You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods)
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Blatant

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods) » Mods in Worldbuilder?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Mods in Worldbuilder?
Illuvatar
Dúnadan
posted 10-26-14 09:26 AM EDT (US)         
Hello everyone! I'm currently on a quest to find a way to use mod changes (Units, structures, powers, heroes etc.) in the worldbuilder to create the BfME scenarios of my dreams. However, I've so far been completely unsucessfull in finding a way to do this hence why I've come here with a determinded mind to ask for your assistance in this cause. Anyways now when the purpose of this new thread is dealt with, let's get down to buissness.

So the mod I have in mind is RJ's RotWK for clarification (I'm sure you've all heard of it but a link will be posted below) and I've searched most pages that I could think of (This page and the third age page) that have reliable information and a lot of it, yet still nothing that I think can work. The thing that I *have* found is this: http://www.the3rdage.net/item-572?addview

From what I've read it's supposed to make you able to place units and the like from a mod into the worldbuilder. For the units themselves to work you play the game with the mod enabled.The file here is said to only work on BfME2 and not RotWK.

I've tried to follow the author's instructions on how to install the file and use it but in RotWK instead of BfME2. Sadly I've been unsuccessful. I'm guessing that I got something wrong and would like someone else to try to use it to see if it was only me who did something wrong or that it really doesn't work for RotWK.

So that's basically where I stand at the moment and I appreciate and am thankful for any help or thoughts posted below.

- Illúvatar

http://www.moddb.com/mods/rj-rotwk
AuthorReplies:
Tacalmo
Dúnadan
posted 12-01-14 09:40 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
How do you even get world builder?
Blatant
DoFH Seraph & Director of Seraphs
(id: blatant7)
posted 12-12-14 03:51 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
World Builder is automatically installed with the game, I believe. You should be able to access it via the folder where the game is installed.

As for the topic post, I'm by no means an expert in modding, but I think this mod in particular uses units/textures/data that is unique to RoTWK, making it incompatible with vanilla BfME2. The mod decription seems to support this.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson

[This message has been edited by Blatant (edited 12-12-2014 @ 03:56 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames