You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods)
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Blatant

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods) » Out Of Sync Problem With New Map
Bottom
Topic Subject:Out Of Sync Problem With New Map
WKDClown01
Dúnadan
posted 05-06-06 01:52 PM EDT (US)         
I was wondering what the possible causes could be with an OOS problem with my new Hero-Survival map.

I do not use custom heros.. however the heros are pre-selected and have custom powers.

Anyone have this problem with their maps and/or have any Ideas?? Thank you in advance... H E L P !!!

Could the OOS be caused by too many scripts being executed at one time?

[This message has been edited by WKDClown01 (edited 05-06-2006 @ 11:01 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
PestControl
Dúnadan
posted 05-07-06 04:01 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
1. Someone do not have a fresh map.ini
2. Much scripts executed at same time, this cause crash if played vs slower connections, comps, as this comps make a wrong in executing the scripts earlier, which will desynchrome the game. (It isn't sure this one happens in this way, but quite sure)
(example: the moria map of alexyz)
WKDClown01
Dúnadan
posted 05-07-06 09:47 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
I do have alot of scripts executed all at once, at given intervals, so I will have to change the set up of the map then.. break down the scripts to execute at seperate intervals, maybe 8 at a time as opposed to 40 or more..lol
jbv3737
Dúnadan
posted 05-12-06 09:37 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
Ea games has fix all glitches but corrupt ini.files which they probly dont plan to fix because their all noobs.

Out of Synch is caused by players having different ini.files,
ini.files are the part of the game that makes units have there abilities, attack and armor the images everything in the game that needs to be put in place. the ini.file puts it there.

It goes out of synch because 2 or more players donít match each others ini.files, how is this? By playing a game like ringwars, or gladaitor underworld, or any map that changes and has a ini.file

How do you fix it?
You must restart your bfme2 game, anyone that has a bad ini.file, and if you donít restart Every game you play will be at risk of going out of synch unless the person(s) your playing with has the same changed ini.file as you do

so in summary, after playing this map and then you want to play another map you must restart your bfme2 game or else it There is a High Risk of it going out of synch and ending the game.

If you have clean ini.file but others don't that join your game, ask them questions like what maps did you play before this? Or Did you go out of synch last game?
if they say none, or just a few normal maps, then they are clean, and kick the ones that arenít clean.

this problem out of synch will only get worse and worse as more players build more maps,

I my self i am decideing to leave bfme2 if they do not fix this by patch 1.04

PestControl
Dúnadan
posted 05-13-06 04:02 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
are you sure it is only the map.ini?
By looking to my maps pvp tower wars and maze tower wars it seems that there is more:
If 1 unit is not exactly at same place on all PC's it seems to go OOS immidiately.

It even goes OOS somethimes when all restart the game and play the map.

And why a map like moria (alexyz) goes out of sync so often without a map.ini?

jbv3737
Dúnadan
posted 05-21-06 02:46 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
man that was long ago lol, no i re-advise ea has not fixed script oos but the main couse is ini.files and pest control i know for a fact that ur maps can't possible lag much because they lack so much detail, no offence ofcourse.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames