You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods)
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Blatant

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.33 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods) » World Builder
Bottom
Topic Subject:World Builder
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
U_Spawn_U
Dúnadan
posted 02-04-06 04:29 AM EDT (US)         
I never used the BFME editor, so I was just wondring what people think this one will be like

U_Spawn_U - Think About It
AuthorReplies:
Elven Slayer
Dúnadan
posted 02-04-06 05:49 AM EDT (US)     1 / 33       
i reckon it will be better and easier to use than the 1st BFME World builder, i reckon it will have extra units, building, landscapes etc
Echuu
Nazgûl
(id: Master Echuu)
posted 02-05-06 00:55 AM EDT (US)     2 / 33       
I've been waiting for a game with fantasy elements such as this to design with. AOM didn't cut it for me. I have never played the first BFME, so can anyway tell me if the world builder is able to make RPG-like games, or is it restricted to scenarios that have the games playing style?
Bendak
Dúnadan
posted 02-05-06 05:00 AM EDT (US)     3 / 33       
The World Builder of BFME1 was a very different than the SWGB scenario editor. You had to use scripts instead of triggers.

An RPG is possible, (there a couple simple ones) but not to an extent like SWGB. Things that required simple triggering in SWGB are alot harder in the World Builder. Also, map designing is alot more difficult because you have a 3D map, but if you do it right, you can build cities like Minas Tirith (like the Gondolin map ).

B e n d e r s . . . 2004

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub
Sandro The Wicke
Dúnadan
posted 02-05-06 09:26 AM EDT (US)     4 / 33       
how difficult will it be? I've tried the first one and it lagged like Hell (sorry for the overreaction, but I was dissappointed by it) or will it be simpler like the one in AoM for example?

SANDRO THE WICKE
/\/}{The Broken One}{\/\
A Mind Shattered Upon Time As The Fragments Of Sharpened Stone Upon Darkened Void
{|What Is Wisdom Not But What We Make It To Be|}...
TTWDD|Current Sites|PSD
Shot 1 Shot 2 Shot 3|Best Eyecandy Shots|Shot 4 Shot 5 Shot 6
Bendak
Dúnadan
posted 02-05-06 09:36 AM EDT (US)     5 / 33       
Almost the same.

B e n d e r s . . . 2004

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub
One_Dead_Angel
Seraph in Absentia
(id: One_Dead_Villy)
posted 02-05-06 06:31 PM EDT (US)     6 / 33       
christopher6049
Dúnadan
posted 02-05-06 11:09 PM EDT (US)     7 / 33       
hopefully it will be easier to control.

Some things are misplaced not lost.
ROCK ON
Reggeton sucks, rap is crap, and R&B has no point.
Sith Dark Lord
Dúnadan
posted 02-13-06 02:07 PM EDT (US)     8 / 33       
An RPG should be easier to make in B4ME 2 because of 2 things: The Hero editor and the already built in Ranking system. If it is possible, the player who is gonna play can make a Hero, it is automaticly put in the game. Then the built in ranking system and powers will make the RPG progress without many trigs to put in.

Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villan. You are all things, Revan. But you belong to neither the Light nor the Darkness. - Darth Malak
Darth Revan, Dark Lord of the Sith, One who is neither Light or Dark

Zone Name: DLS_DarthRevan4

Xantos302
Dúnadan
posted 02-15-06 05:14 PM EDT (US)     9 / 33       
I didn't think the AOM editor was that hard to use. the only hard part was the Cinematics.Empire Earth had a very hard editor. I never really understood it.

"Oh my goodness, that's one big piece of *splat*" Eowyn said as she rode under a Mumak during The Battle of Pellenor Fields while looking up.
One_Dead_Angel
Seraph in Absentia
(id: One_Dead_Villy)
posted 02-15-06 10:09 PM EDT (US)     10 / 33       
Sith Dark Lord
Dúnadan
posted 02-15-06 10:13 PM EDT (US)     11 / 33       
EEs editor was extreamly difficult. The best editor i have seen would either be the AOK/SWGB or the AOM one.

Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villan. You are all things, Revan. But you belong to neither the Light nor the Darkness. - Darth Malak
Darth Revan, Dark Lord of the Sith, One who is neither Light or Dark

Zone Name: DLS_DarthRevan4

Xantos302
Dúnadan
posted 02-16-06 07:52 PM EDT (US)     12 / 33       
The create a hero looks pretty easy. all you do is say what they are, what they look like, and then you give them stats and powers. All I hope is that the world builder is like AOM's. I hope you can alter units stats in the Editor.

"Oh my goodness, that's one big piece of *splat*" Eowyn said as she rode under a Mumak during The Battle of Pellenor Fields while looking up.
Sandro The Wicke
Dúnadan
posted 02-17-06 09:42 PM EDT (US)     13 / 33       
well, I'd prefer better scripting and triggering, you know quest vars, and the techtreex with protox from Aom: TT...

SANDRO THE WICKE
/\/}{The Broken One}{\/\
A Mind Shattered Upon Time As The Fragments Of Sharpened Stone Upon Darkened Void
TTWDD|Current Sites|PSD
Xantos302
Dúnadan
posted 02-18-06 08:58 PM EDT (US)     14 / 33       
In AOM:TT I never understood what Quest Var is. I built a couple scenarios but never showed them. Mostly I downloaded scenarios from HeavenGames .

Kester
Seraph Emeritus
posted 02-18-06 09:17 PM EDT (US)     15 / 33       
I've never played AOM or used its map editor, but after all this discussion, I'm very curious.

.--.- Kester -.--.
-.--.- deviations .--. flickr .--. gamertag -.--.-
.--.- if (Kester.says("Zen! Get online")) { zen.status("online") } -.--.
Sandro The Wicke
Dúnadan
posted 02-18-06 10:46 PM EDT (US)     16 / 33       
you should probably study everything there is to know before actually starting to experiment, I studied them for four years since I was 9 to even understand the basic features of triggering and so on, now I'm 16, great at making eyecandy and making quest vars, like randomize and give specific things that should happen via a code...

SANDRO THE WICKE
/\/}{The Broken One}{\/\
TTWDD|Current Sites|PSD
Kester
Seraph Emeritus
posted 02-18-06 11:24 PM EDT (US)     17 / 33       
I found the World Builder for the first BFME confusing, but I didn't spend much time with it. I decided to save my time for the new one.

I'm used to the Stronghold editors, which are quite a bit different.

.--.- Kester -.--.
Takk
Dúnadan
(id: Luke_Feanor)
posted 02-19-06 05:51 AM EDT (US)     18 / 33       
That preview by ODA looks very encouraging. I never played BFME, so it'll be interesting to see how difficult this scripting language is.

Lucas is boss.
Sandro The Wicke
Dúnadan
posted 02-19-06 09:21 AM EDT (US)     19 / 33       
it's (~!~censored~!~) near impossible to do unless you've had previous scripting experience...

SANDRO THE WICKE
/\/}{The Broken One}{\/\
TTWDD|Current Sites|PSD
Xantos302
Dúnadan
posted 02-22-06 06:31 PM EDT (US)     20 / 33       
another thing about AOM's editor. in most of the scenarios I downloaded that had eye candy they had buildings tilted on their side. I could never figure out how to do that.
In BFME2's editor I plan on building a Last Alliance scenario.

Sandro The Wicke
Dúnadan
posted 02-22-06 08:15 PM EDT (US)     21 / 33       
it's quite simple, you click on the main button between placing units and deleting them, there's a button that could move everything, if you haven't figured that out, then it would be near impossible for you to make the bfme 2 editor work...

SANDRO THE WICKE
/\/}{The Broken One}{\/\
TTWDD|Current Sites|PSD
Pulkit
Dúnadan
posted 02-23-06 09:00 AM EDT (US)     22 / 33       
Come on, Sandro, be encouraging. Don't dishearten the others even before they've seen the editor! If it's difficult, you should rather encourage them to check it out and try their best in mastering it. Infact, since you know the editor very well, I would recommend making useful tutorials on the World Builder once the game is out!

Tales of Middle-Earth | Don't miss it
Sandro The Wicke
Dúnadan
posted 02-23-06 05:33 PM EDT (US)     23 / 33       
discourage?!!!! Have you ever seen the editor? I guess not, I'm not trying to be negative or something, but just realistic, if someone doesn't know how to work a nuclear reactor, would you encourage him to even if it was a matter of life or death???

SANDRO THE WICKE
/\/}{The Broken One}{\/\
TTWDD|Current Sites|PSD
Kester
Seraph Emeritus
posted 02-23-06 09:46 PM EDT (US)     24 / 33       
I'm curious as to the size of the manual for the new editor. How long was the last one? 100 pages? Maybe closer to 20.

I'm sure we will want to have some more basic how-to's on how to use it.

.--.- Kester -.--.
Pulkit
Dúnadan
posted 02-24-06 01:49 AM EDT (US)     25 / 33       

Quote:

discourage?!!!! Have you ever seen the editor? I guess not, I'm not trying to be negative or something, but just realistic, if someone doesn't know how to work a nuclear reactor, would you encourage him to even if it was a matter of life or death???

Ofcourse, I haven't, or else I'd be sharing your opinion. Well, I meant that the person has to first learn how to work a nuclear reactor, before getting busy on it. You see, the point is to inform people of the difficulty of the editor, rather than scare them off. Ofcourse we'll need guides and tutorials to learn even the basics, but with experience and practice everything can be learned! Weren't the Argonath crafted by hands of people? Wasn't Mount Doom scaled without food or water or good non-toxic air? Even you after all the years have learnt the editor. It'll take time, and lot's of patience and help ofcourse. Afterall, Numenor wasn't built in a day.

Tales of Middle-Earth | Don't miss it
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames