You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Innsider (Strategies)
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Atzy, Blatant

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Innsider (Strategies) » Soldiers vs. Uruk-Hai
Bottom
Topic Subject:Soldiers vs. Uruk-Hai
Aesperus
Dúnadan
posted 06-18-09 08:13 PM EDT (US)         
I was playing online the other day and I was MotW vs. Isengard. He sent one battalion of Uruk-Hai to my base and only have on soldier battalion (for the moment) I decided to kill the Uruks but my units got slaughterd and they were in shield block formation. The Uruks didn't have any upgrades or spells used on them. They weren't even in their shield wall. What I want to know is: Are the Gondor Soldiers one of the weakest swordsmen in the game? Cause I thought this was sad.

We all have a choice, so make yours wisely. If its wrong then make the best out of it.
AuthorReplies:
Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 06-18-09 08:19 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Gondor Soldiers are indeed fairly weak. This accounts for their relatively low price. IIRC Uruk-Hair soldiers are twice their price so they should be able to defeat them.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
Catabre
BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
posted 06-18-09 09:58 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Put your soldiers in shield wall and defensive stance, they will last much longer.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 06-18-09 10:07 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
Although the Uruk-Hai soldiers will ultimately triumph, provided no other units/abilities interfere.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
rammstein2129
Dúnadan
posted 06-19-09 06:41 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
About the Gondor soliders been the weekest units of the game, you are wrong. The weeakest soliders of the game are the goblin soliders. they only have 90 of life. About the uruks; did you checked on witch rank they were? because that makes all the diference.

Rammstein2129, the LORDofWAR R, from the tribe LORDS OF WAR.
from Portugal.
algis1992
Dúnadan
posted 06-20-09 08:22 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
The thing is, you should not have only 1 sog...
You should have a lot... since thye are cheaper and build faster than UW

If sog where stronger than UW... that would be sad...
Aesperus
Dúnadan
posted 06-24-09 01:38 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
To answer some of the other questions, UW was level one, more sog's were on the way, and I said that sog were one of the weakest inthe game. Plus my units were in defensive stance thw whole time.

We all have a choice, so make yours wisely. If its wrong then make the best out of it.
algis1992
Dúnadan
posted 06-25-09 12:16 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
dont think you got the point almost evryone is trying to make...

Sog cost 200 and build damm quick
Uruks cost 350 and build damm slow

And so SoG has to win from Uruks in your opinion? WTF....

First uruk from an uruk rush can be hard to stop...
the thing is dont engage you engaged him 1v1 and somehow still did not get a 2nd sog before he killed you...
So than don't engage and engage only when 2nd comes out, or almost out.. idk...
flank them w/h with the first.. run away.. w/h...

Now another thing..
"they were in shield block formation."

when did you ahve the time to research banner carriers ? 0_o? This means the uruk was infact very late and you could easily have stopped him, no you could rush with you sog's and destroy his rb's etc. and get him on defensive, IF you palyed normally and spammed sog in the beginning.. instead of rechearching banner carriers? :S
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames