You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Prancing Pony
Moderated by Sir Hugh, EnemyofJupitor, Atzy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.218 replies, Sticky
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Prancing Pony » BFME2H Official Mafia Calendar
Bottom
Topic Subject:BFME2H Official Mafia Calendar
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8 9  Next Page »
Rotaretilbo
Dúnadan
(id: Brandon Rebuga)
posted 07-21-08 07:47 PM EDT (US)         
This is our Mafia Calender. We use this to
schedule and maintain order in all of these online forum
games. YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF MAFIA??? CLICK HERE!

Current Moderators:

* Rotaretilbo *
Aeneas2
MR ANCALAGON
Filmdirector 2
Pulkit
EnemyofJupitor
Tarquinius
steace43
Blood Phoenix
MightyFireball
Atzy
Alex
Jax
Arvedui
Catabre
GoSailing
Nacht Jaeger
Calenraug
A Banned User
Ashrzr
Friend of Old
Blatant7
The Best Guest
Ninja Jedi

* Head moderator

These are the people who host the games. They have the
important role of making the games fun. If you would like
to host a mafia, post your ideas in the thread below. You
must meet the criteria of participating in at least 2 games
(games at any Heaven count towards this requirement).

Mafia Queue
There are two lines - one for people wanting to run full mafia games (no restrictions) and one for people running Mini-Mafia. Mini Mafia has a maximum of 12 players.

Full Size Games Queue
  • Return of the King Mafia - Friend of Old
  • Prince Caspian Mafia - Nacht Jaeger
  • Wheel of Time Mafia - Calenraug
  • Al Capone Mafia - A Banned User
  • ???? Mafia - Alex
  • Pulp Fiction Mafia - Ashrzr
  • Eagle Mafia - EnemyofJupitor
  • Arvedui Mafia - Arvedui
  • BfME2H Mafia - Catabre

Mini Mafia Queue
  • Silmarillion Mafia - Jax
  • Lego Star Wars Mafia - Catabre
  • Dwarven Warfare Mafia - The Best Guest
  • No Country For Old Men Mafia - Ashrzr and A Banned User
  • ???? Mafia - Blatant7
  • Pokemon Mafia - Ninja Jedi
  • ???? Mafia - A Banned User

Game Ideas

On Probation

Complete games

Incomplete games:

Hall of Fame
  • Rotaretilbo: 4
  • Arvedui: 3
  • Friend of Old: 3
  • A Banned User: 2
  • Culverin: 2
  • EnemyofJupitor: 2
  • GoSailing: 2
  • Hnossa: 2
  • MightyFireball: 2
  • Sir Hugh: 2
  • The Reduszebrus: 2
  • Aeneas2: 1
  • Ashrzr: 1
  • Blatant7: 1
  • Catabre: 1
  • GandalfDaGraay: 1
  • Kester: 1
  • Mr Master Chief: 1
  • Nacht Jaeger: 1
  • Pulkit: 1
  • Smeagolfan24: 1
  • The Cheese Man: 1
  • The Wanderer: 1
  • TimmySpok: 1

Operational Policy
  • There can never be two or more active Mafia signup threads at the same time.

• The next person in line can't start their game until the current game is over or the moderator of the current game grants his permission in this thread.

• A moderator can, at any time, choose to move back an indefinite number of spaces in the queue if they don't want to run their game yet.

• If a moderator feels that there is a demand for a new Mafia game not being met by the moderator whose turn is next, he may declare intent to skip to the top of the queue to fill the void. However, this declaration must stand for a week without any progress from the other moderator before it can be acted upon.

• If a moderator is at the top of his queue, and he does not show any signs of starting his game, a period of one week will be allowed to elapse, then he will be moved down one rank, and the next person will have an opportunity to go.

• Moderators may only be in each queue once at any one time. They are granted additional spots for supportive cohosting.

• If the primary host of a mafia backs out, the game is removed from the queue, regardless of the presence of a supportive cohost. However, if one of two equal cohosts backs out, the other can maintain the spot on the queue, if they so choose.

• The moderator is a god. If the moderator makes a mistake, it is your mistake, so inform him that he might correct it for you.

• Moderators may choose to allow users otherwise probated to participate in their mafias.

• Use this thread to propose Mafia games to be run. They do not have to be moderated by you, you can suggest games for others to run. If a moderator so chooses, that moderator can host the theme. When this occurs, the theme will be crossed out of the suggestion area and placed in the queue.

Because this is a very "long term" thread, it may expire. You should look for a moderator to top the thread if that happens - email them about it.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    "I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
    "OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon

[This message has been edited by Rotaretilbo (edited 03-09-2013 @ 03:48 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Rotaretilbo
    Dúnadan
    posted 05-04-09 01:55 PM EDT (US)     151 / 218       
    You just give people more credit than I do, Jax. I don't believe in the average person's ability to govern himself, and so, a calendar like this is a necessary evil. Also, without a calendar, those few people who "dominate" the queues would dominate mafia even more, as it would be a jumble free-for-all whenever a mafia ended and I doubt the little guy would have much of a chance to garner the needed signups over well known mafia giants like myself or Arvy. Who would want to join a mafia hosted by a new guy who might not do a very good job when they have three or four other games, hosted by people they are sure will provide a fun game, to choose from? With this system, the little guy's turn is protected, so long as he is ready when it comes (if he is not, he gets bumped down one spot on the queue).

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    A Banned User
    Battle of the Forums EEH winning team
    posted 05-04-09 02:06 PM EDT (US)     152 / 218       
    Any chance Rot of limiting the amount of Mafias a person is allowed to have at any one time across the whole of the mafia calenders, the ones you own anyway?

As I fear Julius simply opening up more mafia calenders will simply result in the exact same people as on these calenders rushing their and filling them up.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
    "I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
    1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
    Julius999
    Imposter
    posted 05-04-09 03:13 PM EDT (US)     153 / 218       
    I meant doing that in conjunction with preventing the usua suspects taking all the spots. As an alternative to having 3 or more mafias in in one place at one time.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
    Member of Stormwind Studios
    Ashrzr
    (id: normandy887)
    posted 05-04-09 03:59 PM EDT (US)     154 / 218       
    I don't believe in the average person's ability to govern himself
    Amen.

"Cue gang-rape music!" - Rotaretilbo
    "What the f*** is gang-rape music?" - Cheddar Chap
    Ninja Jedi
    Dúnadan
    posted 05-04-09 04:16 PM EDT (US)     155 / 218       
    Didn't even notice I had won that old GoW mafia Thank you Rot

Ninja Jedi
    Hated most heavens
    The Best Guest
    Dúnadan
    posted 05-04-09 06:54 PM EDT (US)     156 / 218       
    still looking for a co-host for the dwarven warfare mafia

This is Not A Sig it is a Follow up to a Post
    Revora Forums for all your modding needs
    TBG (He is ever so slightly more awesome than everyone else for voting now isn't he?)-FOO
    BSL Clan
    "mods are actually fun girls!"-Jax
    Arvedui
    Messiah of Fail
    (id: ashwin13)
    posted 05-04-09 07:42 PM EDT (US)     157 / 218       
    People without a bit of experience in mafia shouldn't be hosting, and so, I want people who have already played a few games to be hosting. Since I don't want to be searching the bowels of HG for games, I limit where the games count to places where I run the calendar, since I likely played in many of those games.
    What if I was a very prolific host and player at AoMH and was recommended by a friend to host a mafia at BFME2H. I have never played a mafia at one of Rot's controlled heavens, but am hugely popular in mafia at AoMH. Should I not be allowed to host?
    I don't believe in the average person's ability to govern himself
    Which is why we have Democracies.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
    |
    "I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
    "Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
    And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
    Rotaretilbo
    Dúnadan
    posted 05-05-09 05:32 AM EDT (US)     158 / 218       
    You might be very prolific over at AoMH, but that doesn't necessarily mean you are going to host a game that is suited to players at BfME2H. Since most of my calendars draw a similar crowd, I extended it out a bit, but frankly, if it could be done realisticly, I'd limit it to just having played games at that specific heaven, simply so that the locals had the same edge that the immigrants did, but then I'd be stuck hosting at least two games in a row to fill out requirements for the locals and the immigrants, and the immigrants would still likely grab the top slots anyway.

Jax
    HG Monument
    (id: Jax Omen)
    posted 05-05-09 06:48 AM EDT (US)     159 / 218       
    I'd say the ideal would be to combine all your calenders into one big calender, with similar rules and restrictions.

As soon as a game finishes in any of the Heavens, then the person top of the calender can have first dibs hosting their. If they don't want to host at that paticular Heaven, it gets deferred to the next person down, and so on. I mean, it is pretty similar people on each list, so I imagine Arvy (say) wouldn't mind which Heaven he hosted at, and the setup actually means that because the list pans down quickly regulars should be able to host the same amount as normal, while new people can turn a 6-month wait into a 6 week wait (which isn't much if you're playing games at the same time).

The only downside is that it'd bea real ballache to keep everything organised across seperate threads. I suppose if you could link to one uber-calender or something.

house won this
    Julius999
    Imposter
    posted 05-05-09 10:37 AM EDT (US)     160 / 218       
    In my opinion, after the transition it would be easier to manage. Just one calendar rather than many. Much clearer too.

Regulars would get to host less often (if more new hosts were allowed in), but it's my view that one or two of the regulars could benefit from taking a little time out to balance their games better.

Jax
    HG Monument
    posted 05-05-09 11:48 AM EDT (US)     161 / 218       
    Regulars would get to host less often (if more new hosts were allowed in),
    Oh of course, but I was assuming a huge influx of new hosts wouldn't happen, thus meaning regulars could host pretty much as often as before, whereas if a new guy really wanted too they could.

house won this
    EnemyofJupitor
    HG Alumnus Superbus
    posted 05-05-09 11:51 AM EDT (US)     162 / 218       
    To help ease this pressure, we do now have a mafia forum as an area where all can play and host provided they've played at least two games anywhere on HG. Currently the max no. of games running at one time is two full and two mini, but it may expand if it becomes successful.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
    Julius999
    Imposter
    posted 05-05-09 12:12 PM EDT (US)     163 / 218       
    That is a good thing, but as far as I can tell it's been slightly botched. Because before notification was even widely given, Sails, Rot, Blatant and Arvy have all got slots on the calendar. This is exactly the problem we've just been talking about.

I don't have anything against any of those guys (although their styles are different to mine), but really! They have a virtual monopoly (not just them of course).

A Banned User
    posted 05-05-09 12:34 PM EDT (US)     164 / 218       
    It's a good thing but at how it's being run at the moment, it's not tackling current issues with existing calenders.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant

1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    Julius999
    Imposter
    posted 05-05-09 12:39 PM EDT (US)     165 / 218       
    Hey Banned, perhaps we should start the Mafia Revolution? Our small but fiercely loyal band could meet in shadowy rooms not besmirched by the presence of calendars and exchange slogans such as "Death (on Night 0) to the oppressors!".

[This message has been edited by Julius999 (edited 05-05-2009 @ 12:44 PM).]

A Banned User
    posted 05-05-09 12:52 PM EDT (US)     166 / 218       
    Great! You can be Lenin and Iíll be Trotsky, and we can rise up against the evil and cruel Tsarist mafia regime and fight for the masses and their mafia rights!

Did I just take that to far?

Edit: i'm worried Julius how must you've changed my mafia beliefs since u joined HG. Before I was thinking
    'Pah! Who needs Vannila Townies when you can have a Stone Informed Unstable Faith Bus Driver/ Vigilante! '
    And now i'm like
    'B-But Vannila Townies are a must! '

[This message has been edited by A Banned User (edited 05-05-2009 @ 12:59 PM).]

Julius999
    Imposter
    posted 05-05-09 01:02 PM EDT (US)     167 / 218       
    Did I just take that to far?
    Perhaps a little.
    i'm worried Julius how must you've changed my mafia beliefs
    I'm the Brian Clough of mafia. When people disagree with me, we sit down and talk about it for twenty minutes and then decide I was right.

Or I get lynched. That sometimes happens.

EnemyofJupitor
    HG Alumnus Superbus
    posted 05-05-09 02:10 PM EDT (US)     168 / 218       
    That is a good thing, but as far as I can tell it's been slightly botched. Because before notification was even widely given, Sails, Rot, Blatant and Arvy have all got slots on the calendar. This is exactly the problem we've just been talking about
    We're working on it. Sails and Rot don't count, as we had a pre-conceived idea to let Rot, Sails and I open up first to get it rolling. But should we find something lacking, we'll change it.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
    Ashrzr
    posted 05-05-09 05:59 PM EDT (US)     169 / 218       

Catabre
    BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
    posted 05-05-09 06:21 PM EDT (US)     170 / 218       
    I've been converted as well.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
    Rotaretilbo
    Dúnadan
    posted 05-05-09 07:01 PM EDT (US)     171 / 218       
    The forum section went up sometime around 1400 my time. I got home and posted the calendar at about 0200 the next day. In that time, I gave spots to all the people who specifically asked for them in the other thread, which had been stickied. I figured that the twelve hours it took me to get on was plenty of time for the news to spread around.

Jax
    HG Monument
    posted 05-05-09 07:13 PM EDT (US)     172 / 218       
    I'm the Brian Clough of mafia. When people disagree with me, we sit down and talk about it for twenty minutes and then decide I was right
    I don't think I've ever disagreed with you ^)^)

Also I'll of either signed up or not to your Whisper by the end of tomorrow.

house won this
    Arvedui
    Messiah of Fail
    (id: ashwin13)
    posted 05-05-09 10:28 PM EDT (US)     173 / 218       
    I prefer that.
    ...Vanilla. Townies. Are. Horrible. They do NOTHING. It encourages inactivity! Not after Mesozoic Mafia have I EVER had a vanilla townie.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
    |
    "I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
    "Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
    And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
    Rotaretilbo
    Dúnadan
    posted 05-06-09 00:30 AM EDT (US)     174 / 218       
    You're just so lucky that those buggers lynched Pit instead of you. I had you pinned as a serial killer with a tracking ability. I knew it by the way you tried to make it sound so ridiculous when it wasn't too ridiculous. And then I died, and for some reason, you survived? I still don't get how people didn't figure "well, Julius was probably scum yesterday, and then Pit was town, so that narrows our options a bit" and just lynch you. Pretty much screwed the town, at that point. If I hadn't died, I actually might have been of some help. I had lie detected Catabre and found out he was truthful, but I had this really town vibe for Sails, and then I realized, what if Ashrzr was a mafia reviver and Nacht was the actual godfather and a death miller to boot? Sure, I would have been wrong, but at least we'd have lynched scum instead of one of our cops. I probably wouldn't have picked up on EoJ until later, though.

Ashrzr
    posted 05-06-09 00:37 AM EDT (US)     175 / 218       
    Good thing I killed you.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8 9  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register