You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Innsider (Strategies)
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Atzy, Blatant

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Innsider (Strategies) » Bfme2 good campaign Erebor how to defend??????????
Bottom
Topic Subject:Bfme2 good campaign Erebor how to defend??????????
jetix
Dúnadan
posted 05-26-09 10:49 AM EDT (US)         
I have builded 2towers,much of units but i am afraid that i can not defend the base...What to do??
AuthorReplies:
Crusard
Dúnadan
posted 05-26-09 03:25 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
1) Build many towers filled with Men of Dale + Flaming arrows, in aggressive stance.

2) Build Statues near your towers for extra damage.

3) Make sure your heroes (with leadership) are near the towers for even more damage. Move them only to kill catapults.

4) Enjoy the carnage.
Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 05-26-09 05:10 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
I personally choose a point in the city as my center, and then build walls around it, with a fortress somewhere to the side. Build mines within the walls, and either have barracks in your make-shift fortress or transport them from the keep to your make-shift fortress via mines.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
jetix
Dúnadan
posted 05-26-09 11:08 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
i already got a fortress,much of men of dale with flaming arrows,much of axe throwers,guardians,phalanxes,but i have ONLY King Dain level 7.i got some battle wagons and even a catapult with flaming munitions but i am still afraid!!!!!!!!Even the fortress has 3 catapults with flaming munitions.i have ALL the ubgrages,in the Fortress i have the Flaming munitions ubgrage and i have like 25000 of resourses!!What to do with the catapults?What to do with Attack Trols?What to do with the Battering Ram?????????

[This message has been edited by jetix (edited 05-27-2009 @ 01:34 AM).]

Crusard
Dúnadan
posted 05-27-09 12:08 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
Attack trolls: Mass flaming arrows coming from garrisoned towers of Men of Dale (And I'm talking about 10 battalions minimum inside the towers). A couple of Phalanxes (with full upgrades) close to your towers can help as well. Remember the Statues, the fortress upgrades that give leadership, Dain's leadership, and a battlewagon with the banner upgrade (even more leadership bonus): They all increase the damage your flaming arrows can do to a crazy amount.

Catapults: Send Dain to kill them or maybe phalanxes when the path is cleared.

Rams: Easily killed by phalanxes.

Just don't build any Guardians or Axethrowers and keep only one battlewagon for the leadership bonus (Set it in Defensive stance and do *not* move it away from your towers).

[This message has been edited by Crusard (edited 05-27-2009 @ 12:10 PM).]

Ceaser97
Dúnadan
posted 07-03-09 04:57 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
Its true that a lot of the time in sieges phalanxes can be more valuable than guardians, but with mithril mail and forged blades they provide an excellent fallback if the enemy break's through your walls.
rammstein2129
Dúnadan
posted 11-27-09 06:07 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
In my oppinion, a good army it's the base of a good defence.Uppgrade them with all upgrades, and don't worry about there is only King Dain as a hero; Glorfindel and Gloin shall come with reinforcements.
Dwarves aren't the fastest army in the game, but their mines provide the fastest movements of the game. Build several mines across your territories, and put your builders inside the mines. Built a fortress in the battle front, equipied with walls, arrow towers, catapults and the most important, your entire army beind the walls. When the enemies reach the walls, advance with your army trough them. Built statues, wells and mines beind the walls, so that your army can recover after each enemy strike. The mines shall be useful when the nazgul breach erebor by the back. Trough them, send your armies on this last atack to reach victory!

P.S.:Sorry about my english. I wrote this realy fast.

Rammstein2129, the LORDofWAR R, from the tribe LORDS OF WAR.
from Portugal.
Bendak
Dúnadan
posted 03-11-10 07:13 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
What I can remember from this, is that any wall or fortress thing won't stop them. (Ofcourse not, it's Mordor! Mordor rocks!)

What you need is an insane amount of unit-spam buildings on critical areas, who are defended by some tough upgraded units that can take a beating. It doesn't care if some of your buildings go down, as long as you keep building and upgrading your units. The map is pretty large so take that to your advantage, attack when you think you can win and otherwise, get the hell away, regroup and attack when you are ready. Even if it costs you some buildings, you rather want to have a nice big army. Also use the tunnels for quick transportation.. they are your little evil trick!

Spend all the money that doesn't go into units to some extra grouped fortresses and walls. And have 2-3 builders continously building mines, faster than the enemy can destroy them to keep your econ up!

B e n d e r s . . . 2004

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub
Danthemanb
Dúnadan
posted 04-08-10 05:15 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
Just try to out think the computer, first, make a fortriss as close as you can to the main point of attack, then build walls all around it and two deep at the front, destory two wall spots so that the enemy will swarm in there, make a bunch of axe towers on the front of your walls, make a bunch of towers and put men in them with flaming arrows, take your two batt of origal normal dwafs and put them with king dain at front of opening at wall, make a bunch of mines and put them in key places, always keep 5 batt of paladaxes in mines and only take them out when needed or moving units from one place to another. (I beat it on hard doing this)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames