You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Prancing Pony
Moderated by Sir Hugh, EnemyofJupitor, Atzy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.536 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Prancing Pony » The Moon Mafia - Game Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Moon Mafia - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 15 16 17 18 19 ··· 22  Next Page »
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 05-12-09 11:58 PM EDT (US)         

By the year 2020, it is expected that America will go back to the Moon, heralding a new phase for space exploration. It is believed that bases will be built on the Moon, and maybe eventually cities. There are even plans to terraform and colonize our neighboring planet, Mars. However, in the end, there will always be those opposed to such activities... those opposed to our colonization... of the last frontier...

Time: Day 5

Lynch: 3

Flight List

1. Ashie (ashgerms@yahoo.com)
2. FoO, Ltd. (friend_of_old@hotmail.co.uk)
3. Herr Rottiekins (brebuga4@gmail.com)
4. Young Heir (ritvikmats@gmail.com)
5. Driniano (kingdommusician@yahoo.com)

Deceased

1. King of Pits (Radical - Scum - Organization for the Proving of Conspiracy Theories (OPCT))
2. Bestest of Guestests (Patient Pro-Earth Activist - Iron Semi-Ghost Cult Leader - Cult)
3. Julioso (Flight Technical Director - Tracker/Air Supplier - Town)
4. Dudis (Flight Weapons - Restricted Vigilante - Town)
5. Jaxamundo (Conspiratorial Leader - Unconvertable Unstable Roleblocker Godfather - OPCT)
6. Bannedui (Anti-Luna Terrorist - Absorbing Day Serial Killer)
5. Blatantly Stupid (Radical - Scum - OPCT)

Mission Backup

1. EoJ
2. Catabre

Rules:

• Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary. Once is fine, though a mod will be asked to read your edit history. but if it happens multiple times, you may be mod-killed.
  • Do not reveal any information after your character has died.
  • This game is closed communication - talk within this thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Do not quote me!
  • Follow HG's CoC
  • During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name. Be sure to bold it!
  • If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote.

Special Mechanic:

Air

Everyone starts with 100% air. However, each night action reduces the amount of air they have by 20%, and each day decreases it by 20% as well. As their air supply decreases, so does the chance of their vote landing on the right person. Any night, you may choose to forgo your night action to instead increase the amount of air you have to 100%. When your air reaches 0%, you die.

My email: ash.win.13@hotmail.com

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!

[This message has been edited by Arvedui (edited 11-01-2009 @ 03:32 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
(id: Brandon Rebuga)
posted 11-06-09 02:21 AM EDT (US)     401 / 536       
A tough decision. If I ask for death at the end of the day, then it will take you eons to put up that day post for the extra work...but if I ask for death at the end of the night, then it will take you eons to put up that night post for the extra work.

I'm not liking either option. Maybe you should just amend the system and allow for players to choose to hold their breath and refill their air (but not use any other action) for free in the event that they run out of air at the end of the day (which is, after all, the only possibility once Julius is dead).

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
posted 11-06-09 02:33 AM EDT (US)     402 / 536       
Or they could fill up their air...

Your air is 0% at the end of the day. You don't survive into the night. The end.

|
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
Ashrzr
Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
(id: normandy887)
posted 11-06-09 09:39 AM EDT (US)     403 / 536       
Maybe you should just amend the system and allow for players to choose to hold their breath and refill their air (but not use any other action)
I think that makes the most sense.

I don't have to refill air so I've never had to worry about this.

"Cue gang-rape music!" - Rotaretilbo
"What the f*** is gang-rape music?" - Cheddar Chap
Drinian
Savage Norseman
(id: TimmySpok)
posted 11-06-09 10:35 AM EDT (US)     404 / 536       
We're waiting for some night results now, too, so could we prod those that have not posted today?

Dagorhir Battlegames-- A full contact medieval combat battle game

Varangia-- A viking unit in the Aratari chapter of Dagorhir

Winner-- OD Idol 2009
Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 11-06-09 03:29 PM EDT (US)     405 / 536       
My main concern right now is that if FoO doesn't show up, I doubt we can round up enough votes to lynch, since my vote probably won't work so well with me at 20% air.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
A Banned User
posted 11-06-09 06:48 PM EDT (US)     406 / 536       
I'll replace for the easy victory.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 01-17-10 03:48 AM EDT (US)     407 / 536       
This is a bump to remind people that this mafia exists.

I would also note that I spoke to Blatant, and he reminded you that he was out of air, having run out the day before, and so he essentially chose to run out of air. So you can't hide behind "well I did it to Blatant who didn't have a choice so I have to do it to you" Arvy.

Here's what I propose. You let me refill my air now, but my vote still doesn't count today (I'm pretty sure it doesn't count, or else I wouldn't be lamenting about how we need FoO to achieve a majority), and I forgo my action tonight, since it wouldn't be fair to forgo my action last night since I now know that there was no kill attempt on FoO, but still lose 20% air as if I had used an action. I think this is fair. I am punished for not keeping better track of my air, but I am not punished by death because you failed as a mod to provide suitable warning and because the mechanic has some design flaws involving being overly complex leading it to be misleading.

Meanwhile, we prod FoO, and consider replacing him.
-In the event that he has a guilty on someone, we lynch that person.
-In the event that he has an innocent on Drinian or Heir, we lynch Ashrzr (my previous posts seem to be full of my suspicion of him).
-In the event that he has an innocent on Ashrzr, we lynch Drinian (it's been ages since I reviewed the claims, so this part of the plan is up in the air, but I seem to recall Heir as definitely being town?).

NomadicNoodle
Dúnadan
posted 01-17-10 03:52 AM EDT (US)     408 / 536       
I'd be happy to replace FoO.
A Banned User
posted 01-17-10 08:41 AM EDT (US)     409 / 536       
I said I'd replace in two months ago

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant

1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
posted 01-17-10 03:22 PM EDT (US)     410 / 536       
I shall send FoO's crap to Banned then. Just don't inhale next to it.

|
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
posted 01-17-10 03:31 PM EDT (US)     411 / 536       
Confirm here, Banned.

|
Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 01-17-10 05:01 PM EDT (US)     412 / 536       
To be fair, you also disappeared for two months, ABU.

Peter Fallon
Dúnadan
(id: Xzyiothe)
posted 01-17-10 08:21 PM EDT (US)     413 / 536       
I believe I also expressed interest in replacing Arvy

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
Herr Heir
Dúnadan
(id: Heir of Elessar)
posted 01-18-10 03:42 AM EDT (US)     414 / 536       
Yay! We're off again! Lets hope we can end it this time.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
A Banned User
posted 01-19-10 12:57 PM EDT (US)     415 / 536       
Confirmed

Last night FoO investigated Drinian and the investigation failed.

A Banned User
posted 01-19-10 12:57 PM EDT (US)     416 / 536       
To be fair, you also disappeared for two months, ABU.
You just don't forget anything do you

Ashrzr
posted 01-19-10 02:26 PM EDT (US)     417 / 536       
That's as anticlimactic as [insert movie here].

A Banned User
posted 01-19-10 04:02 PM EDT (US)     418 / 536       
No Country For Old Men?

Herr Heir
Dúnadan
(id: Heir of Elessar)
posted 01-19-10 04:42 PM EDT (US)     419 / 536       
Right, back on track then. Any reason for that investigation failure, Drinian?

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
posted 01-19-10 04:51 PM EDT (US)     420 / 536       
No Country For Old Men?
Hated it.

|
Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 01-19-10 06:58 PM EDT (US)     421 / 536       
Arvy, I'm awaiting response on my proposal.

Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
posted 01-19-10 08:50 PM EDT (US)     422 / 536       
Here's what I propose. You let me refill my air now, but my vote still doesn't count today (I'm pretty sure it doesn't count, or else I wouldn't be lamenting about how we need FoO to achieve a majority), and I forgo my action tonight, since it wouldn't be fair to forgo my action last night since I now know that there was no kill attempt on FoO, but still lose 20% air as if I had used an action. I think this is fair. I am punished for not keeping better track of my air, but I am not punished by death because you failed as a mod to provide suitable warning and because the mechanic has some design flaws involving being overly complex leading it to be misleading.
Basically I forgot to mention when someone dies, so it's not at all overly complex, but whatever. You can refill your air tonight.

|
Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 01-19-10 09:15 PM EDT (US)     423 / 536       
Yayz!

Alright, so failed investigation on Drinian. As far as I'm concerned, that equates to

Unvote
Vote: Ashrzr

Pretty sure my vote means nothing, but I'm casting it anyway.

Ashrzr
posted 01-20-10 09:22 AM EDT (US)     424 / 536       
No Country For Old Men?
Good one!

There's not really anything I can do. You guys can lynch me, I'll say this will probably be a scum win in that case, which won't do a thing. Good game.

I just have to say, why would an investigation fail on Drinian mean I'm scum? Since when do investigations on town fail? There's already a roleblocker Godfather dead, I doubt there's two scum roleblockers in this game, and why in my right mind would I roleblock FoO if I were a town roleblocker?

Ashrzr
posted 01-20-10 09:25 AM EDT (US)     425 / 536       
There's already a roleblocker Godfather dead, I doubt there's two scum roleblockers in this game, and why in my right mind would I roleblock FoO if I were a town roleblocker?
To elaborate on this:

That would have to mean two things;

**Drinian is an invisible scum
**A scum roleblocker blocked FoO

One scum roleblocker is already dead so it's not likely I'm also one, or there would likely be some balance issues. Also, I've never in my life seen an Invisible Townie nor do I see a point in it, which leaves Drinian as invisible scum. So there's either that, or a town roleblocker blocked FoO (which wouldn't make sense at this stage when we as a town have been relying on FoO.) Therefore, I think it makes more sense to say Drinian is invisible scum than it does to say I'm scum just because an investigation on Drinian failed.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 15 16 17 18 19 ··· 22  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames