You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods)
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Blatant

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods) » Just can't get my custom map to show up
Bottom
Topic Subject:Just can't get my custom map to show up
wayner396
Dúnadan
posted 11-13-08 11:23 AM EDT (US)         
I've created a castle defence game following the great instructions from this sight. Everything worked just like you said it would... except I've tried everything to get my custom map to show up in my game and it's just not showing up.

I have windows vista, it is in the data file, under maps, under the folder of the same name as my game with the user maps tab clicked on.

Can anybody help me to get this to work. I wanted to finally be able to play some new maps with my friends over my LAN.

Thank you for any help that you can offer.
AuthorReplies:
Might Of Grond
Dúnadan
posted 11-13-08 11:46 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
Ok, first up, WELCOME to BFME2H, although by the sound of it you know quite a bit already.

Unfortunatly, I don't have vista but there should be no difference. Now, it sounds like the file is located correctly so I think it is probably to do with the map itself.

Just check that you have added the skirmish players (Edit, Edit player list, Add skirmish players, Ok)and that you have two waypoints put down that are the Player_1_Start and Player_2_Start waypoints (player 1 start selected from the scroll down menu etc).

The custom map should then be found in the skirmish maps section with a hammer by the side of it.

Unless of course you are trying to add a custom map by INI into the game, in which case it is a lot more complex, but I'm not sure if you are doing that.

Hope this helps

Does my bum look big in this? Stop staring at my face.
wayner396
Dúnadan
posted 11-13-08 06:58 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Thank you so much for your help. I never was able to get that first map i was working on to work(no idea why), but your advice really did help when it came to getting my 2nd and 3rd maps to work.

Since it's a castle defence, do you know how to get a gate to open and close and auto repair? I can't find the option or object to make a gate(helms deep to be presise) to open and close.
Crusard
Dúnadan
posted 11-14-08 09:10 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
You can open maps.ini with finalbig and see what gate object EA used for Helms Deep. (I'd do it myself but I won't have access to my comp for the weekend).

You can also do it the experimental way. I think there were two functional gates for helm's deep, one of them called "Helms Deep Gate Big" or something like that, just place all the gates you find in the object list on a test map and see which of them works.

There's many non-functional gates in the object list. One of them for example does open and close, but is indestructible (again, can't remember the name, sorry :P)

Also, remember to set the gate to be owned by the right player.

[This message has been edited by Crusard (edited 11-14-2008 @ 09:10 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames