You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Innsider (Strategies)
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Atzy, Blatant

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.16 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Innsider (Strategies) » Dwarfs vs Cavalry
Bottom
Topic Subject:Dwarfs vs Cavalry
doomchild
Dúnadan
posted 06-13-09 10:49 PM EDT (US)         
How are the Dwarfs supposed to deal with cavalry units in general that go running around destroying resource buildings, especially faster than your phalanx can catch up to them or be dispatched out of the mine before the mine is actually destroyed?
AuthorReplies:
Crusard
Dúnadan
posted 06-13-09 11:10 PM EDT (US)     1 / 16       
You should exit the mineshafts before the enemy cavalry arrives.

You can also use heroes, which can kill most cavalry with a single hit, and Gimli is pretty fast and can get to the horses if on Aggressive stance.
jetix
Dúnadan
posted 06-14-09 11:52 PM EDT (US)     2 / 16       
But Gimli is too expensive!Dain is expensive too,and Gloin is dying too quickly.I am ussualy geting Gloin(He is the best of the dwarven heroes),some Phalanxes and A LOT OF AXE THROWERS!!!THEY KILL ANY ENEMY FAST!!!!!
Masterbadeend
Dúnadan
posted 06-15-09 03:18 PM EDT (US)     3 / 16       
Gloin shouldn't die vs. one bataljon cavalery, I think he is able to take out 3 bataljons of knights with his first power used (forgot the name). And why not use guardians?

[This message has been edited by Masterbadeend (edited 06-15-2009 @ 03:18 PM).]

Crusard
Dúnadan
posted 06-15-09 05:54 PM EDT (US)     4 / 16       
You can also use heroes, which can kill most cavalry with a single hit
That includes Gimli
algis1992
Dúnadan
posted 06-15-09 06:33 PM EDT (US)     5 / 16       
Dwarfs is the last faction i would go cavalary against tbh,
if you ahve porbems wiht dwarves agaisnt them, than how
you deal vs cav with other factions. ^^ :P
doomchild
Dúnadan
posted 06-15-09 11:33 PM EDT (US)     6 / 16       
ALGIS, I AM A NOOB, YOU FOOL.
Catabre
BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
posted 06-16-09 09:06 AM EDT (US)     7 / 16       
rofl

Keep a regiment or two of phalanx inside your mine system. Cavalry comes, pop out the phalanx and laugh as your opponets cavalry are screwed over. Repeatedly.

Gloin can decimate cavlary with his level 1 power. Select Gloin, slecet his power, and click on the opposing cavalry. They'll be sent flying, and you'll be none the worse for wear.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
jetix
Dúnadan
posted 06-18-09 11:39 PM EDT (US)     8 / 16       
you can also use phalanxes and behind Axe throwers,who are killing the enemy fast.
rammstein2129
Dúnadan
posted 06-19-09 06:46 PM EDT (US)     9 / 16       
Catabare is right. Gloin doesn't die by beening atacked by a single cavalry battalion. He's special hability it's very effective against any enemy. it's like "wizard blast".

Rammstein2129, the LORDofWAR R, from the tribe LORDS OF WAR.
from Portugal.
algis1992
Dúnadan
posted 06-20-09 08:28 AM EDT (US)     10 / 16       
never saw gloin used vs cav...
but wait.. i never have seen cav used vs dwarves now i think about it...

Anyways catabre and crusard are right.. phalanx in mine system, pop out when cav...

Also rotate the mine towards where the cav prolly will come from... so if they attack they will attack the opeining and your phalanx can easily get them.. however the other player will probably try to clup around the other side from the opening..

You can also build mines with their back against a rock etc.

Jetix is completly wrong.. never use AT exept when playing vs elves since AT are strong vs archers (and pikes).

LOL, if you build AT (what you never should do xept vs elves imo) than cav can actually be usefull against dwarves ^^

[This message has been edited by Algis1992 (edited 06-20-2009 @ 08:33 AM).]

jetix
Dúnadan
posted 06-22-09 09:53 AM EDT (US)     11 / 16       
they are strong if putted before Phalanxes if not they have no chances against cavalry i think the best way is to have 1-2 Phalanxes and 1-2 Axe Throwers inside your mines then get towers near to mines and geting a hero to walk there
algis1992
Dúnadan
posted 06-25-09 12:24 PM EDT (US)     12 / 16       
Guardians are stronger than AT and cost the same..(thye deal same damage = hack)
AT only counter archerz...
In any other case you want guardians...

so stfu :P

p.s lmao at "putted" ^^
p.p.s towers besides mines? Are you a dwarven camper or soemthing? ^^.. Haha camping dwarves, makes me laugh :P
They should be msot agressive of all factions with their fwd mines and idk what.
Only get towers very late when lots of money left over idk..
But dwarves normally spent all of their money on spamming more mines around opponent and making the very expansive BW with MoD...

hmmmm

[This message has been edited by Algis1992 (edited 06-25-2009 @ 12:25 PM).]

Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 06-25-09 01:53 PM EDT (US)     13 / 16       
Hey now, let's be respectful of other people's opinions. Everyone has their own strategy.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
jetix
Dúnadan
posted 06-26-09 00:48 AM EDT (US)     14 / 16       
What are AT?Attack Trolls or Axe Throwers?And in Open Play games towers in 2 minutes is a MUST,because they stop cavalry rush.When the opponent is Izengard and I am Elves I am 60% getting LOAR(lorien archers),LOAR and MITHSENT(mithlond pikemen) and then a tower then a mallorn tree then waiting for haldir then geting him and then 2 TOWERS!!!!!!!!!!!SO TOWERS IN EARLY GAME IS A MUST IF YOU DON"T WANT THEM TO RUSH YOU
Masterbadeend
Dúnadan
posted 06-26-09 09:16 AM EDT (US)     15 / 16       
I suppose you haven't played online before, or even have the 1.06 patch. Because I totally agree with you if you say AT (axe throwers) pwnd in the first patch .
algis1992
Dúnadan
posted 06-28-09 03:46 PM EDT (US)     16 / 16       
oh cmm'on

the moment you got those 3 towers so early you lost the game.

its a waste of money.

what you suggest is just camping :S

now if im vs a nubie camper i just expand, creep the whole map, etc. Than i just win with siege,berzerkers, upgrades since he made a billion towers, while i was expanding.

you can easily defend without those towers
correction: more easily, extra troops > towers.

Towers is when you are at command point limit and got louds of cash. Yo may than consider putting towers at the fords etc.

However most dont do this since its considered very lame.

As elves you can defend quite easily, no need for towers.
When i play elves, wel played, i have not played bfme2 for 3 weeks now :P, i go MT, rax, LA > creep with builder the troll or wargs, LA > creep with other builder, Mith/LA/MT.

or soemthing like that.

The creeping gives you a lot of money, wic wich you buy a hero and a 2nd rax/ stables (once you made 4 MT's). And get more army/ preserve troops, take ins and go harass enemy, etc.

Now im in quit a strong position.

But if we take your strat. You will be stuck almost without any money, or troops, sitting in your base, not able to expand since your enemy's army > yours.

With any other army i go or RB, RB, rax and while buildign the rax another rb. And than rush with a swordmen-unit. Getting as a 2nd unit for defense an archer-unit or antoher swordmen-unit. (by blocking the enemy unit of from the rb, i can defend it quite well, and after that this unit can, unlike the archer, be used for own harassment.

Now getting this 2nd unit, is way more usefull than getting a tower instead, its mobile, it can be used to defend all rb's, and for offensive actions, and it cost basicly the same. To defend those 3 rbs you will need to get like 3 towers? Well, thats what you suggested...
It will criple you, spending all that money so early that can be used for more units, rb's.

Now i undertand you have problems with defending. Thats why you go build towers.

Now i give you some tips, its all kinda basic knowledge, but i think you somehow stil lack it...

1. Build your first 2 or even 3 rb's withing fortress fire,
this will help defending them alot. If you want to place your first 2 rb's completly under fortressfire at the highest percentage you must place them as close as you can to the fort at 97%. Now still can one part of the rb still be attacked. At least so its with the furnace. If you look at it you see that at one pojt it sticks out, at the other side its round. So what you do is you rotate your furnace so that the stiching out side is towards your fortress. This will place your rb completly under fortress fire.
Also 97% gives as much money as 100% i think.

2. Hide your rb's. Once you build your first 3 close to fortress, so easy to defend and at least 2 under fortress fire, you may want to hide your rb's. Place them in corners etc.
Dont place them where the enemy's units wil likely walk, like in the middle of a ford.
Don't place them however lower than 70%.

3. You may also choose to put all your rb's very close togheter, near your fortress, or an inn spamming units, at lower %. This makes it much easier to defend them.

4. Place your archers at rb's where you expect the enemy to go harass, so you dont have to walk all the way to them.

5. Delete your rb's when you can't save them so you get some cash back, remember to always rebuild your rb's almost emediately after the treath is gone.

6. When your defending wiht a swordmen, place it between the rb and the offensive enemy unit, remember that the enemy unit has to walk way further to get around your unit, than your unit to block the enemy unit from reachin your rb,
so unless the enmy unit is alor faster than yours, you can prevent them form reaching your rb with a litlly bit of micro.

7. When you dont block the enmy of with your sowrdmen, that the enmy will most likely get it down, a far better unit for stopping harasment is cavalary. When the enmy unit is clumped around your rb you just run arou nd your rb and trample them, so preventing them form attacking your rb.

Hope this will help you.

Oh and since we where talking about axe trhowers, i think you must be pretty dumb (sorry to say this but its true) t think im talking about attack trolls....

p.s rb= recource building
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames