You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods)
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Blatant

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods) » b4me2 new ini.files
Bottom
Topic Subject:b4me2 new ini.files
Roaringlion
Dúnadan
posted 05-30-06 10:11 AM EDT (US)         
Hello To all

anybady know where i can find a guide how to edit the new ini.big file of b4me2.
Wall i knew how to edit the first one( of the first game)
but the new one is abit difrnt.
I learn a few thing from the new ini.big But i still need alittle help.
So if anyone know were i can find a tutorial or something, that wuold be great..

AuthorReplies:
Blood Phoenix
Redshirt
posted 05-30-06 11:51 AM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Hello there, welcome to BFME2H!
Is there anything in perticular you are struggling with? Were up for answering any specific questions. Guide wise... theres not much on the "ins and outs" of INI coding here yet as I'm still working on them, however you can probably find some good ones at The Third Age.
I'd advise if you already have some INI knowledge, is to work at it and then when you have questions to come here and ask them. Were always here to help you out .

B L O O D P H O E N I X
Lurking at HG since 2004
QuantumMechanic
Dúnadan
posted 05-30-06 12:22 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
Just mess about a bit with it. Sometimes trial and error is the best way to find out about something like this. Start off with files that contain commands like the ones you already know, use that to figure out what the new code means, and just gradually expand your knowledge that way. Other than that, just do what Blood Phoenix said!

~ Signature closed for refurbishment ~

BILL POSTERS WILL BE PROSECUTED

Roaringlion
Dúnadan
posted 05-30-06 02:45 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Hello again and thx you for your quick replays

Well,i wuold like to do is:

1-How to edit the existing herous, like aragorn, if i whant to add him a hourse, if theres any way we can do that?

2-The spell book is a bit diffret ,in the first i as able to change the relod time of the abilities. but in the new one i only found the way to change the herous spaicel abilities relod time.not the spell book itself.I just cant find thats.

3-The dwarf mine shaft.whare can i change the money amont?, i look every where, in first i thought that the money amont fuond in the goblin section, but it was not there.

well, thats it for now..
Thanx again

QuantumMechanic
Dúnadan
posted 05-31-06 05:46 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
There are two ways to find what you're after. First, you could open the ini file in notepad and run a search for suitable words. Don't save it from here, or it corrupts!
Secondly, you could extract the file and run a similar search through the folders. This means you know the name of the file, but clutters up the C drive a bit.

Almost everything concerning statistics such as costs is in gamedata.ini, so that's probably your best bet for the mine shaft costs.

~ Signature closed for refurbishment ~

BILL POSTERS WILL BE PROSECUTED

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames