You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods)
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Blatant

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods) » Waterfalls
Bottom
Topic Subject:Waterfalls
rhinochunks
Dúnadan
posted 01-02-07 07:25 PM EDT (US)         
I have a map with a waterfall that poors into a river. What is a good way to add steam and to make the water rougher at the base of the waterfall? Also, how can i add fog to a certain area of a map?

Thanks in advance.

AuthorReplies:
MR ANCALAGON
Dúnadan
(id: Ancalagon_4554)
posted 01-02-07 07:31 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Sorry to all three. All are not possible. You can't add fog to one area of the map, but you can add it to all areas through simple .ini.

Lightbulb moment: If you know .ini fairly well, you can reprogram an object to give off an emissive glow fairly like fog. Replacing the DRAW module should do it...

I wouldn't recommend learning .ini just to do this, though.

jbv3737
Dúnadan
posted 01-03-07 01:02 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
once again Ancalagon_4554 yuour wrong on all 3, all of this is verry possible and easy.

there are 3 objects that do just that a steamy FX and a fogy FX

go to the objects:
ByNativetype > Coivilian > MISC_NATURAL > WtrflHaze and WtrflSteam (Wtrfl means WATER FALL)

i forget which is which but one gives off a light fogy haze ( maybe the haze one.)
and the other gives off a thick blueish watery steam, if you place it at the end of the waterfall it looks like water is splashing.

Dont forget to add LakeCoast01-03 before and after the waterfall.

for the fog on the map its easy. there are several type of fog emmiters on world builder
i forget which one exaxtly it may be AtmoClouds in
ByNativetype > Coivilian > MISC_NATURAL

INSANEsameri
Dúnadan
posted 01-03-07 01:17 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
OOH

That was painful

Sorry i shall go to where i belong.... away from the modding

NOTE!!!! IGNORE ABOVE POST!!!!!!!!!

If you read above post you release insanesameri from any charges or lawsuits.

THE INSANESAMERI HAS SPOKEN
MR ANCALAGON
Dúnadan
(id: Ancalagon_4554)
posted 01-03-07 05:50 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
I knew that there was a way that must've done it. I've never done watefalls before, so I don't really don't know that much about them. I didn't know there was that object.
rhinochunks
Dúnadan
posted 01-09-07 00:29 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
I tried putting those in and they didn't work, atleast the wtrflSteam and wtrflHaze. It didn't change the map at all.
jbv3737
Dúnadan
posted 01-09-07 01:58 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
they will not apear if your graphics/LOD are set to low, try looking at it when ur grahpics are set to medium/high. i am asuming that they are set to low...
rhinochunks
Dúnadan
posted 01-10-07 08:52 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
My graphics were on medium. I changed them to Ultra High, so i should be able to see everything...But for some reason the WtrflHaze isn't showing up. I can't seem to get AtmoCoulds to show up either. I also have a problem where I lay down more trees and trees in different areas begin to disappear.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames