You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Innsider (Strategies)
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Atzy, Blatant

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Innsider (Strategies) » Do you think that this is a good stratagy for def.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Do you think that this is a good stratagy for def.
Aesperus
Dúnadan
posted 04-14-09 02:09 PM EDT (US)         
On maps that have a one way in one way out starting location, do you think this would be a good defence? (MotW and Dwarves can only pull this off)

Heres what I do and it works well, but I need an opinion from some good players.

I build a wall hub on one side of gap then make a wall expanding the entire with of the entrance then build a second wall right behind the first. All spots possible for front wall are arrow towers, being the execption of the middle having a postern gate, and second wall nothing but trebeuchets and again one postern gate in middle. I have managed to do very well with this against brutal AI since my CaH is outside wall along with other heros killing the catapults, ballistae etc. How would this work online against other players? Plz tell me!

We all have a choice, so make yours wisely. If its wrong then make the best out of it.
AuthorReplies:
Crusard
Dúnadan
posted 04-14-09 05:03 PM EDT (US)     1 / 13       
First of all, CaHs are unallowed in official games (tournament play) because they're way too powerful to allow any balance.

Now about your strategy... by the time you build two sets of walls with towers and trebuchets, the enemy will already have overran you with a huge army of equivalent price (You can buy 6 Soldiers of Gondor battalions for the price of a single wall trebuchet :P)
Walls are too expensive, and hold the enemy for too short to be of any use on a real competitive game, besides you can only build them when in very close proximity of your fortress.

Also, never expect Brutals to behave like a real human player ^^
Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 04-14-09 05:15 PM EDT (US)     2 / 13       
I agree with Crusard. While this may be a good strategy against Brutals, human opponents will rush you and take you down before you can get any units out.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
Aesperus
Dúnadan
posted 05-05-09 02:25 PM EDT (US)     3 / 13       
Well I mean I know they are expensive but I do have a good army of ugraded soldiers blocking the way reinforced by archers. I can get a good deal of money but I mainly do OPEN PLAY not tournament so my CaH is allowed. I have tried this on my friends and it seems to do some good since they make the wrong choice of swarming the heros. The trebuchets and horn of gondor do a heavy amount of dmg.
rammstein2129
Dúnadan
posted 05-07-09 02:08 PM EDT (US)     4 / 13       
To fight agaist AI it's an exelent strategy but against a human player, you woudn't have the minimal chance! You must be fast against a human player, atacking constantly, not spending money with a easily breakable wall. Walls are good when you are atacking you opponement's settelements, because if you retreat, the enemy units will have a hard work taking down your wall(probably your opponement conter atack won't bring siege weapons to rush your reatring units).

Rammstein2129, the LORDofWAR R, from the tribe LORDS OF WAR.
from Portugal.
Aesperus
Dúnadan
posted 05-08-09 10:49 AM EDT (US)     5 / 13       
Lol tell that to the guy I fought last night he was a lvl 5 and when his army came is was decimated my Rohirrim wiped out the ballistae he brought with him.
algis1992
Dúnadan
posted 06-28-09 05:00 PM EDT (US)     6 / 13       
his lvl means nothing
Aesperus
Dúnadan
posted 06-29-09 04:21 PM EDT (US)     7 / 13       
Sorry I meant his wins were way more than his losses

We all have a choice, so make yours wisely. If its wrong then make the best out of it.
algis1992
Dúnadan
posted 06-29-09 07:11 PM EDT (US)     8 / 13       
Still means little, if you only join noob games your win loss will be high, or if you dc. I have played vs plenty of players with a higher win/loss then me, but a lot worse than me. Not often however because I don't join only noob games.
But even so..
I met this guy who had a 1200/28 win/loss ratio. You would expect that atleast his amount of games would make him experienced (i only played like 300 of them ^^), but a worse plyer there could not be... + he dc'd
Masterbadeend
Dúnadan
posted 06-30-09 05:10 PM EDT (US)     9 / 13       
Rank doesn't say anything these days, I once won from a lvl 9 with 963/321 or something like it. (I'm lvl 6 180/63)
Crusard
Dúnadan
posted 06-30-09 06:41 PM EDT (US)     10 / 13       
I'm rank 3 :P

Besides if you're playing with CaH, use an elven archer to cast whirlwind and glitch-heal till your opponents' heads explode.

[This message has been edited by Crusard (edited 06-30-2009 @ 06:43 PM).]

algis1992
Dúnadan
posted 06-30-09 06:43 PM EDT (US)     11 / 13       
rank 3 on the ladder :O

wow
Crusard
Dúnadan
posted 06-30-09 06:44 PM EDT (US)     12 / 13       
Lol I mean *level* 3
I'm not that much of a sick person :P
algis1992
Dúnadan
posted 06-30-09 06:48 PM EDT (US)     13 / 13       
oh k ^^

p.s i hate that thing about posting to much messages in a short time, i just got it and i like posted only 2 :S
^^
but i guess it is needed against spam..
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames