You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods)
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Blatant

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods) » crazy idea...
Bottom
Topic Subject:crazy idea...
KalAstar
Dúnadan
posted 01-14-07 00:41 AM EDT (US)         
Hello everyone. I would first like to say, as you can see. I’m new here.

And well, I’m being my normal weird self when I come up with an idea…

A Hobbit faction!

Now I have no idea how to mod anything being who I am, nor do I know how easy/hard it would be to mod the game to add a seventh(or eighth if it where made for ROTWK) and some might think there would be balance problems I think, as Hobbits aren’t much known for there numbers, or combat skills. However I figure that for the hobbits sake we can forgive the numbers thing.

the Hobbits would thus have probably the weakest units in each area however they would also have three things to counter this: low unit cost, fast build time, and low command points per unit

now while they have that, they may also need some other things, perhaps they would be scripted to gain levels fast, and some have an ability to gained at lvl2 where they can regain health or some such. Not to mention they might be suited for stealth when not attacking, due to being small

Other things that could be considered would be Evenstar powers, they could have several that spawn stronger units such as Elven Warriors, or Dunedain, or Rohirrim etc along with some other things

there Hero’s would need some boosting in abilities, such as Merry summoning a few groups of Rohirrim, or Pippin calling in some Gondor Soldiers, while Sam might have a power involving food and healing…and such. Still the Hobbit hero’s would be at low cost.

Other questions might be raised as to what kind of units… I came to these ideas for units so far:

Cavalry: Pony Riders: for cavalry they would be slow, weak, and only somewhat good, but its still cavalry. They are small but still faster then other Hobbits and to some extent can still run over there enemies, at very least they can do raids

Infantry: Hobbits with Clubs(or Swords,or whatever is deemed most fitting) your best for Infantry fighting

Pikemen: Hobbits with Pitchforks, weak yes, but hey, its what I came up with in the short time I thought of this…

Archers: lvl1 Archers would be “Rock Throwers” weak impact and all but its still a ranged unit. Lvl2 would be Hobbit Archers, as I know they use Bows in the Battle of Bywater, why not here…still they would probably have a lesser ranger then any other archer

Other units: Rangers of the North/Dunedain of the North/Dunedain Rangers(whatever you wana call them)

Fortress would perhaps be basically a copy of Bag End? They could have Farms for res, and perhaps “Hobbit Inns” or something for combat units. And walls could be hedges, as I know that was a defence they had.

Siege units could be perhaps Hurons from the old forest or something(still thinking about what else it would be)

Again this is just an idea, and I only just thought of it for the most part. This is open for discussion of course and if anyone really wants to mod the game for such a thing be my guest…

AuthorReplies:
MR ANCALAGON
Dúnadan
(id: Ancalagon_4554)
posted 01-14-07 10:20 AM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
Welcome to BFME2 Heaven, KalAstar.

While many modders are busy on their own projects, they usually are too busy to make mods from other people. I'll consider it, once I make my Gladiator Map and my Dol Amroth map. (sneak peek for anyone who didnn't know what I was doing)

However, I could try to get you started in modding.... If you wanted to.

GandalfDaGraay
Dúnadan
posted 01-14-07 10:28 AM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
*Ears perk up* Dol Amroth map?

Can't wait for that one!

Heck to the darkness
"That's fairly similar to what I thought you sounded like. Deep, gravelly, and wise sounding. Though the gravelly bit could've been mic quality?" -Atzy
"HeavenGames forbid!" -Smeagolfan24
MR ANCALAGON
Dúnadan
posted 01-14-07 10:53 AM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
Yes, but right now I'm working on "Gladiator on the Ice".

You'd like any help with modding, I'd be happy to help anyone.

Rikolous
Dúnadan
posted 01-14-07 11:28 AM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
Scouring of the shire is already a mod that puts hobbits in the game, although it isnt complete

Rikolous, [insert clever/funny phrase in the space provided]
DevilsWarrior
Dúnadan
(id: evl1312)
posted 01-14-07 11:35 AM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
very interesting....but if you say they are weakest faction,who will want to play as them??

My answer to this is noobz.Yes only the freshest of noobs will want to play as hoobits.I might try it out because your idea is very interesting.If i win ill play with them more,but most likely i will lose horribally.

This is just what im saying.

Oh,and welcome to Bfme2HG

I love my girl.She gets me through the day.
You will never truly know even your best of friends
Come play with me onXbox live. Help me pwn ppl!

[This message has been edited by evl1312 (edited 01-14-2007 @ 11:36 AM).]

KalAstar
Dúnadan
posted 01-14-07 02:11 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12       

Quote:

Welcome to BFME2 Heaven, KalAstar.
While many modders are busy on their own projects, they usually are too busy to make mods from other people. I'll consider it, once I make my Gladiator Map and my Dol Amroth map. (sneak peek for anyone who didnn't know what I was doing)

However, I could try to get you started in modding.... If you wanted to

ooo Dol Amroth

may you have great speed and skill in making your maps!

as for getting into moding, aside from perhaps geting into moding armor or attack damage etc i cant mod...tried and failed to do other things like skins and such :/ im more of an "idea man"

Quote:

Scouring of the shire is already a mod that puts hobbits in the game, although it isnt complete

is that so? i gotta see it!

Quote:

very interesting....but if you say they are weakest faction,who will want to play as them??

My answer to this is noobz.Yes only the freshest of noobs will want to play as hoobits.I might try it out because your idea is very interesting.If i win ill play with them more,but most likely i will lose horribally.

This is just what im saying.

Oh,and welcome to Bfme2HG

note that i detailed ways to help the hoobits along, they may have weak units in my detail, but they are much like Orcs in my post, with added things.

on the other hand Hobbits did well in the Battle of Bywater, we could base them a bit off that if we wanted...though that was only against "Ruffiens"

DevilsWarrior
Dúnadan
(id: evl1312)
posted 01-14-07 02:18 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
Yes,hobbits are like orc and thats it,just orcs.Some orcs are stronger than hobbits.I think hobbits are just gonna be just like Mordor,except much weaker

I love my girl.She gets me through the day.
You will never truly know even your best of friends
Come play with me onXbox live. Help me pwn ppl!
KalAstar
Dúnadan
posted 01-14-07 02:32 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
one must remember that the idea i presented is hardly set in any way

even as it is the Hobbits would be different from Mordor, as the Hobbits would have things that Orcs dont, and Mordor also has other types of units for its own play stile. though the Orcs would share the Hobbits "quickness" Goblins also have a bit of this quick play, but no one says Goblins and Mordor are the same...

MR ANCALAGON
Dúnadan
posted 01-14-07 08:09 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12       

Quote:

i cant mod...tried and failed to do other things like skins and such :/ im more of an "idea man"

Ah, but you didn't belong to HG then, did you...

If you needed help, I'll be happy to help, {IP} would probably help you if you wanted, but they're a bit harsh towards newbies at times...

Tom8778 would be great to talk to, and check out the3rdage.net.

I realize that you probably will continue to be an idea man, though..

Beserkidiot
Dúnadan
posted 01-15-07 11:58 AM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
yeah {IP} will be able to do as u wish(well the guys that hav nothin to do might---i wont help u :P) but i think blackshaddow was makin a hobbit map before he left {Ip} not sure whether its done tho...looked good with pony riders and elephants and fireworks....

P.S ancalagon is tom8778 in {IP}? i was just wonderin

MR ANCALAGON
Dúnadan
posted 01-15-07 12:35 PM EDT (US)     11 / 12       

Quote:

P.S ancalagon is tom8778 in {IP}? i was just wonderin

I think he's KingTom. I don't know though.
KalAstar
Dúnadan
posted 01-17-07 00:31 AM EDT (US)     12 / 12       

Quote:

Ah, but you didn't belong to HG then, did you...

If you needed help, I'll be happy to help, {IP} would probably help you if you wanted, but they're a bit harsh towards newbies at times...

Tom8778 would be great to talk to, and check out the3rdage.net.

I realize that you probably will continue to be an idea man, though..

no i didnt <_<

i shall be thinking about doing this, but i indeed think im going back to just being an idea man...

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames