read your edit history. but if it happens multiple times, you may be mod-killed.
  • Do not reveal any information after your character has died.
  • This game is closed communication - talk within this thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Do not quote me!
  • Follow HG's CoC
  • During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name. Be sure to bold it!
  • If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote.

Special Mechanic:

Air

Everyone starts with 100% air. However, each night action reduces the amount of air they have by 20%, and each day decreases it by 20% as well. As their air supply decreases, so does the chance of their vote landing on the right person. Any night, you may choose to forgo your night action to instead increase the amount of air you have to 100%. When your air reaches 0%, you die.

My email: ash.win.13@hotmail.com

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!

[This message has been edited by Arvedui (edited 11-01-2009 @ 03:32 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Peter Fallon
Dúnadan
(id: Xzyiothe)
posted 02-08-10 05:28 PM EDT (US)     451 / 536       
I like to think that I've been solid, as well, but looking back, I was pretty inactive at the beginning and completely missed out on the TBG lynch. I did push pretty hard to lynch Jax, though, and I am the only doctor. I don't know if I've mentioned it, but my actions were Julius (I'm pretty sure Julius tracked me on Night 0, which is why he theorized that I had tried to kill him the next day), Julius, refill air, FoO, FoO.
Self reflection doesn't really seem appropriate right now..
Drinian survived for some other reason.
Probably

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
Ashrzr
Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
(id: normandy887)
posted 02-08-10 09:29 PM EDT (US)     452 / 536       
The main thing that sticks out to me is the whole "I'm a lie detector, but oops, now I'm not, oh, and by the way, I never detected any lies worth noting."
Considering we're looking for a cultist right now, you have to admit that doesn't exactly incriminate me. If I were mafia, yes, because I would have to lie about my role and by not having been a useful lie detector (yes, I admit big fail) and losing my power (another fail) it would make sense that I was lying. But because the suspicion on me is that I'm a cultist, that doesn't hold anywhere near as much merit, because a cultist doesn't have to lie about his power. He already has it and his alignment simply changes.

"Cue gang-rape music!" - Rotaretilbo
"What the f*** is gang-rape music?" - Cheddar Chap
Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
(id: Brandon Rebuga)
posted 02-08-10 09:42 PM EDT (US)     453 / 536       
Yes, but imagine, for a moment, that the cult lose their powers when converted. In this instance, it makes perfect sense for you to lie, to some degree. Namely, you purposely reveal that you are a lie detector (to mask that you've already lost your powers) and you lie and say that you haven't used your power to do anything useful (to try and avoid confirming anyone).

If we assume the cult do not lose their ability when converted, then there's one cultist and he can't win (and he could be any of us, yes), and he should just be out with it so we can move on.

It is also possible that there is a single mafioso left, in which case you lying would, again, make sense. The reason I say this is because this is a twelve man game where the mafia has a faith killer and no other abilities of note, so it would be logical for the mafia to be larger than we normally expect to compensate for being so incredibly weak.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
Ashrzr
posted 02-09-10 11:14 AM EDT (US)     454 / 536       
Considering we've had a serial killer and a cult, and already 3 mafisos dead, I would have to doubt there's another one.

As for cultists losing their powers, I've only seen that in the TWH game, and I've been with cults several times. Roles with voting powers, yes, would need to be vanilla cultists. But a lie detector isn't exactly the most powerful role around.

I say that we no lynch, and let the cop investgate me, or possibly someone else. The cult leader is dead, the serial killer is dead, and the godfather is dead. There should be no consequences to a no lynch.

Ashrzr
posted 02-09-10 11:16 AM EDT (US)     455 / 536       
Powerful role around for scum.**

Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 02-09-10 11:00 PM EDT (US)     456 / 536       
Cultists losing their abilities is something I've encountered several times. Usually, it is used in small games or if the cult can convert mafioso or something like that.

And grouping scum together when deciding how powerful a mafia is doesn't make sense. In fact, based on how powerful the other scum have been (cult leader is iron faith ghost, SK is absorbing and doesn't have to contend with roleblocks and protection), it would make even more sense for the mafia to be powerful to compensate, because the mafia has to also defeat these scum groups. Having two vanilla goons and a killer who doesn't even kill half the time is certainly no match for any of the known factions.

And if the kill is inherited like I think it might, then a no lynch could prove bad for the town. FoO will either be killed or blocked (remember that I'll be refilling my air), and so the investigation of you would be null. Why do I think the kill is inherited, you ask? Note that, assuming Blatant never refilled his air, he still wouldn't have run out of air until after today was over, since he doesn't lose air at night, having no action, meaning he must have performed an action on Night 3 (the night after the godfather died) in order for him to have suffocated last night. This theory is further evidenced by the fact that FoO's investigation failed last night. Since Blatant was unable to perform the kill last night due to air, and was effectively dead, the remaining goon inherited the kill, and shot at FoO.

If we do not deal with this threat (you) now, FoO very well may die, and even if he doesn't, he will have nothing new to shed light on tomorrow.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
Ashrzr
posted 02-10-10 02:27 PM EDT (US)     457 / 536       
Well, Rot, if you think an Unconvertible Unstable Roleblocker Godfather and 3+ scum, an Iron Semi-Ghost Cult Leader, and an Absorbing Day Killer is balanced correctly, I don't know what to say. That puts it at:

Unconvertible Unstable Roleblocker Godfather
Goon
Goon
Goon

Iron Semi-Ghost Cult Leader

Absorbing Day Serial Killer

(6 scum)

6 townies

So, after Night 0, theoretically that would put Day 1 at:

Unconvertible Unstable Roleblocker Godfather
Goon
Goon
Goon

Iron Semi-Ghost Cult Leader
Cultist

Absorbing Day Serial Killer

(7 scum)

4 townies

Plus a serial killer that can try his hand at a daykill, and can also absorb a townie's air, increasing his chances of dying later on is imbalanced.

Ashrzr
posted 02-10-10 05:17 PM EDT (US)     458 / 536       
Sorry, was contesting for time before, but I must now add that on top of all that, there is the air mechanic that townies have to contend with.

Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 02-10-10 06:19 PM EDT (US)     459 / 536       
First of all, everyone has to deal with the air mechanic. In fact, we seem to have some relief from it, since our cop is air immune. Or have you already forgotten that Blatant suffocated last night?

I would then note that, after Night 0, there is a 50% chance that the mafia's kill fails and they just block someone, and there is also a 19% chance that the conversion hits either the godfather or serial killer and fails.

And, again, you are grouping scum. This isn't town vs scum, it is town vs mafia vs cult vs SK. So, let's assume the kill and conversion succeed, and that both are targeting town (note that the cult can convert mafia goons, as they are not unconvertable).

It goes from 4(1)v1(1)v1(1)v6(6) to 4(1)v2(1)v1(1)v4(4), where number of power roles is denoted in parenthesis. And if we then assume that the serial killer also hits town (which, now, is statistically less likely), then it is 4(1)v2(1)v1(1)v3(3). However, the town still controls the lynch, at this stage, because when it comes to lynching scum, it is 4v6, or 2v8, or 1v9. The cult won't side with the mafia, and vice versa.

The point being, the town is powerful because we have lots of power roles and some immunity to the air mechanic, the cult is powerful because this is a small game and because the cult leader is iron and faith ghost and because mafioso are convertable, and the SK is powerful because he doesn't have to contend with doctors or blocks and is absorbing. Everyone is powerful, except a three person mafia with a single faith kill between them.

I would also like to note that we might be looking for an ex-mafioso who is now cult, since goons are convertable in this game. And, in this case, you again show up as a primary suspect.

Ashrzr
posted 02-11-10 01:31 PM EDT (US)     460 / 536       
Or have you already forgotten that Blatant suffocated last night?
"Already"? Come on, it's been like 5 months.
I would then note that, after Night 0, there is a 50% chance that the mafia's kill fails and they just block someone, and there is also a 19% chance that the conversion hits either the godfather or serial killer and fails.
The roleblock can still be deadly considering townies have to spend at least half their actions trying to get air.
And, again, you are grouping scum. This isn't town vs scum, it is town vs mafia vs cult vs SK. So, let's assume the kill and conversion succeed, and that both are targeting town (note that the cult can convert mafia goons, as they are not unconvertable).
It's still important to group scum whenever you're concerning how hard the game is for the town. So, is three cults, each comprising of two members each, while balanced against each other, balanced against 5 townies, with a night 0 start?
It goes from 4(1)v1(1)v1(1)v6(6) to 4(1)v2(1)v1(1)v4(4), where number of power roles is denoted in parenthesis. And if we then assume that the serial killer also hits town (which, now, is statistically less likely), then it is 4(1)v2(1)v1(1)v3(3). However, the town still controls the lynch, at this stage, because when it comes to lynching scum, it is 4v6, or 2v8, or 1v9. The cult won't side with the mafia, and vice versa.
You didn't take into account the cult converting a townie, which is stastically more likely than converting scum (especially since the cult will want to convert claimed townies that are powerful) and thus it would have two power roles. When talking about the mafia, it all comes down to the numbers. If there are four mafia members, plus two other scum groups, against 6 townies with a Night 0 start, regardless of night actions that's just not good balance, in my opinion. It would be too easy for the town to dwindle in numbers.

You also have to think about the fact that the more mafia members you have, the more likely you are to be hit by the serial killer. So adding more members doesn't necessarily balance things out.
The point being, the town is powerful because we have lots of power roles and some immunity to the air mechanic, the cult is powerful because this is a small game and because the cult leader is iron and faith ghost and because mafioso are convertable, and the SK is powerful because he doesn't have to contend with doctors or blocks and is absorbing. Everyone is powerful, except a three person mafia with a single faith kill between them.
What if the kill/roleblock is inherited? That makes things easier for the mafia. If there really is another mafia member, then this is what I'm saying directly in action. There probably just isn't a chance for the town to win, with there being a good chance of a cultist with a power role running around and another mafia member with an inherited kill.
I would also like to note that we might be looking for an ex-mafioso who is now cult, since goons are convertable in this game.
How do you know for sure, unless I missed something? I think goons not being convertable is customary, which is why it doesn't say "Unconvertable Scum" or "Unconvertable Goon" in the OP.

Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 02-11-10 08:55 PM EDT (US)     461 / 536       
"Already"? Come on, it's been like 5 months.
Fair enough.
The roleblock can still be deadly considering townies have to spend at least half their actions trying to get air.
Deadly, but not as deadly as a kill, and certainly not as deadly when it can barely be used in a coordinated way.
It's still important to group scum whenever you're concerning how hard the game is for the town. So, is three cults, each comprising of two members each, while balanced against each other, balanced against 5 townies, with a night 0 start?
That depends on how powerful the town is and if the cults can convert each other. If they are, it is likely that cults will hit each other in a sort of tug-of-war for members, and if they aren't, they'll statistically hit each other and have failed conversions quite a bit. However, generally speaking, multiple cults in an eight person game isn't very balanced.
You didn't take into account the cult converting a townie, which is stastically more likely than converting scum (especially since the cult will want to convert claimed townies that are powerful) and thus it would have two power roles.
I did take into account the cult converting town (and I'd note that on Night 0, it can't convert claimed players, as no one has claimed), and I purposely did not denote a second power role because I am going on the concept that a cult that has an iron faith ghost leader that also retains power roles is over powered. Thus, the convert loses his power role and the cult remains at one power role.
When talking about the mafia, it all comes down to the numbers. If there are four mafia members, plus two other scum groups, against 6 townies with a Night 0 start, regardless of night actions that's just not good balance, in my opinion. It would be too easy for the town to dwindle in numbers.
And yet, many games have proven the opposite to be true. When multiple scum groups are present, scum are often more likely to hit other scum groups. This is because scum will try and appear as town by hunting other scum groups, and other scum groups will then try and shoot those hunting the hardest, which turns out to be other scum. But even if we assume that there is no cross-fire on Night 0, because the day will always present one scum group against all other players, the town remains in control and has a good chance of winning.
You also have to think about the fact that the more mafia members you have, the more likely you are to be hit by the serial killer. So adding more members doesn't necessarily balance things out.
You've contradicted yourself, now. On one hand, you're arguing that the addition of a fourth mafioso is so game changing that it completely destroys balance. On the other, you are arguing that a fourth mafioso is so insignificant that it isn't worth adding.
What if the kill/roleblock is inherited? That makes things easier for the mafia.
Only a little bit. Keep in mind that a mafia that cannot guarantee a kill every night is inherently weak, even if they inherit this faith kill.
If there really is another mafia member, then this is what I'm saying directly in action. There probably just isn't a chance for the town to win, with there being a good chance of a cultist with a power role running around and another mafia member with an inherited kill.
And so we should just lie down and die? We're pretty sure we know who the last mafioso is, and there is a lot of doubt about whether or not the cult actually has a power role. Not to mention that the last mafioso might also be the last cult.
How do you know for sure, unless I missed something? I think goons not being convertable is customary, which is why it doesn't say "Unconvertable Scum" or "Unconvertable Goon" in the OP.
It is customary that all mafia are unconvertable. However, Arvy has denoted Jax as unconvertable, but has not done so with any other mafioso. This leads me to believe that goons are convertable.

Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 02-11-10 09:27 PM EDT (US)     462 / 536       
*throws a bone*

All mafia are indeed unconvertable. I simply forgot to add that to their roles in the OP.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 02-11-10 09:52 PM EDT (US)     463 / 536       
Duly noted. So, let's look at our possibilities.

There is one mafioso and one convert left.

There is one mafioso left, but the night 0 conversion failed and so there are no converts to speak of.

The mafioso are all dead, but there is one convert left.

Now, if a mafioso is left, Ashrzr is our most likely candidate, and if the cult loses their powers (which is less likely now that we know mafioso are unconvertable, but still somewhat likely), then Ashrzr is our most likely candidate as well. I say this because his claim reeks of half-truth. Because it is possible that a mafioso with a kill is alive, no lynch is not a viable option. Thus, unless someone has a better idea, I propose that we lynch Ashrzr.

Herr Heir
Dúnadan
(id: Heir of Elessar)
posted 02-12-10 03:04 PM EDT (US)     464 / 536       
Fine.

Unvote
Vote: Ashrzr

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
Ashrzr
posted 02-12-10 03:17 PM EDT (US)     465 / 536       
Seriously, Heir? Are you going with Rot because he's Rot, because you want the game to end, or because you agree with Rot that 6 scum versus 6 townies with a night start is balanced? I hope it's not any of those, but it has to be one, so which is it?

Just think about it. Who has been excessively pushy to get someone lynched? Rot. Who is saying there are 4 mafiaso, which would be imbalanced, and saying I'm one of them? Rot. Just think about it. Really, I'm tired of getting into a debate with someone, and making more sense than the opponent, but getting lynched because the standers-by are getting tired and siding with the more experienced player. At the risk of sounding like a sore-loser, I may consider quitting mafia if I'm lynched here. I'm tired of dealing with a non-thinking town both as a host and player. No wonder so many experienced players have quit. Sheesh.

Plus, Heir, that's it? I'm not trying to sound like a dick but don't just go "Fair enough", vote for the less experienced player, and call it a day.

Ill respond to your post later, rot, don't have time now. Though, like always, it may be in vain.

Ashrzr
posted 02-12-10 03:24 PM EDT (US)     466 / 536       
Rot, I do have a better idea: a no lynch. The only qualm you had with that, if I recall, is that the mafiaso left would try to roleblock or kill FoO/whoever. I've shown why a fourth mafioso isn't viable. Arvy's validation that they are unconvertable, helping out balance on their part, supports my argument.

Why else don't you want a no lynch? You're afraid to be investigated or narrowed down to being scum?

Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 02-12-10 04:05 PM EDT (US)     467 / 536       
Seriously, Heir? Are you going with Rot because he's Rot, because you want the game to end, or because you agree with Rot that 6 scum versus 6 townies with a night start is balanced? I hope it's not any of those, but it has to be one, so which is it?
I would assume he's going with me because you have the worst claim of all of us.
Just think about it. Who has been excessively pushy to get someone lynched? Rot.
Not anyone, though. You, specifically. Scum don't care who is lynched, as long as their faction isn't. And, frankly, were I scum, why push a lynch on the one player (assuming you're town) who is absolutely worthless to the town, power-wise? Wouldn't it have made more sense to push a lynch on Drinian/Xzyiothe, who we knew was inactive, based on FoO's failed result? If I were scum and knew Drinian to be town, that was a huge opportunity that I completely ignored, even when others were looking at it, to push the lynch on someone claiming to essentially be a vanilla towny.
Who is saying there are 4 mafiaso, which would be imbalanced, and saying I'm one of them? Rot.
Rather, I am saying that the possibility that four mafioso should be considered, especially considering FoO's failed investigation last night, and that if there are four mafioso, you are likely one. Conversely, you are saying that there cannot be four mafioso, and thus we should ignore the fact that your claim screams of scum.

And I maintain that 6 scum of various factions vs 6 town is balanced. In fact, I can probably find games I've hosted where the setup was almost exactly that. Order of the Stick Mafia, for example, featured 6 town vs 7 scum (2 mafias and an SK), and the town won after only suffering one casualty, because of scum crossfire.
Just think about it. Really, I'm tired of getting into a debate with someone, and making more sense than the opponent, but getting lynched because the standers-by are getting tired and siding with the more experienced player.
Well you shouldn't be so tired, because you aren't making more sense. You have yet to really address the heart of the issue. Your claim is poor, and of all the possibilities, the only one in which that doesn't make you look scummy is if we assume there isn't a mafia left and the cult players retain their abilities. In this instance, anyone could be scum, and so we are left with no real leads.
At the risk of sounding like a sore-loser, I may consider quitting mafia if I'm lynched here. I'm tired of dealing with a non-thinking town both as a host and player. No wonder so many experienced players have quit. Sheesh.
While I understand the sentiment, I think you're just too caught up in things, right now. The town is comprised of three other people, only one of whom has expressed support of my plan, and you have yet to offer a feasible plan, other than a no lynch, which isn't really helpful to us right now.
Plus, Heir, that's it? I'm not trying to sound like a dick but don't just go "Fair enough", vote for the less experienced player, and call it a day.
I will admit, Heir's post is lacking. I'd at least expect him to express why he agrees with me. My plan may be better than Ashrzr, but it isn't so obvious that everyone will immediately go with it.
Ill respond to your post later, rot, don't have time now. Though, like always, it may be in vain.
Righto.
Rot, I do have a better idea: a no lynch. The only qualm you had with that, if I recall, is that the mafiaso left would try to roleblock or kill FoO/whoever. I've shown why a fourth mafioso isn't viable. Arvy's validation that they are unconvertable, helping out balance on their part, supports my argument.
A fourth mafioso is viable enough that I have serious qualms about a no lynch. The fact that FoO/ABU's investigation failed last night only heightens these qualms.
Why else don't you want a no lynch? You're afraid to be investigated or narrowed down to being scum?
Actually, FoO already investigated me on Night 1 (that is, after TBG was dead), and I came up innocent (which is to say, the only way I'm scum is if there is a fourth mafioso and its me), but no, I have no reservations about being investigated again. My reservations are that the investigations might not matter, and because I'll be busy refilling my air, I won't be able to protect ABU.

Herr Heir
Dúnadan
posted 02-13-10 01:37 AM EDT (US)     468 / 536       
I'd like to apologize to Ashrzr. I indeed voted without consideration because I'd grown bored of the game and thought no one else really cared about it too. I'll have to read back a page or so and then I'll post again, giving my thoughts on all of this.

Give me, err.., 3 hours or so.

In the meanwhile, Unvote

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

Herr Heir
Dúnadan
posted 02-13-10 02:08 AM EDT (US)     469 / 536       
Fine. I've bypassed the last 20 posts, because I don't have time, but from what I've read so far, this from Xzy's claim sticks out at me.
I can block active abilities
That would clearly explain the failed investigation if Drinian blocked FoO. Also, all of his other actions have been on people dead by then, so he could've picked up references to those actions from the thread as there's no way to prove that they actually happened. If he's outright bluffing, we've got no way to disprove him. Or he could just be plain unlucky.

At this point, I'm pretty inclined to believe that Xzy/Drinian is most likely cult. I propose we lynch him and go into night. Even if one of us townies dies tonight, we can lynch Ashrzr tomorrow and town wins the game, even if one of us doesn't.

So, what say? Does my plan sound viable?

Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 02-13-10 01:16 PM EDT (US)     470 / 536       
There's one problem with your argument, Heir. Xzy is reliant on air too. Now, take note. On Night 3, Drinian finds a bloody knife on ABU. In the write-up for Night 3, Drinian comes to all of us and tells us about the evidence he found suggesting ABU is a terrorist. It fits with what Xzy is saying now. However, because of air limitations, if Drinian investigated ABU on Night 3, he would have been too busy refilling his air on Night 4 to block FoO. So unless Drinian/Xzy have some sort of air immunity their not telling us, then Xzy couldn't be responsible for the block on FoO.

Herr Heir
Dúnadan
posted 02-13-10 03:24 PM EDT (US)     471 / 536       
I assume we have only his word for this?

Yes, checking back, there is no mention in the write-up of Drinian getting anything from Banned. We have this information only because Drinian told us so. And considering Blatant's reaction after Drinian voted him...

Vote: Xzy

Cause this time, I'm sold on my plan.

Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 02-13-10 04:34 PM EDT (US)     472 / 536       
Actually, you're right. I'm rereading it again, and in the write-up, Drinian finds evidence of the OPCT conspiracy, not ABU. If we assume that he used his actions normally, he would still be refilling air on night 4, but if he abstained or refilled his air abnormally at all, then he could be responsible for the block on FoO.

So, I guess it is possible that Xzy is cult who has retained his abilities and blocked FoO last night...but I just can't help but suspect Ashrzr, and if there is a mafioso, he's a higher priority than a lone cultist who can't convert.

Peter Fallon
Dúnadan
(id: Xzyiothe)
posted 02-14-10 01:01 AM EDT (US)     473 / 536       
There's probably a fourth mafia. In which case that is probably Ashrzr. We could no lynch, and it would probably guarantee a result. But if anyone is going to die it might as well be someone suspicious.

How Heir believes I'm some roleblocking cult is laughable. It's accepted that only the mafia would be roleblocking. So to make a connection between cult and roleblock, you're basically going to have to say I'm telling the truth as to my role and that I somehow didn't lose my powers. Which contradicts this:
I assume we have only his word for this?
Even without self contradictory conclusions, this assumes I've kept my powers therefore probably can't convert. I still have two powers where I can get results from to eliminate who could be scum which would help the town regardless of alignment.

Vote: Ashrzr

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 02-14-10 01:18 PM EDT (US)     474 / 536       
Tonight, if you use an investigative role and provide a result that you couldn't have known without investigating, that will be proof that you didn't block FoO, as if you did, you'd need to refill your air tonight.

So, right now, we're somewhat divided. Xzy and I are suspicious of Ashrzr, and Heir (and Ashrzr, I assume) are suspicious of Xzy. Since I don't have a vote, you guys will need to reach a unanimous decision in order to lynch someone. If ABU would pop up and give his two cents, that'd be great.

Herr Heir
Dúnadan
posted 02-15-10 02:16 PM EDT (US)     475 / 536       
Where did I label you as cult, Xzy? You could very well be roleblocking mafia too.

As for the results thingy, isn't it obvious who he's going to target, Rot? He'll (apparently) target Ashrzr and say that Ashrzr is scum. This is, of course, assuming Xzy himself is scum. But even if he's town, he can hardly put his neck on the line knowing that he's the next most suspicious person after Ashrzr.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 17 18 19 20 21 ··· 22  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames