You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Prancing Pony
Moderated by Sir Hugh, EnemyofJupitor, Atzy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.218 replies, Sticky
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Prancing Pony » BFME2H Official Mafia Calendar
Bottom
Topic Subject:BFME2H Official Mafia Calendar
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 9  Next Page »
Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
(id: Brandon Rebuga)
posted 07-21-08 07:47 PM EDT (US)         
This is our Mafia Calender. We use this to
schedule and maintain order in all of these online forum
games. YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF MAFIA??? CLICK HERE!

Current Moderators:

* Rotaretilbo *
Aeneas2
MR ANCALAGON
Filmdirector 2
Pulkit
EnemyofJupitor
Tarquinius
steace43
Blood Phoenix
MightyFireball
Atzy
Alex
Jax
Arvedui
Catabre
GoSailing
Nacht Jaeger
Calenraug
A Banned User
Ashrzr
Friend of Old
Blatant7
The Best Guest
Ninja Jedi

* Head moderator

These are the people who host the games. They have the
important role of making the games fun. If you would like
to host a mafia, post your ideas in the thread below. You
must meet the criteria of participating in at least 2 games
(games at any Heaven count towards this requirement).

Mafia Queue
There are two lines - one for people wanting to run full mafia games (no restrictions) and one for people running Mini-Mafia. Mini Mafia has a maximum of 12 players.

Full Size Games Queue
  • Return of the King Mafia - Friend of Old
  • Prince Caspian Mafia - Nacht Jaeger
  • Wheel of Time Mafia - Calenraug
  • Al Capone Mafia - A Banned User
  • ???? Mafia - Alex
  • Pulp Fiction Mafia - Ashrzr
  • Eagle Mafia - EnemyofJupitor
  • Arvedui Mafia - Arvedui
  • BfME2H Mafia - Catabre

Mini Mafia Queue
  • Silmarillion Mafia - Jax
  • Lego Star Wars Mafia - Catabre
  • Dwarven Warfare Mafia - The Best Guest
  • No Country For Old Men Mafia - Ashrzr and A Banned User
  • ???? Mafia - Blatant7
  • Pokemon Mafia - Ninja Jedi
  • ???? Mafia - A Banned User

Game Ideas

On Probation

Complete games

Incomplete games:

Hall of Fame
  • Rotaretilbo: 4
  • Arvedui: 3
  • Friend of Old: 3
  • A Banned User: 2
  • Culverin: 2
  • EnemyofJupitor: 2
  • GoSailing: 2
  • Hnossa: 2
  • MightyFireball: 2
  • Sir Hugh: 2
  • The Reduszebrus: 2
  • Aeneas2: 1
  • Ashrzr: 1
  • Blatant7: 1
  • Catabre: 1
  • GandalfDaGraay: 1
  • Kester: 1
  • Mr Master Chief: 1
  • Nacht Jaeger: 1
  • Pulkit: 1
  • Smeagolfan24: 1
  • The Cheese Man: 1
  • The Wanderer: 1
  • TimmySpok: 1

Operational Policy
  • There can never be two or more active Mafia signup threads at the same time.

• The next person in line can't start their game until the current game is over or the moderator of the current game grants his permission in this thread.

• A moderator can, at any time, choose to move back an indefinite number of spaces in the queue if they don't want to run their game yet.

• If a moderator feels that there is a demand for a new Mafia game not being met by the moderator whose turn is next, he may declare intent to skip to the top of the queue to fill the void. However, this declaration must stand for a week without any progress from the other moderator before it can be acted upon.

• If a moderator is at the top of his queue, and he does not show any signs of starting his game, a period of one week will be allowed to elapse, then he will be moved down one rank, and the next person will have an opportunity to go.

• Moderators may only be in each queue once at any one time. They are granted additional spots for supportive cohosting.

• If the primary host of a mafia backs out, the game is removed from the queue, regardless of the presence of a supportive cohost. However, if one of two equal cohosts backs out, the other can maintain the spot on the queue, if they so choose.

• The moderator is a god. If the moderator makes a mistake, it is your mistake, so inform him that he might correct it for you.

• Moderators may choose to allow users otherwise probated to participate in their mafias.

• Use this thread to propose Mafia games to be run. They do not have to be moderated by you, you can suggest games for others to run. If a moderator so chooses, that moderator can host the theme. When this occurs, the theme will be crossed out of the suggestion area and placed in the queue.

Because this is a very "long term" thread, it may expire. You should look for a moderator to top the thread if that happens - email them about it.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    "I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
    "OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon

[This message has been edited by Rotaretilbo (edited 03-09-2013 @ 03:48 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Arvedui
    Messiah of Fail
    (id: ashwin13)
    posted 09-04-08 04:06 PM EDT (US)     51 / 218       
    The old mafia calendar was wrong.

*carts Banned off to the Ministry of Love*

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
    |
    "I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
    "Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
    And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
    A Banned User
    Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
    posted 09-04-08 04:25 PM EDT (US)     52 / 218       
    No it's not! You signed up for a Da Vinci mafia which later you changed to LOTR, then Rot signed up for a ??? mafia, AND THEN Sails signed up for a ??? mafia. Followed by Nacht Jaeger signing up for a LoTR mafia and you three all screamed no at him! Theres no sign of Foo! FOO NEVER SIGNED UP FOR A MAFIA! This is a conspiracy!

I fight for the people, and I demand the truth!

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
    "I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
    1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)

[This message has been edited by A Banned User (edited 09-04-2008 @ 04:26 PM).]

Blatant
    DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
    (id: blatant7)
    posted 09-04-08 05:16 PM EDT (US)     53 / 218       
    And I remember someone specifically telling me that Arvy was hosting FOTR, Rot with TTT, and Sails with ROTK.
    I DEMAND ANSWERS!!!

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
    But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
    Arvedui
    Messiah of Fail
    posted 09-04-08 05:37 PM EDT (US)     54 / 218       
    There was no Sails. He is an unperson. Similarly, there was no Da Vinci Code Mafia, merely a figment of your imaginations. It has always been me, Rot, and FoO.

|
    And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
    Atzy
    Redshirt
    (id: uberjedi)
    posted 09-04-08 06:00 PM EDT (US)     55 / 218       
    You know, the top five moderators (besides Rot of course) haven't visited or participated at this heaven in months...why are they on the list?

Feed the birds
    A Banned User
    posted 09-04-08 06:02 PM EDT (US)     56 / 218       
    Arvy the truth would be nice please

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant

1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)

[This message has been edited by A Banned User (edited 09-04-2008 @ 06:02 PM).]

Arvedui
    Messiah of Fail
    posted 09-04-08 06:06 PM EDT (US)     57 / 218       
    @Atzy: The moderator list is basically anyone who has ever hosted a game at a heaven where Rot controls the Mafia.

@ABU: You know the truth. I know the truth. Do not deny it. Get on MSN.

|
    Rotaretilbo
    Dúnadan
    posted 09-04-08 08:21 PM EDT (US)     58 / 218       
    Anyone who has hosted a mafia here is considered a "moderator" for mafia here. That is to say, if Blood Phoenix suddenly showed up and signed up for a mafia here, I'd first check this heaven's current moderators, and then the other heavens I control. If he wasn't on either, then I would check to see if he met the two game requirement. However, he has hosted here, so I wouldn't need to, even if he actually hasn't met that requirement, he'd be grandfathered in.

And Arvy, we don't control the past. I convinced Sails to sign up for the RotK Mafia back when we first were doing it, but he later wished to back out, so Arvy and I were forced to find a new host. We then used a loophole (since I technically control the rules) to put him in. I made a minor change to the rules, instated FoO as a cohost of RotK, then pulled Sails off, making FoO the full host, then changed the rules back. I was really reluctant to do this, but the rule I modified slightly was put in place so users couldn't be declared cohosts, then have the other host drop, and then have the new host change the theme to basically bypass people in line, but since the theme wasn't being changing, I felt that it was an acceptable move.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    Arvedui
    Messiah of Fail
    posted 09-04-08 09:06 PM EDT (US)     59 / 218       
    Rot, Rot, Rot. You were NOT supposed to reveal that we cheated! Oh, what will they say now? We will be disgraced, shamed, outcasts! I can already hear the screams of the mob, the feel of their stones, their unruly fist coming down upon me! Flee, flee for your lives!

|
    Blatant
    posted 09-04-08 09:12 PM EDT (US)     60 / 218       
    *Screams*

Rotaretilbo
    Dúnadan
    posted 09-04-08 10:01 PM EDT (US)     61 / 218       
    As far as I'm concerned, we didn't cheat. The rule that we technically broke doing this was put in place to stop an entirely different thing. I would know, because I wrote the rule.

Arvedui
    Messiah of Fail
    posted 09-04-08 11:29 PM EDT (US)     62 / 218       
    For the record, someone was *supposed* to post saying that they raise their staff and hit me in the stomach and back.

|
    Atzy
    Redshirt
    (id: uberjedi)
    posted 09-05-08 00:04 AM EDT (US)     63 / 218       
    Rot is seizing power! Spreading his influence across the network, ignoring criticism, exploiting loopholes, sacrificing his accomplices to the mob!

I will be happy to lead a bloody coup in order to seize control of what has become a corrupt and stagnant leadership.

Feed the birds
    Arvedui
    Messiah of Fail
    posted 09-05-08 00:06 AM EDT (US)     64 / 218       
    I am considering joining Atzy. Rot, I suggest you joi- wait, Atzy? YOU'RE BACK!

|
    Rotaretilbo
    Dúnadan
    posted 09-05-08 00:35 AM EDT (US)     65 / 218       
    Atzy, you are no match for my power. My master plan is already in affect! First, I take control of one Heaven's mafia calendar. Then, another. Soon, I will control all the Heavens! And then, I will kidnap Zen and force him to unarchive EH! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU CAN'T STOP ME!

A Banned User
    posted 09-05-08 09:56 AM EDT (US)     66 / 218       
    Wow my private investigation skills rock !

And I'm not that bothered if you switched hosts since your all so much in love with your idea and want it to happen, though I think you really should have told everyone you were doing this as I don't think that many people would actually care that much.. Especially as your the calender moderater Rot, I think you should have at least told everyone what you were doing not trying to lie to us and then hide it hoping we wouldn't notice. Because I am smarter than I seem! But I can clearly see this was about 95% Arvys plan !

Oh and yeah you should apoligise to Nacht btw. As he had a ROTK mafia he'd have loved to host, and he was going to do it here and you all stopped him, and since he was the correct one after Rots TTT if Sails dropped out you should have asked him if he'd want to do his, which i'm sure he'd have loved to. Even giving him the plans with what you came upw ith and then giving them to him and try and let him include them in his, instead of slyly sneaking FoO in. I'm not saying you should let Nacht host it, I can understand fully why you wanted FoO, but you should at leats apoligise to him.

Honest questions. Was the main reason, Rot, you took control of the mafia calendar here, was so you can put this new plan in effect?

Last question, seeing as FoO in reality has skipped about 5 places ahead in the queue, which i'm sure everyone knows is unfair, especially us who have been skipped over. And as much as I love you FoO. It would probably then be only fair to give a penalty once he's finished ROTK mafia. The sanction should be he must wait once the 5 games he skipped over, have been completed, before he can sign up for another full mafia here? I'm sure this is hardly FoOs fault as i'm sure you two (Arvy, Rot) persuaded him to do it, but it's obvious this is one of the fairest actions that can be taken?

But if we can agree with that, and get some honest answers, and an apology to everyone but mainly to Nacht, it can then be agreed that FoO's ROTK stands, and we can forget this whole affair and get on with some Mafia?!

Never thought i'd be a voice of reasoning !

Nacht Jaeger
    Dúnadan
    (id: RCM7525)
    posted 09-05-08 10:44 AM EDT (US)     67 / 218       
    Just looked at this. Weird, I thought it was Sails who was hosting.

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
    Rotaretilbo
    Dúnadan
    posted 09-05-08 03:48 PM EDT (US)     68 / 218       
    Nacht signed up for his RotK Mafia here because he saw Arvy's FotR. We told him it would be best if he didn't because we knew we were already planning one, so he moved RotK to another Heaven (EEH, last I recall). To be quite honest, I'd forgotten this when the issue came up.

As for FoO, normally, the penalty for skipping ahead would be that any mafias he had on the current queue would go bye bye until he finished hosting, but since he didn't have anything on the queue...I guess what you said was fair.

Oh, and as for my secret plan...erm...*amnesia dust*

[This message has been edited by Rotaretilbo (edited 09-05-2008 @ 04:07 PM).]

Friend of Old
    Resident Madman
    posted 09-05-08 05:15 PM EDT (US)     69 / 218       
    *puts on DUSTTM Gas Mask*

Hang on a second? Why are you all suddenly baying for my blood, it isn't exactly what you'd call me jumping the queue. First of all I'm not truely hosting my own mafia, I'm hosting Arvy's. I don't normally do theme games, I've been told to tone down my usual craziness and I now have to go and read LotR on top of everything else. Second I didn't ask, I was asked and I agreed. So why it is my fault that I'm a substitute host is a puzzle to me.

Anyway, eveyone who should be, get posting in Outpost Mini, please.

Doctor FoO
    Blatant
    posted 09-05-08 06:23 PM EDT (US)     70 / 218       
    I was kidding. I'm not mad at anyone. I don't care who hosts the game as long as it's fun.

A Banned User
    posted 09-05-08 06:26 PM EDT (US)     71 / 218       
    Because in retrosepct FoO, Sails dropped out. And then you in reality jumped forward about 5 places in the queue to take over, which is never normally allowed. I know you were most likely persuaded, but because you got to skip 5 places ahead to host earlier than Nacht, Cal, me, Alex and Ash that can't just be ignored.

I'm just tryna bring some order and make sure everythings fair

Friend of Old
    Resident Madman
    posted 09-05-08 06:42 PM EDT (US)     72 / 218       
    Still, I think harsh sanctions are unnecessary, especially since I'm only helping Arvy out.

Doctor FoO
    Arvedui
    Messiah of Fail
    posted 09-05-08 07:31 PM EDT (US)     73 / 218       
    In the end, Banned, this isn't his mafia per se, so HE shouldn't be penalized. If it was his mafia that he made, then he should be, but it isn't. It is my idea, my mafia, that he is hosting.

|
    Rotaretilbo
    Dúnadan
    posted 09-06-08 04:40 AM EDT (US)     74 / 218       
    The point is, Sails didn't drop out so much as be replaced. Since the theme is the exact same, this isn't a matter of FoO jumping forward, because he is meeting standards he normally wouldn't have to. You guys aren't any further back in line than before, there's just a different person ahead of you now.

A Banned User
    posted 09-06-08 05:27 AM EDT (US)     75 / 218       
    I appear to be outnumered here

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 9  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames