You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Prancing Pony
Moderated by Sir Hugh, EnemyofJupitor, Atzy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.536 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Prancing Pony » The Moon Mafia - Game Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Moon Mafia - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 16 17 18 19 20 ··· 22  Next Page »
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 05-12-09 11:58 PM EDT (US)         

By the year 2020, it is expected that America will go back to the Moon, heralding a new phase for space exploration. It is believed that bases will be built on the Moon, and maybe eventually cities. There are even plans to terraform and colonize our neighboring planet, Mars. However, in the end, there will always be those opposed to such activities... those opposed to our colonization... of the last frontier...

Time: Day 5

Lynch: 3

Flight List

1. Ashie (ashgerms@yahoo.com)
2. FoO, Ltd. (friend_of_old@hotmail.co.uk)
3. Herr Rottiekins (brebuga4@gmail.com)
4. Young Heir (ritvikmats@gmail.com)
5. Driniano (kingdommusician@yahoo.com)

Deceased

1. King of Pits (Radical - Scum - Organization for the Proving of Conspiracy Theories (OPCT))
2. Bestest of Guestests (Patient Pro-Earth Activist - Iron Semi-Ghost Cult Leader - Cult)
3. Julioso (Flight Technical Director - Tracker/Air Supplier - Town)
4. Dudis (Flight Weapons - Restricted Vigilante - Town)
5. Jaxamundo (Conspiratorial Leader - Unconvertable Unstable Roleblocker Godfather - OPCT)
6. Bannedui (Anti-Luna Terrorist - Absorbing Day Serial Killer)
5. Blatantly Stupid (Radical - Scum - OPCT)

Mission Backup

1. EoJ
2. Catabre

Rules:

• Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary. Once is fine, though a mod will be asked to read your edit history. but if it happens multiple times, you may be mod-killed.
  • Do not reveal any information after your character has died.
  • This game is closed communication - talk within this thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Do not quote me!
  • Follow HG's CoC
  • During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name. Be sure to bold it!
  • If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote.

Special Mechanic:

Air

Everyone starts with 100% air. However, each night action reduces the amount of air they have by 20%, and each day decreases it by 20% as well. As their air supply decreases, so does the chance of their vote landing on the right person. Any night, you may choose to forgo your night action to instead increase the amount of air you have to 100%. When your air reaches 0%, you die.

My email: ash.win.13@hotmail.com

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!

[This message has been edited by Arvedui (edited 11-01-2009 @ 03:32 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
(id: Brandon Rebuga)
posted 01-20-10 03:07 PM EDT (US)     426 / 536       
I just have to say, why would an investigation fail on Drinian mean I'm scum?
I'm basically disregarded the investigation, and between you and Drinian, I suspect you more, based on your claim as an extremely useful role that you utilized to basically do nothing at all.
Since when do investigations on town fail? There's already a roleblocker Godfather dead, I doubt there's two scum roleblockers in this game, and why in my right mind would I roleblock FoO if I were a town roleblocker?
Unless the mafia Masochist is inherited like a kill. Perhaps Blatant tried to off FoO last night, but instead he just blocked him. It would make sense, since otherwise the mafia would be particularly underpowered.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
Ashrzr
Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
(id: normandy887)
posted 01-21-10 03:46 PM EDT (US)     427 / 536       
Well, like I said, I've done all I can do to defend myself. GG.

"Cue gang-rape music!" - Rotaretilbo
"What the f*** is gang-rape music?" - Cheddar Chap
Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 01-21-10 09:00 PM EDT (US)     428 / 536       
I didn't try to do anything last night, after I was informed that I had suffocated and died of cancer simultaneously.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 01-22-10 01:07 AM EDT (US)     429 / 536       
Oh, right. Forgot about that.

Well...I don't have any answers for why FoO's ABU's investigation failed, but I still think that in the absence of any evidence, a lynch on Ashrzr is best, for all of the reasons I outlined before the game froze.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
Herr Heir
Dúnadan
(id: Heir of Elessar)
posted 01-24-10 03:00 AM EDT (US)     430 / 536       
I know this might not be the right way, but if there's only one of you scum left, please own up, cause there's no way you can win the game. Atleast let the the remaining townies win...

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
Blatant
posted 01-24-10 01:21 PM EDT (US)     431 / 536       
I think it's Rot, personally.

Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 01-24-10 02:17 PM EDT (US)     432 / 536       
Firstly, Blatant, I am teh doctor. Bow before me!

Secondly, Blatant, you are dead. No moar talky.

Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 01-24-10 02:18 PM EDT (US)     433 / 536       
Oh, and can we get prods on Drinian? I don't think he knows the game has started. We may want to consider replacing him, as I haven't really seen Drinian around of late anyway.

Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
posted 01-24-10 06:16 PM EDT (US)     434 / 536       
Who's really eager to replace?

|
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
Blatant
posted 01-24-10 06:39 PM EDT (US)     435 / 536       
I'll do it!

Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 01-24-10 10:20 PM EDT (US)     436 / 536       
I believe Xzyiothe expressed his desire to replace in?

Peter Fallon
Dúnadan
(id: Xzyiothe)
posted 01-25-10 02:57 AM EDT (US)     437 / 536       
I'll replace only if I don't have to read up, because I was ignored when I asked if I could replace Arvy eight months ago.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 01-25-10 03:04 AM EDT (US)     438 / 536       
The hard part about replacing a host is that there are lots of conditions that the players may not know about that only Arvy could tell you (and were he active enough to do so, he probably wouldn't need replacing ).

Ashrzr
posted 01-25-10 02:32 PM EDT (US)     439 / 536       
Can we please just lynch Drinian? Like Heir said, there's no way the scum could win, so if Drinian is town you can lynch me tomorrow, or possibly vig me tonight.

Peter Fallon
Dúnadan
posted 01-25-10 03:32 PM EDT (US)     440 / 536       
You're pretty eager to lynch him considering you're DIRTY SCUM.

Just a preemptive strike guys.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 01-30-10 00:01 AM EDT (US)     441 / 536       
So, um, Arvy...you still there?

Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
posted 02-07-10 03:34 AM EDT (US)     442 / 536       
Oy vey. Well, xzy has his role email. Let's try to end this quick, guys.

|
Peter Fallon
Dúnadan
posted 02-07-10 07:10 AM EDT (US)     443 / 536       
Right. So you guys want a claim?

.. I should really read up, just by based on what I know this seems pretty ridiculous.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 02-07-10 06:02 PM EDT (US)     444 / 536       
Go ahead and give us a claim.

Ashrzr
posted 02-07-10 10:17 PM EDT (US)     445 / 536       
gaghasffffffffffffffffffffssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Peter Fallon
Dúnadan
posted 02-08-10 06:19 AM EDT (US)     446 / 536       
Right. I got confused when I first read my role, and I thought I Drinian had something on Jax, which could have contributed to his lynch (hence why this process would be ridiculous).

I'm the Flight Captain. I can block active abilities, protect someone, discern alignment, see who targeted who, see who someone targeted, take on object from someone, or see someone's role after they die all once in the game. Basically, I'm an über JoaT. I'm restricted in the sense that I'm more like alternating, 'cause I don't see any other restriction besides that.

Night 0 I did nothing
Night 1 Julius targeted jax [watch]
Night 2 Air
Night 3 Took a bloody knife from DIRTY SCUM Banned
Night 4 Air

/paraphrased

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
Ashrzr
posted 02-08-10 10:38 AM EDT (US)     447 / 536       
It looks like we're dealing with a cultist. Which could unfortunately be anybody.

I am NOT going to lose this game. I want a claims list, pronto. I'm the new captain around here.

Peter Fallon
Dúnadan
posted 02-08-10 01:56 PM EDT (US)     448 / 536       
If you plan on leading the town you should probably get off your ass and do it yourself.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
Ashrzr
posted 02-08-10 02:48 PM EDT (US)     449 / 536       
NO. Hmph.

Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 02-08-10 02:59 PM EDT (US)     450 / 536       
One list of claims, coming right up.

Town
Julius999: Flight Technical Director - Tracker Air Supplier (Confirmed)
Dudis: Flight Weapons - Restricted Vigilante (Confirmed)

Unknown
Ashrzr: Base Emergency - Lie Detector Vanilla Towny (Unconfirmed)
Friend of Old A Banned User: Base Communications - Cop (Unconfirmed)
Rotaretilbo: Flight Surgeon - Doctor (Unconfirmed)
Heir of Elessar: Base Retrieval - Governor Politician (Unconfirmed)
Drinian Xzyiothe: Flight Captain - Jack of Epic Trades (Unconfirmed)

Scum
A Banned User: Anti-Luna Terrorist - Absorbing Day Serial Killer (Confirmed)
Jax: Conspiratorial Leader - Mafia Unconvertable Unstable Roleblocker Hitman (Confirmed)
Blatant7: Radical - Mafia Goon (Confirmed)
Pit_King: Radical - Mafia Goon (Confirmed)
The Best Guest: Patient Pro-Earth Activist - Cult Iron Faith Ghost Converter (Confirmed)

I must admit, in retrospect, the fact that we've only lost two townies is quite awesome. We are almost certainly on the very cusp of victory. Now, let me break down each of the claims so far.

Ashrzr: Base Emergency - Lie Detector Vanilla Towny
The main thing that sticks out to me is the whole "I'm a lie detector, but oops, now I'm not, oh, and by the way, I never detected any lies worth noting."

Friend of Old A Banned User: Base Communications - Cop
Our only cop, and a major contributer to the death of the mafia's godfather, FoOhas been pretty solid.

Rotaretilbo: Flight Surgeon - Doctor
I like to think that I've been solid, as well, but looking back, I was pretty inactive at the beginning and completely missed out on the TBG lynch. I did push pretty hard to lynch Jax, though, and I am the only doctor. I don't know if I've mentioned it, but my actions were Julius (I'm pretty sure Julius tracked me on Night 0, which is why he theorized that I had tried to kill him the next day), Julius, refill air, FoO, FoO.

Heir of Elessar: Base Retrieval - Governor Politician
Heir claimed very early, and he claimed two roles that can be proven. If he's scum, he's stupid and rather lucky we didn't ask him to prove it.

Drinian Xzyiothe: Flight Captain - Jack of Epic Trades
Drinian's role makes sense to me, and I'd also note that the mafia took a shot at him. I think the only thing that sticks out to me is this: on Night 1, when Drinian apparently watched Jax and got a result back, he was also targeted, presumably by Jax, for a kill. The kill, however, failed, which could mean that Jax actually blocked Drinian rather than kill. If this is the case, then Drinian should not have gotten a result. However, as there was no kill on Night 0, I'm going to assume that the kill failing in this way does not appear in the write-up, and so Drinian survived for some other reason.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 16 17 18 19 20 ··· 22  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames