You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods)
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Blatant

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods) » Please help!! I am new to this
Bottom
Topic Subject:Please help!! I am new to this
oddball21
Dúnadan
posted 01-27-13 10:04 PM EDT (US)         
I am a big fan of this game. However I am sick of playing the same maps. I went to try and download some of your guys replays and custom maps however after I have downloaded the file, my computer is confused on what program to run it in. Can someone tell me what program to get to be able to watch your guys replays AND how to download the custom maps on here.

Do these maps work on the Battle for Middle Earth II Expansion ( Witch King ) or just the normal II? I have the Expansion. Please help!
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven Forums Replays Please help!! I am new to thisTop
AuthorReplies:
Jokuc
Dúnadan
posted 02-22-13 08:11 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
For the replays:

1. Copy the replay file to the Replays folder in your Battle For Middle Earth 2 folder. The Replay folder is different in Windows XP and Windows Vista/Windows 7.

--- For Windows XP the Replays folder can be found in - C:\Documents and Settings\[yourname]\Application Data\My Battle for Middle-earth(tm) II Files\Replays

--- For Windows Vista or Windows 7 the Replays folder can be found in - C:\User\User Name\App Data\Roaming\BfME2 Files\Replays

Both of above folders are hidden folders, which means they won't show up if you look for them. On Windows 7 you can press on the Windows button on your keyboard, or the start button on your desktop and then type %Appdata% to find the hidden folder Roaming which "BfME2 Files" will be located inside.

2. Start your game, go to Multiplayer-> Replays. The replay you've just downloaded should be now available for you to watch.

To download a map here you go to the download section http://bfme2.heavengames.com/downloads/lister.php?category=skirmishes
Pick a map you'd like to download and look at the info. It will tell you if the map is playable for both RotWK and BFME2 or not. Press to download. Unzip the file and put the folder in

--- For Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\[yourname]\Application Data\My Battle for Middle-earth(tm) II Files\Maps

--- For Windows Vista or Windows 7 - C:\User\[yourname]\App Data\Roaming\BfME2 Files\Maps
oddball21
Dúnadan
posted 03-10-13 00:27 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
I really appreciate you replying. You are the first person to reply to any of my posts. I have Windows 8, new machine. There is no option to un zip it at all. When i double click on each of the icons after i press save, it just opens in notepad and gives me random info on the file . some icons i open say there is no program i have to run it. I really don't think this is a Windows 8 problem. Again no option to un zip anything. just says it is a compressed file.

[This message has been edited by oddball21 (edited 03-10-2013 @ 00:35 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames