You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods)
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Blatant

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.No replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods) » How do you keep the AI from entering certain areas?
Bottom
Topic Subject:How do you keep the AI from entering certain areas?
WKDClown01
Dúnadan
posted 05-31-06 04:11 PM EDT (US)         
I am working on a map that you need to defend something, and I only want the AI to attack the area on or around that something.. what I DON'T want them to do, is attack the areas AROUND it.. IE: Player fortresses, buildings.. etc..

I have tried using the following set of scripts:

Spawn UNIT at WAYPOINT
named UNIT follows WAYPOINT PATH EXACTLY
If TEAM (that the units are on) enters AREA, ATTACK AREA
- now, they will attack that area to a certain degree if left as *DISABLE UPON COMPLETION (of script) but, they still wander if something is too close to the area..
- so, I tried this, I selected the script of ATTACK AREA to NOT Disable upon completion..

That causes the AI to do just about whatever they want.. they go right for the fortresses..

I am at a loss after 4 days of different combinations.. there is a script to keep human players from entering an area, but, how do I keep the AI from entering an area?? Or what would be the proper scripting to make these dummys go where I want em to, and ONLY where I want em to?

*There are MULTIPLE targets in the "AREA" so, scripting them to attack a target won't work.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames