You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods)
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Blatant

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods) » Is it compulsory that you have 3D studio max to import your own skin/animation into the game?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Is it compulsory that you have 3D studio max to import your own skin/animation into the game?
devilhunterred
Dúnadan
posted 06-03-06 06:59 AM EDT (US)         
Question.

Is there a subsitute software that does the same job as 3D studio max that i can just download for free?

AuthorReplies:
QuantumMechanic
Dúnadan
posted 06-03-06 08:01 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Yes! Try Steven Glanville's Anim8or. It's free, easy to master (as such programmes go), largely glitch-free as far as I know and quite fun to use. You can get it from www.anim8or.com very easily. Although I haven't actually tried using my Anim8or models in BFME II yet, I know that you can import and export the objects you create as .3ds files.

~ Signature closed for refurbishment ~

BILL POSTERS WILL BE PROSECUTED

[This message has been edited by QuantumMechanic (edited 06-03-2006 @ 08:02 AM).]

Blood Phoenix
Redshirt
posted 06-04-06 07:06 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
I would suggest looking into gmax, as that is an excellent free downgrade version of 3D Studio Max. Also it is the only program in which you can get a plugin to export .w3d files.

B L O O D P H O E N I X
Lurking at HG since 2004
devilhunterred
Dúnadan
posted 06-04-06 08:14 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
thanks a lot guys
Blood Phoenix
Redshirt
posted 06-04-06 09:06 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
No problem. If you have any more questions feel free to ask (Though if you remember, try to keep them all in one thread next time) .

B L O O D P H O E N I X
Lurking at HG since 2004
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames