You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods)
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Blatant

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods) » Question : How to make multiple custom heroes in a single player campaign
Bottom
Topic Subject:Question : How to make multiple custom heroes in a single player campaign
TFlame
Dúnadan
posted 05-13-06 09:09 PM EDT (US)         
Hi -

I'm working on a single player mission (The Kinslaying at Aqualonde, to be specific) where I will need custom heroes with different names than those built into the game. Can someone tip me into how to at the very least, use some of the character models in the game i.e. Haldir yet change their names in game? Thanks!

AuthorReplies:
Pulkit
Dúnadan
posted 05-14-06 03:14 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
I believe that can be done using map.ini. In Gladiator Underworld (and its sequel) by jbv3737, he wrote a lengthy code to modify the appearance, skills and powers of three game heroes. I don't know about the name, perhaps it may require deeper modding.

This, I suppose, is the only way to add custom heroes: modify existing game heroes.
Hope someone else answers you, but till then you should give the map.ini files of the above mentioned maps a read.

Tales of Middle-Earth | Don't miss it
Victor von Doom
Dúnadan
posted 05-14-06 08:41 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
To change the name play around with lotr.str. You can find it in lang -> englishpatch 1.03 or something like that.

Victor von Doom
Winner of the Boromir Award
jbv3737
Dúnadan
posted 05-21-06 02:51 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
you can change the names very easly in the ini object you are working on, and u can create bran new child objects in ini.files by just over ridding nonused objects.

for mods u can create entire new objects and complete names,

but for mod maps a map.str.file can not make a bran new name. instead just rename display name in the ini object you will get a "MISSING:name" but it will be new lol.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames