You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Prancing Pony
Moderated by Sir Hugh, EnemyofJupitor, Atzy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.536 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Prancing Pony » The Moon Mafia - Game Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Moon Mafia - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 14 15 16 17 18 ··· 22  Next Page »
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 05-12-09 11:58 PM EDT (US)         

By the year 2020, it is expected that America will go back to the Moon, heralding a new phase for space exploration. It is believed that bases will be built on the Moon, and maybe eventually cities. There are even plans to terraform and colonize our neighboring planet, Mars. However, in the end, there will always be those opposed to such activities... those opposed to our colonization... of the last frontier...

Time: Day 5

Lynch: 3

Flight List

1. Ashie (ashgerms@yahoo.com)
2. FoO, Ltd. (friend_of_old@hotmail.co.uk)
3. Herr Rottiekins (brebuga4@gmail.com)
4. Young Heir (ritvikmats@gmail.com)
5. Driniano (kingdommusician@yahoo.com)

Deceased

1. King of Pits (Radical - Scum - Organization for the Proving of Conspiracy Theories (OPCT))
2. Bestest of Guestests (Patient Pro-Earth Activist - Iron Semi-Ghost Cult Leader - Cult)
3. Julioso (Flight Technical Director - Tracker/Air Supplier - Town)
4. Dudis (Flight Weapons - Restricted Vigilante - Town)
5. Jaxamundo (Conspiratorial Leader - Unconvertable Unstable Roleblocker Godfather - OPCT)
6. Bannedui (Anti-Luna Terrorist - Absorbing Day Serial Killer)
5. Blatantly Stupid (Radical - Scum - OPCT)

Mission Backup

1. EoJ
2. Catabre

Rules:

• Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary. Once is fine, though a mod will be asked to read your edit history. but if it happens multiple times, you may be mod-killed.
  • Do not reveal any information after your character has died.
  • This game is closed communication - talk within this thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Do not quote me!
  • Follow HG's CoC
  • During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name. Be sure to bold it!
  • If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote.

Special Mechanic:

Air

Everyone starts with 100% air. However, each night action reduces the amount of air they have by 20%, and each day decreases it by 20% as well. As their air supply decreases, so does the chance of their vote landing on the right person. Any night, you may choose to forgo your night action to instead increase the amount of air you have to 100%. When your air reaches 0%, you die.

My email: ash.win.13@hotmail.com

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!

[This message has been edited by Arvedui (edited 11-01-2009 @ 03:32 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
(id: Brandon Rebuga)
posted 10-25-09 03:08 AM EDT (US)     376 / 536       
I spoke with Arvy at the LAN fest we had today (technically yesterday), and he said that the write-up is pretty much ready to go, but he has an essay to write. He promised me a write-up within a week. Considering I picked him up and dropped him off, he knows full well that his life depends on that write-up being here within a week.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 10-29-09 11:38 PM EDT (US)     377 / 536       
The week is slipping by, Arvy. Just two more days, and I work on Saturday, so I'll be in your neighborhood anyway.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
Ashrzr
Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
(id: normandy887)
posted 10-31-09 10:30 PM EDT (US)     378 / 536       
If I haven't sent in an action yet, lie detect Rot's statement that you just had to write an essay then you could start day.

"Cue gang-rape music!" - Rotaretilbo
"What the f*** is gang-rape music?" - Cheddar Chap
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
posted 11-01-09 03:31 AM EDT (US)     379 / 536       
"And there it is..."

Drinian smiled. The base was there, perfectly fine.

"Everyone, out of the LRVs!" cried Rot. He eyed Blatant carefully. All seemed fine.

"A few more steps and we can breath proper air again and get out of our tanks, eh?" said Drinian as they approached the door.

"Yeah, I gue-" started Blatant.

He stopped.

He convulsed.

He flailed.

He hit Rot in the head, knocking him over.

He narrowly missed Drinian.

He started clutching his chest.

He was unconscious.

"What the hell..." started Rot, before Blatant convulsed again.

"He ran out of air a few steps from the door..." said Drinian.

The two looked at each other before scrambling for the door, leaving Blatant's cold, lifeless body outside.

Blatant (Radical - Scum - OPCT) is dead.
It is Day 5.
*laughs as I think of who will run out of air at the end of this day, not be able to do a night action, and die come tomorrow*

|
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
posted 11-01-09 03:34 AM EDT (US)     380 / 536       
As promised. I'll send out a mass prod.

Since this mafia is close to over, I think I'll bother to update on time from now on, too.

*heads over to Risk*

|
Herr Heir
Dúnadan
(id: Heir of Elessar)
posted 11-01-09 08:07 AM EDT (US)     381 / 536       
So, its one amongst Drinian, Rot and Ash.

Got any results for us FoO?

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
Ashrzr
posted 11-01-09 10:05 AM EDT (US)     382 / 536       
I'm the only one who hasn't claimed yet...

Oh wait a minute, I revealed I'm a lie detector. So I'm not anymore. But yeah, I'm Base Emergency. I never run out of air.

Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 11-02-09 03:50 AM EDT (US)     383 / 536       
I don't believe I've claimed, either.

I'm the Flight Surgeon, a doctor.

Not only do I protect from kills, but I can keep a player alive if they run out of air.

Needless to say, I've been protecting FoO since he claimed (don't recall who I protected before then, but I can check if you'd like). I also protected FoO last night with the hopes of the mafia assuming the doctor would be refilling on air. Looks like it wasn't necessary. Seems our scum have been defanged.

Anyway, I eagerly await FoO's results, though I have my suspicions (aren't lie detectors not allowed to reveal such, and further, didn't we ask if there was anyone else besides FoO who was not affected by air restrictions?).

Drinian
Savage Norseman
(id: TimmySpok)
posted 11-02-09 11:14 AM EDT (US)     384 / 536       
Heir-- how do we know you are clean?

Ash-- do you have any results?

Dagorhir Battlegames-- A full contact medieval combat battle game

Varangia-- A viking unit in the Aratari chapter of Dagorhir

Winner-- OD Idol 2009
Ashrzr
posted 11-02-09 11:05 PM EDT (US)     385 / 536       
To be honest I can't remember and am too lazy to go through the emails, I think I checked Heir's claim and it was true, not much help. I think every other night I didn't send in an action.

Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 11-03-09 00:09 AM EDT (US)     386 / 536       
Pretty useless for a lie detector, if you ask me. Ironic that you can reveal your powers and results, making you extremely useful, and then you never use them at all except once.

Ashrzr
posted 11-03-09 02:18 PM EDT (US)     387 / 536       
I can't reveal my powers though. I lost it since I said I'm a lie detector. I've been taking this game less seriously than even Arvy has, mainly because he hasn't been.

Ashrzr
posted 11-03-09 02:20 PM EDT (US)     388 / 536       
There hasn't really been anything to lie detect, as we've been taking care of scum thus far in the game, without the need of one, and if I were to lie detect someone, there wouldn't be a point anyway taking that into consideration, because then the possibility would come up that I am one if I said "I know someone's scum" or something to that nature. It doesn't help that I've been banned over the course of the game, and the host hasn't been consistent at all.

Ashrzr
posted 11-03-09 02:27 PM EDT (US)     389 / 536       
Yeah, I looked back through my emails -- the only thing I lie-detected was Heir's claim as Base Retrieval which was a truth. He said "Well, I got a name called Base Retrieval."

If you look through the game, Dudis claimed, we lynched him. I couldn't lie detect that. Julius died that night I think. Otherwise, people who have died have been scum. I could've lie detected Drinian's claim, however, and I do take fault for that, and this game would've probably been won by now if I'd done that, but I think when the previous night, after that claim, had passed, was when I was banned.

Ashrzr
posted 11-03-09 02:28 PM EDT (US)     390 / 536       
Sorry for quadruple post, I just realized, I may have done some more lie detections over MSN, I'll ask Arvy.

Drinian
Savage Norseman
posted 11-03-09 11:13 PM EDT (US)     391 / 536       
BTW I refilled air last night.

Winner-- OD Idol 2009
Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 11-04-09 05:00 PM EDT (US)     392 / 536       
Alright, so...

Town

Julius999: Flight Technical Director - Tracker Air Supplier (Confirmed)
Dudis: Flight Weapons - Restricted Vigilante (Confirmed)

Unknown
Ashrzr: Base Emergency - Lie Detector (Unconfirmed)
Friend of Old: Base Communications - Cop (Confirmed)
Rotaretilbo: Flight Surgeon - Doctor (Unconfirmed)
Heir of Elessar: Base Retrieval - Governor Politician (Unconfirmed)
Drinian: Flight Captain - Restricted Jack of All Trades (Unconfirmed)

Scum
A Banned User: Anti-Luna Terrorist - Serial Absorbing Assassin (Confirmed)
Jax: Conspiratorial Leader - Mafia Unconvertable Unstable Roleblocker Hitman (Confirmed)
Blatant7: Radical - Mafia Goon (Confirmed)
Pit_King: Radical - Mafia Goon (Confirmed)
The Best Guest: Patient Pro-Earth Activist - Cult Iron Faith Ghost Converter (Confirmed)

I'm trying to recall if Heir claimed to be immune to air restrictions or not, since the rest of the Base players appear to be. His was one of the stable votes yesterday, so I suppose it could be true.

I still get this really weird vibe from Ashrzr. Claims as a lie detector with no regard for losing his power, which he pretty much never used despite it's amazing ability to help the town, and his role as Base "Emergency" just doesn't sit well with me. Just seems out of place.

Though, if FoO would show up with his investigation from last night, I'd really appreciate it.

Also, I think I'm the one who is going to die tonight because of air. I didn't realize that I had to have at least 20% air at the start of night in order to refill my air. Figured I could, you know, hold my breath or something. If anyone has a buddy line or something that can keep me alive, I'd appreciate it. I may not be as useful now that there are no killers (seems like kinda a waste that I protected FoO last night to try and trick a mafia that had no kill...), but I'd still like to live.

Ashrzr
posted 11-05-09 10:51 AM EDT (US)     393 / 536       
So it either comes down to Drinian or Rot. FoO better hurry with those results.

Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 11-05-09 04:29 PM EDT (US)     394 / 536       
I didn't see why it is either myself or Drinian. I'm the doctor. You're a lie detector whose behavior doesn't really add up. I'd say its between you and Drinian, frankly (if you're scum, Heir if probably town, despite your lying, because there is likely only one scum left).

Ashrzr
posted 11-05-09 04:33 PM EDT (US)     395 / 536       
I look really scummy right now. That sucks.

Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 11-05-09 05:44 PM EDT (US)     396 / 536       
No, what sucks is that because of vagueness concerning the air mechanic (it would be WAY more clear if Arvy just said you have to refill your air every other night rather than this whole percent thing), I die tonight. Who would have thought that you need 20% air in order to refill your air. You'd think people trained on air rigs would know how to hold their breath for the five seconds it takes to hook yourself up to a new air hose...apparently not.

Drinian
Savage Norseman
posted 11-05-09 06:27 PM EDT (US)     397 / 536       
That indeed sucks. I object strongly to that air mechanic.

Winner-- OD Idol 2009
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
posted 11-05-09 06:37 PM EDT (US)     398 / 536       
Fine. I can just go ahead and kill him when this day ends instead, since it reaches 0% at the end of this day.

|
Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
posted 11-05-09 09:23 PM EDT (US)     399 / 536       
Not that killing me when day ends makes any difference to killing me at the end of night, since I can't even use an action that night anyway.

Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
posted 11-06-09 01:57 AM EDT (US)     400 / 536       
I realize it doesn't make any difference - just saves me some work at the end of day. But if you'd prefer a death at the end of this day instead, sure.

|
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 14 15 16 17 18 ··· 22  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames