You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods)
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Blatant

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods) » Help: How do you install mods on this game?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Help: How do you install mods on this game?
devilhunterred
Dúnadan
posted 05-21-06 09:47 AM EDT (US)         
I dont quite understand the whole INI and .BIG files thing. Can anyone please explian to me step by step in details?

Also, is it true you can only have one mod installed for this game each time.

Seems to me comparing with Empire at War this game is very unfriendly to modders. EAW all you need to do is create an XML file and you can basically put any mods you want there and it works.

AuthorReplies:
Aeneas2
Dúnadan
posted 05-21-06 10:20 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
Try the World Builder/Game Mod forum.

Moved.

Aeneas l BFME2 Heaven l WiC Heaven
"The most important thing is to remember to have fun! After all, what else could be the point of nuking your friends?" - Cheesewiz

[This message has been edited by Aeneas2 (edited 05-21-2006 @ 10:40 AM).]

merting
Banned
posted 05-21-06 10:21 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
How you make a map?
Blood Phoenix
Redshirt
posted 05-21-06 04:32 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Hello and welcome to BFME2H!
I've previously wrote a guid on how to install modifications, which can be found here! It should cover everything you need to know on installing these modifications, and the ways they work.
Also BFME2 is excellent for modding! EaW has its good points, however BFME2s engine has history with other games such as "Command and Conquer Generals" and of course, BFME1. A lot is known about the modifying of it, so theres already huge expertise in it. Its extremly easy to mod this game, as soon as you understand the way .BIG files work. I guide explaining this can be found here!
Make sure to ask us if you have any more questions, and good luck with your modifiying!

B L O O D P H O E N I X
Lurking at HG since 2004
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames