You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Innsider (Strategies)
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Atzy, Blatant

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.46 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Innsider (Strategies) » A Look at Mini-heroes
Bottom
Topic Subject:A Look at Mini-heroes
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Smeagolfan24
WICH Fanfic Moderator
posted 12-28-06 11:53 AM EDT (US)         
A Look at Mini-heroes

Not much has been said here about the new mini-heroes, so I think we should have a thread on it. This is my take on these rejected additions to the game.

Mini-heroes are, as the name implies, basically units that are heroes. They have powers, can regenerate health, but have multiple units in them. Most are as expensive as heroes, so you'll have to choose if they're worth it, but we'll get to that eventually.

I'll look at each mini-hero, and then say what my strategy would be with them:

The Mini-heroes

Name:Knights of Dol Amroth
Faction:Men of the West
Cost:1500
Command Points:100
Required:Level 3 Stables
Strong vs.:All Normal Units except pikemen
Amount Allowed:3 Units of Knights
Abilities:
Level 2: Inspiration --- Mounted units near Knights gain +50% Damage and Armor; Passive
Level 7: Charge of Glory --- Knights gain +50% Damage and Armor for a short time.

Name:Noldor Warriors
Faction:Elves
Command Points:96
Required:Level 3 Barracks
Strong vs.:All Normal Units
Amount Allowed:3 Units of Warriors
Abilities:
Level 7: Weapon Song --- Warriors gain +50% Damage and Armor for a short time.
Note: The Noldor Warriors are fully upgraded, Silverthorn and all!

Name:Dwarven Zealots
Faction:Dwarves
Command Points:120
Required:Level 3 Hall of Warriors
Amount Allowed:3 Units of Zealots
Abilities:
Level 1: Axe Throw --- You all know what this is.
Level 7: Beserkergang --- Zealots gain +150% Damage and Attack Speed for a short time.

Name:Uruk Deathbringers
Faction:Isengard
Cost:1000
Command Points:75
Required:Level 3 Uruk Pit
Amount Allowed:3 Units of Deathbringers
Abilities:
Level 2: Stonewall --- Deathbringers become highly resistant to trample and knockback, and stop cavalry, but lose speed.
Level 7: Deathwish --- Deathbringers gain +250% Damage but lose 25% of health for 20 seconds.

Name:The Black Riders
Faction:Mordor
Cost:2000
Command Points:150
Required:Level 3 Siege Works
Strong vs.:All Normal Units except pikemen
Amount Allowed:1 Unit of Riders
Abilities:
Level 2: Dread Visage --- Significantly reduces nearby enemy Damage and Armor
Level 4: Morgul Blade --- Same as always
Level 10: Screech --- Inspires fear

Name:Fire Drake Brood
Faction:Goblins
Command:72
Required:Level 3 Fissure
Strong vs.All Normal Units except pikemen and buildings
Amount Allowed:2 Broods
Abilities:
Level 7: Inferno --- Brood breathes fire over chosen area.

The Best Mini-hero

The Knights of Dol Amroth are the best choice in my opinion, although all the good factions got excellent heroes also. The best way to use the Knights is to join them with other units, have the others distact the enemy, and then take down their buildings one by one. They are very good at what they do, whether it be a charge w/ Theoden, or the above strategy.

The Worst Mini-hero

Fire Drake Broods are horrible. They will never last long enough to get to level 3, let alone level 7 for Inferno. I had one drake die in two seconds after charging into an army, with units to support it! do not use these!

Strategy

Mini-heroes can not survive on their own, as some of you have already said. There is a question as to whether they're worth the large amount of money. In my opinion, none of the Evil mini-heroes are worth it; they die too easily. Nazgul are way over-priced, so stay away from them.

The main strategy I've found mini-heroes to be strong in is raiding resource building. Really, they have no other use in your army of destruction.

.:|Smeagol|:.
World in Conflict Heaven Cherub
Battle For Middle-earth II Heaven Replay Reviewer and Ledgend

Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend somewhere along in the bitterness.
Oh, I would have stayed up with you all night, had I known how to save a life...

[This message has been edited by Smeagolfan24 (edited 07-11-2007 @ 09:43 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Ludson
Dúnadan
posted 04-28-07 02:19 PM EDT (US)     26 / 46       
Smeagolfan you're a liar! They don't stay on the stategic map after battle. Sniif sniif
Smeagolfan24
WICH Fanfic Moderator
posted 04-30-07 07:28 PM EDT (US)     27 / 46       
I am? I thought that in ROTWK they fixed it to stay after the battle? If I'm wrong then I apologize.

Oh, I would have stayed up with you all night, had I known how to save a life...
BritishBulldog
Dúnadan
posted 05-01-07 12:33 PM EDT (US)     28 / 46       
What're you two babblin' on about now?

SilverJedi a.k.a Ricky
Ludson
Dúnadan
posted 05-02-07 03:21 PM EDT (US)     29 / 46       
Mini heroes doesn't stay on war of the ring after battle.
Catabre
BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
posted 05-02-07 04:35 PM EDT (US)     30 / 46       
The Black Riders problem is that they can't regenerate their health.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
BritishBulldog
Dúnadan
posted 05-02-07 06:04 PM EDT (US)     31 / 46       
Is the only way to regenerate fallen Mini-Heroes to put the horde by a well? Bad news for Evil Faction MH's.
Again, i heard rumour that all mini-heroes will now regenerate at level two, this true? I dont particularly buy mini-heroes unless i feel fruity.

SilverJedi a.k.a Ricky
MightyFireball
Dúnadan
posted 05-02-07 08:18 PM EDT (US)     32 / 46       
Fruity? I've never heard that expression before.

Smoke Rings Award Winner
Chill with me.
Scorch062
Dúnadan
posted 05-03-07 02:14 AM EDT (US)     33 / 46       
Me neither

".`.rh, rmg hrg .`."
"Executing order 66 my lord"
"If we're all clones, why am I the only one with a sense of humor?"
BFME2 Replay Reviewer
Ludson
Dúnadan
posted 05-03-07 07:37 AM EDT (US)     34 / 46       
War of The ring would be so much funnier if you could lvl your mini heroes and keep them after battle...
Maereandil
Dúnadan
posted 07-11-07 06:26 AM EDT (US)     35 / 46       
I don't use mini-heroes a lot, but they are quite handy in middle-game if you want to quickly destroy some of you opponent's recoursebuildings. In a later stage of the game, when you have enough money for forged blades and such things, you'd better leave the miniheroes and upgrade your normal troops. I find that your army is more flexible then. So you can quickly react if something happens during battle.
That's my opinion

"Fat hobbit is also so polyte. Smeagol shows them ways, nobody else can find, and they say: sneak! very nice friend, my precious, very nice friend."
"You just scared me, that's all. What were you doing anyway?"
"Sneaking...."
Smeagolfan24
WICH Fanfic Moderator
posted 07-11-07 09:41 AM EDT (US)     36 / 46       
What miniheroes do you use, when you use them?

Maereandil
Dúnadan
posted 07-20-07 10:15 AM EDT (US)     37 / 46       
Well, my favourite faction is Men, so i use Knights of Dol Amroth often , but not every skirmish or multiplayer game.
I use them in the middle game stadium if i want to destroy quickley some of the opponent's recource buildings. The Knights are pretty fast, so they're ideal for hit-and-run tactics. I usually don't use Dwarven Zeelots (if thats the correct name; i have the dutch version) becouse they die pretty quickley and they're very expensive. The Noldor Warriors have a devastating range when arching. If i use them, i use them with some Demsterworld Archers to quickly ambush a few enemy batallions. The bad side of the Warriors are that they die pretty fast when they engage enemies in melee combat. I never use Black Riders becouse they're very expensive, cost a lot of cp, and they don't regenerate new units if one Rider dies. I dont use the Drakes either, becouse of the same reason as for the Nazgul. I never use the mini heroes of Isengard, becouse i almost never play with isengard.

"Fat hobbit is also so polyte. Smeagol shows them ways, nobody else can find, and they say: sneak! very nice friend, my precious, very nice friend."
"You just scared me, that's all. What were you doing anyway?"
"Sneaking...."
plaga51
Dúnadan
posted 02-16-08 11:37 AM EDT (US)     38 / 46       
i dont use Mini-heros often myself unless im playing as men. i find that the Knights of Dol Amroth are really useful for guerilla warfare as they can attack destroy a couple farms and if anything comes out run them to safty. i also try to lvl them up a bit before and after with a train allies skill through out the battle making them useful. im sure healing skill will recover a knight if u happen to lose 1 in a fight but it would be nice if they came back like other units do, because if u lose 4 out of 5 in a battle i doubt anyone will use 4 healing skills on them.
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 12-24-08 05:02 AM EDT (US)     39 / 46       
Unstuck- new index up and running

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Aesperus
Dúnadan
posted 04-27-09 02:22 PM EDT (US)     40 / 46       
With Isengard, they kinda have 2 mini-heros in a way. Berserkers are kind of the same. I've hatched several hero ambushes on enemy heros while they try and lvl up on lairs. All I do is go to a lair kill it then line my berserkers up and when he comes boom they dead. They are like the mini-heros of the non-expansion pack as well.

We all have a choice, so make yours wisely. If its wrong then make the best out of it.
Crusard
Dúnadan
posted 04-27-09 02:32 PM EDT (US)     41 / 46       
With "Mini-Heroes" I think we're referring to RotWK's special units which can go up to level 10...

Funny thing I've never seen a special unit go past level 3 on a serious game
Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 04-27-09 05:59 PM EDT (US)     42 / 46       
Yeah, out of the few times I've played ROTWK online, I've seen mimi-heroes used maybe twice. I prefer to spend the resources on real heroes.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
Catabre
BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
posted 04-29-09 11:52 AM EDT (US)     43 / 46       
The mini heros I sse the most are Knights of Dol Amroth, followed by Noldor Warriors, followed by The Uruk-Hai people.

In my opinion their all overpriced, especially Nazgul.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
Crusard
Dúnadan
posted 04-29-09 03:26 PM EDT (US)     44 / 46       
Hmmm, I think they dissappear (which made them very useless in wotr since they can't go above lv3 on each map).
Aesperus
Dúnadan
posted 04-30-09 10:44 AM EDT (US)     45 / 46       
Maybe instead of looking at how they do in a full blown assault, look at it in terms of an ambush. Have them hidden at a point that can get to the enemy's base as fast as they can and start knocking the place down. I know they cost too much but still I use them a good deal and I never have had a single problem with them.

We all have a choice, so make yours wisely. If its wrong then make the best out of it.
Azog
Dúnadan
posted 09-28-09 10:35 AM EDT (US)     46 / 46       
Come on people! Does anyone give the Goblins any respect? The Drakes, although the do lack armor, are some of the fastest in the game (Tied with the GOBLIN spiderlings I think) and they trample like cavalry. It's true they aren't the best mini-hero, but they definitely aren't the worst! Especially if paired with drakes from the fortress and Gorkil's summoned ones!

Basically, as you people have it, the Goblin heros are dumb, and the Goblin mini heros are the worst! Doesn't anyone here have any respect for them?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames