You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Prancing Pony
Moderated by Sir Hugh, EnemyofJupitor, Atzy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.28 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Prancing Pony » Happy Valentines Day!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Happy Valentines Day!
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 02-14-11 12:21 PM EDT (US)         
As above. Have a good one with your loved one this year, and discuss any plans you have/have done. On the slightly safer assumption that the fact we're checking this internet forum on this particular date, we nominate someone to be thrown to the lions.

Alternatively, write hilarious love poetry to each other. Go!

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
AuthorReplies:
Drakontos
Dúnadan
posted 02-14-11 12:59 PM EDT (US)     1 / 28       
Happy Valentines Day, EoJ. On account of the fact that I am single and in a foreign country, I have done absolutely nothing of note today.

As you can see, I have indeed checked the forum. I nominate Arvy to be thrown to the lions, because he seems to have refused to join the revolution. I am amenable to change my mind.

PROCRASTINATE NOT JAMAIS ARRIERE
The Great Monty
Dúnadan
(id: Monty501)
posted 02-14-11 01:08 PM EDT (US)     2 / 28       
Happy day after Valentines Day everyone! Since there are so many New Zealanders here, that we should change the forum time to New Zealand time just to approve the masses!

I will fight for Total War Heaven.

Will You?
Herr Heir
Dúnadan
(id: Heir of Elessar)
posted 02-14-11 01:20 PM EDT (US)     3 / 28       
What if your loved one lives halfway across the world and doesn't love you back?

In an not completely unrelated note, I listened to the Breaking of the Fellowship from the LotR soundtrack for the first time after having it on my iPod for 3 years. OH. MY. GOD. IT. IS. BEAUTIFUL.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
The Great Monty
Dúnadan
posted 02-14-11 01:33 PM EDT (US)     4 / 28       
Don't worry. It's not stalking if you love them.

Will You?
Herr Heir
Dúnadan
posted 02-14-11 01:49 PM EDT (US)     5 / 28       
She isn't active enough on the internet for what I do to actually qualify as stalking.

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

The Great Monty
Dúnadan
posted 02-14-11 02:08 PM EDT (US)     6 / 28       
That's a shame.

Will You?
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 02-15-11 04:15 AM EDT (US)     7 / 28       
I nominate Arvy to be thrown to the lions, because he seems to have refused to join the revolution.
Wait, what? What revolution?

Also, lololol my Valentine's Day. To quote what I told a friend on AIM earlier...
No cards, no candy. I actually was interested in giving someone else stuff and asking them to be my Valentine, but one, I was too scared, and two, she's interested in someone else. So I didn't, which makes me very sad. And when I got home, I finally bought Sigh No More. So I spent my time eating chocolate and listening to sad songs and crying until about 3, when I fell asleep crying. On top of all of this, I am starving because I didn't eat lunch despite having enough money because I like to starve myself because I feel I deserve the pain. So pretty par for the course, you know?
The sad part is, the friend I was telling this to, she's the one I wanted to ask. But she doesn't like me. She still loves her ex, who she broke up with under sad circumstances, and it breaks my heart, but I still like her. And it makes me happy to like her but it kills me inside.

And what I told her was around 8:30. After that, I discussed with her and another person how I need to eat and shouldn't starve myself and about hating myself and suicide. And how she wants to know my thoughts but is scared by them because they're suicidal. And I told her how every day after school when I walk to my car, I compose a suicide note in my head, but by the time I get home I cannot bring myself to actually write it down, and how I'm too cowardly to try to kill myself ever again, no matter how much I want to.

And then, I discussed with another friend suicide and how she wants me to get psychiatric help and she's worried about me. How I shouldn't wait. And she told me that she will track me for the next one month and see if my depression is actually better now than it was two months ago, as I claim, or if I am just saying that. And then we talked until 1:30 AM or so about the guy that she likes. Because that guy told her that he likes her and toyed with her for a good long while and then kicked her to the curb and told her that everything was a lie, and now he doesn't even acknowledge her presence, and despite it being months since then, she's still incredibly depressed about it everyday. So we talked for hours about that.

I feel like I actually just described a regular day in my life.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!

[This message has been edited by Arvedui (edited 02-15-2011 @ 04:29 AM).]

Drakontos
Dúnadan
posted 02-15-11 04:31 AM EDT (US)     8 / 28       
The revolution in which I declared we were bringing this heaven back. Which seems to be working!

Drakontos
Dúnadan
posted 02-15-11 04:35 AM EDT (US)     9 / 28       
Also, de acuerdo with regard to being single sucking.

Herr Heir
Dúnadan
posted 02-15-11 10:18 AM EDT (US)     10 / 28       
And at least the girl you wanted to ask out is still single, unlike mine. Worst part is, I actually helped the girl I like (for 8 years this April) make her first boyfriend.

How can you have so many friends to hang around with and still be depressed? Surely that's got to help.

You need happier friends too. If I see that the friend I'm talking to is depressed, I would never talk about my problems.

Suicide isn't an act of bravery, it is an act of cowardice. Each time you fail to convince yourself to commit suicide you're being brave and asking yourself to face another day of whatever it is that depresses you.

Things will always get better. Earlier you didn't have people to hang out with you, now you do. If something is bad, it will always improve. Who knows, you get into a great college and have an even better time there.

I'm sorry if this seems like I'm counseling you without you asking for it, but I had to say all of this.

Old Bachus
Dúnadan
posted 02-15-11 01:56 PM EDT (US)     11 / 28       
I don't have a girlfriend (never have) so Valentine's Day for was pretty much just eating some candy my grandma bought me. What I'd like to know is how a Christian martyr's memorial day ended up little more then a commercial holiday.

Old Bachus, Napoleon of Spam turned half decent forumer
>>Winner of Most Improved AoMH Forumer '09<<
~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
>>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy
Drakontos
Dúnadan
posted 02-15-11 02:19 PM EDT (US)     12 / 28       
Same here, minus both the candy and the grandmother.

When you think about the fact that one of the countries with the highest adherence to Christianity is also the capital of consumerism, it's not that difficult to see, is it?

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 02-15-11 02:40 PM EDT (US)     13 / 28       
Well, Arvy, you've improved over the years from my viewpoint.
You also stopped hanging out on an internet forum! That's definite improvement in anyone's book

Also, the Pony continues its wonderful tradition of being home to the lonely hearts club of HG. But then we're a LotR-themed game, what on earth do you expect?

Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
posted 02-15-11 05:05 PM EDT (US)     14 / 28       
How can you have so many friends to hang around with and still be depressed? Surely that's got to help.
Depression is chemical in the brain. It's not always controlled by outside forces. I cannot control my depression.
Suicide isn't an act of bravery, it is an act of cowardice. Each time you fail to convince yourself to commit suicide you're being brave and asking yourself to face another day of whatever it is that depresses you.
I know this very well. Yet, I still tried, multiple times. Came so close once, too. I was strangling myself and when I collapsed because of lack of oxygen, my arms gave way and the wire became loose and I started breathing again. I didn't have the energy to move my hands back and pull again, or I would have.
Well, Arvy, you've improved over the years from my viewpoint.
I never tried to commit suicide before. I feel I've gotten worse. But better over the last two months, at least.
You also stopped hanging out on an internet forum! That's definite improvement in anyone's book
Quite! Aha.

|
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
Herr Heir
Dúnadan
posted 02-15-11 05:18 PM EDT (US)     15 / 28       
And things like anti-depressants and SSRIs don't help?

Drakontos
Dúnadan
posted 02-15-11 05:23 PM EDT (US)     16 / 28       
...there goes my post-cooking-success feeling of happiness!

You've no doubt heard it all before Arvy, but lots of exercise and keeping busy, out of the house. May help. Does help some people I know.
Ah bollocks I've started going backwards.

Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
posted 02-15-11 05:55 PM EDT (US)     17 / 28       
And things like anti-depressants and SSRIs don't help?
I am not on anti-depressants.
You've no doubt heard it all before Arvy, but lots of exercise and keeping busy, out of the house. May help. Does help some people I know.
I know. It helps me. But I can't do it constantly, and a lot of the time, even when I am out, it doesn't help. I just have a constant feeling of depression.

Oh, well.

|
Drakontos
Dúnadan
posted 02-15-11 06:21 PM EDT (US)     18 / 28       
Where there is a will, there is a way. I'm sure that you can find a way.

TaylorFlame
Lizard the Bard
posted 02-16-11 02:06 AM EDT (US)     19 / 28       
Also, the Pony continues its wonderful tradition of being home to the lonely hearts club of HG. But then we're a LotR-themed game, what on earth do you expect?
So incredibly true. It also explains the massive interest in Hnossa :P

Though thinking back, the time I essentially left the forum coincided pretty well with the rough time when I discovered that for me, getting a girlfriend is pretty easy.

TaylorFlame - The Definitive Man.
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 02-16-11 04:55 AM EDT (US)     20 / 28       
Honestly, surprised it took you so long. I stalk your facebook anyway late at night...

TaylorFlame
Lizard the Bard
posted 02-16-11 07:33 AM EDT (US)     21 / 28       
Honestly, surprised it took you so long. I stalk your facebook anyway late at night...

Stalk away, dear friend, it's why I have one

TaylorFlame - The Definitive Man.
Herr Heir
Dúnadan
posted 02-16-11 10:52 AM EDT (US)     22 / 28       
And I do that to EoJ.

The Best Guest
Dúnadan
posted 02-17-11 05:11 PM EDT (US)     23 / 28       
Happy Valentines day all <3 :D

This is Not A Sig it is a Follow up to a Post
Revora Forums for all your modding needs
TBG (He is ever so slightly more awesome than everyone else for voting now isn't he?)-FOO
BSL Clan
"mods are actually fun girls!"-Jax
The Great Monty
Dúnadan
posted 02-17-11 10:11 PM EDT (US)     24 / 28       
Lol a bit late now.

Will You?
The Best Guest
Dúnadan
posted 02-17-11 10:21 PM EDT (US)     25 / 28       
A guest is never late, nor is he early, he posts exactly when he means to!

This is Not A Sig it is a Follow up to a Post
Revora Forums for all your modding needs
TBG (He is ever so slightly more awesome than everyone else for voting now isn't he?)-FOO
BSL Clan
"mods are actually fun girls!"-Jax
Drakontos
Dúnadan
posted 02-18-11 01:07 PM EDT (US)     26 / 28       
I should hope he doesn't arrive early - that's social unacceptable!

Herr Heir
Dúnadan
posted 02-20-11 04:35 PM EDT (US)     27 / 28       
And potentially hilarious.

Drakontos
Dúnadan
posted 02-23-11 12:35 PM EDT (US)     28 / 28       
Not if you're the host!

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames