You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Create a Hero
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Blatant, Atzy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.16 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Create a Hero » Create-a-heroes. Fix or delete, no compromise.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Create-a-heroes. Fix or delete, no compromise.
RedN0mad
Dúnadan
posted 09-14-06 09:02 PM EDT (US)         
[RANT]

I have a tale of woe to tell.

It begins with myself, a clanmate and two random players in a standard 2v2 earlier today. We rush, (me with Lancers, my mate, orcs) and suddenly my opponent begins to whine like a WW-II Siren. To make matters worse, he also had that bug where everything you say gets repeated twice more...big fun. Anyway, So apparentley I'm a noob, all I can do is rush, i don't know the game blah blah blah blah...etcetcetc.

The only weay to shut him up was to agree to a 1v1 afterward, now, I do a lot of tourney and I noted earlier that his rank was in the 50k so I wasn't very worried. He hosts, I join. here comes the shocker.

4k Resources.
CaH on.
15min No Rush (he insisted)
On Forlindon.

He picked Dwarves.

Now, being an average tourney/cw player (most of the time) I don't have a ready-made ub3r l33t CaH with more glitches and bugs then the original "Windows." So, I pick Mordor, hit random hero and we get going.

The No rush limit (Complete with his babbling) comes and goes and he attacks. He attacks with all the dwarf heroes plus an Elf Archer that can...

Become invisible at a Whim.
Summon Tornados Elrond-Style.
Sniper a Fellbeast out of the air in a similar way to heat-seeking missiles going after a Sesna.

To cut a long (and deeply depressing) story short, I lost. His heroes (being what they were) simply could not be brought down in those numbers, I didn't have a lvl 10 MoS kicking around to sniper anything so I slowly died.

He now won't shut the hell up.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

So, to all you fun people who use and abuse CaH outside of Hero-Duels I have this to say. I wish you a slow and painful exit from this world.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Rushing is part of the game. If you don't like it, join games labelled "No Rush XXmins" or learn to live with it. I can think of fewer more boring activities then sitting about for 15mins whilst my opponent spams hero-tanks.

Spend less time in the damn hero editor and more in the game if you want to be better.

And a final message to EA.
-Great Idea with the CaH.
-Well thought out.
-Shame about the total failure to fit CaH into the rest of the game. They are, in a word, ridiculuous.

[/RANT]

P.S. I may be whining, but it's true, I don't like being verbally abused x3 for 2 games solid by somebody who spent more time in the hero editor than playing the game, then losing for that same reason (Mordor was also a bad choice, to be fair).

Since when did Tornados feature in LotR anyway!?

AuthorReplies:
nosferatu666
Dúnadan
posted 09-15-06 05:31 AM EDT (US)     1 / 16       
hey Red,

sounds like you have a hero-weakness, and don't know the Ultimate CaH. If you research the abilties of CaH you could easely counter hero's,

like a 'hero of the west' with invulnabilty is very effective, 'cause most of the ppl charge him with the worst spells there are, but if he is invulnable.....

also, the speartrow combined with swordsmanship is a very effective hero-killer

the shieldburst is good against packed enamies witch you can kill like they were flies

and this is only hero of the west, there are SO MUCH hero-killing, unit-swapping spells and trichs you can use.

Being a good player means that you can adapt for your oponend, wheter you can rush or not. But, more importantly, being a good player MUST mean you can stand to rushes,

and further more, it is just a game, don't let it go to your head

death is great, why else save it for last?

lol http://world2.monstersgame.nl/?ac=vid&vid=46008793lol

pigelin
Dúnadan
posted 09-15-06 12:47 PM EDT (US)     2 / 16       
First of all: nicely said
I hate all those people that insist on that you are a noob who can't do anything else than rush. Me myself would claim the opposite.

All CaH's don't have weaknesses, because some hacker has made them invincible for infinitive time. They mix powers from different CaH's and they can heal them over and over again. Yes, it has happened to me that a hero archer couldn't die even if I had 4 FU rohirrims + Theoden... He healed himself 9 times in about 1 minute.

A game with no rush limit is most often a game with less skills involved. Players build up their army's and the player with the best late-game/late-units -civ wins. As simple as that

Pigelin and Paronsplit - da mean killing machine
Or, maybe not...

Kester
Seraph Emeritus
posted 09-15-06 04:05 PM EDT (US)     3 / 16       
RedN0mad, I think your mistake was clicking the X ready button to allow the game to start.

It's been so long since I played with a CAH I wouldn't remember what any of the special powers for mine are. When the game first came out I lost a lot of games against a particular player with one particular CAH. Now I don't play any that allow CAH or even ring heroes.

.--.- Kester -.--.
-.--.- deviations .--. flickr .--. gamertag -.--.-
.--.- if (Kester.says("Zen! Get online")) { zen.status("online") } -.--.
nuclearshark
Dúnadan
posted 09-15-06 04:45 PM EDT (US)     4 / 16       
lol sound like you got a kicking Red. No rush games are the best i mean its more nooby(in my opinion)to rush because your enemy has nothing to defend with! But there comes a time when you get stuck in situations like this... You should have smashed that guy easy, Mordor are a way better facton than dwarves for no rush games.(i will now give tips for people who do get stuck in this position)

1 NEVER EVER, EVER PLAY WITH CAH AS THEY ARE VERY BORING! 2. Mordor claims victory in a no rush game by getting lots(and i mean as many as posible) of attack trolls
3. get a hero early on and find a lair. Set yor hero on defence mode by the lair so whenever a troll etc etc... comes out your hero kills it therefore leveling up
4. if possible always get troop upgrades!

O.K i think thats all sorry if i went on a bit and nobody cares but you know... always good for that one time you get in that sticky situation.

Scrat Master
Dúnadan
posted 09-15-06 05:19 PM EDT (US)     5 / 16       
Aaaah, no rush games... Everybody loves to hate 'em. Anyways, mordor aren't that good in late game. What normally happens in no rush games is that 2 people have an army of 73284234928343 upgraded rohhirm (yes, with fire arrows) + theodin fighting against each other. Oh, and it LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGS!!!
He probably used h4x. If so, h3 isn't ub3r 1337.
That's actually quite a good impression of a n00b that speeks l33t.

p.s. My friend says that this game called starcraft (what people in korea play 24/7) is hacked easily or something, so loads of people he plays use map hacks. Is this true? (I've never played starcraft before )

Scrat Master
BFME2H Replay Reviewer

DO NOT CLICK
QuantumMechanic
Dúnadan
posted 09-15-06 05:42 PM EDT (US)     6 / 16       
I enjoy having Create-a-heros in a battle, but I don't like using them online (even though I barely go online at all!) and I avoid the combinations that make it too easy. I recently remade my version of Radagast the Brown by puting down his attack strength and increasing things like vision and replacing Ball Lightning with Truesight. He is nowhere near as powerful as he used to be, but still has his uses and is much more fun to use. It is far too easy to create an overpowered hero. I do not think it should be scrapped, but it did go overboard.

~ Signature closed for refurbishment ~

BILL POSTERS WILL BE PROSECUTED

nosferatu666
Dúnadan
posted 09-16-06 07:56 AM EDT (US)     7 / 16       
i personly like CaH very much, it is true that they are overpowerd but in a full scale attack u need to use him wisely or he won't last that long.

if you want a strong CaH that isn't overpowerd u shouldn't take a wizzard. His curse to make enemies into cow's and to convert them, or teleport them far, far away etc, etc, etc, are way unbalanced. The only thing u can do about it is kill the hero which hasn't as much defense as, let say, hero of the west.

to make it better i think the price needs to go up. For wizzards should cos't 3 to 4k, like gandalf and saruman also are. on second thought, make ALL the CaH 4k. That way it is very difficult to use them in a rush.

RedN0mad
Dúnadan
posted 09-16-06 09:07 AM EDT (US)     8 / 16       

Quote:

lol sound like you got a kicking Red. No rush games are the best i mean its more nooby(in my opinion)to rush because your enemy has nothing to defend with! But there comes a time when you get stuck in situations like this... You should have smashed that guy easy, Mordor are a way better facton than dwarves for no rush games.(i will now give tips for people who do get stuck in this position)

1 NEVER EVER, EVER PLAY WITH CAH AS THEY ARE VERY BORING! 2. Mordor claims victory in a no rush game by getting lots(and i mean as many as posible) of attack trolls
3. get a hero early on and find a lair. Set yor hero on defence mode by the lair so whenever a troll etc etc... comes out your hero kills it therefore leveling up
4. if possible always get troop upgrades!

:::The point of rushing is to get the game moving and end it quickly if there is a big difference in skill level. I think other players will agree with me when I say that the game really begins once the rushes are over (assuming both players arwe still in it).

:::The Rush is a very important check that stops games that should be easily decided lasting for an age. It isn't about hitting your opponent when he is defenceless. He shouldn't BE defenseless. If you can get ana rmy that fast, he damn well can too so that is the most pathetic excuse I've ever come across.

:::CaH don't even seem to be based in BfME2, they're like Rambo in a 15th century period-movie. No-rush combined with the ability to level on creeps means that by the time the game kicks in you have army killers walking around.

:::As for your 3 golden points, I agree whole heartedly with 1. 2:If you think all Mordor needs is Attack Trolls clearly you haven't played against anyone with half a brain-stem.
3:I can think of few activities duller then this.
4: Yeah, Easterling bug means their heavy armour is useless, and upgrades don't save you from a tornado...

The early game should be about aggression, about gaining that upper hand that could shape the rest of the game, not a 2-player equivalent of free-game fort army builder. Why do you think so many ppl play FPS over RTS...because they are sick and tired of the bloody WAITING!

Quote:

i personly like CaH very much, it is true that they are overpowerd but in a full scale attack u need to use him wisely or he won't last that long.

I think the Dwarf Create-A-Heroes would beg to differ. Infact, all of them bar wizards really. Their durability is a joke.

[This message has been edited by RedN0mad (edited 09-16-2006 @ 09:10 AM).]

Scrat Master
Dúnadan
posted 09-16-06 11:06 AM EDT (US)     9 / 16       
RTS is all about skill. Micromanaging is a key factor. I wish I could use hot keys more frquently to save time, but I rarely use them Anyway, get catapults. Catapults are a must. Honestly, I was playing a match yesterday, and I kinda got pwned by the catapults.

I love fps. I've got loads of war fps games. I've played counterstrike at my friends a few times, but everyone on counterstrike has teh skills, probably from playing it 24/7. I've played halo and halo 2 at my friends. It pwns. Red, another reason that people play fps over rts is because you only use w,a,s,d (as well as the mouse of course ).

Scrat Master
BFME2H Replay Reviewer

DO NOT CLICK
Serpetine
Dúnadan
posted 09-18-06 06:01 PM EDT (US)     10 / 16       
All off you have a point ( one way or a other ) anyway, this is my oppinion:
People say you ar a noob when you rush, use CaH, build a lot of forts or anything like that. I think not. if both play by the rules of no rush etc. you can only call someone a noob if he looses. I bet some very good players rush sometimes.. us CaH or build more then on fort. it's just part of a stratagie. if you can't win that way you should practice or something.
as long as you play within the capabilities of the game and win, are you a noob that way?
as for CaH.
it's powers can be part of your strategie, one you can learn to use,.. personely I don't care if I play with or without. I use mine to kill other CaH's or kill ( or turn ) large groups of the enemy. I expect that my opponent will do the same with his. So who builds, and more importent uses his CaH, the best isn't noobish in perspective.

There are some things I do not tolered:.
A glitched hero.
tho you need some experience with the game to make one, I think it is noobish to use a bug in the game ( or with some others hack the game ) to have a better hero.
Disconnecting.
of course a lag could happen.. but if you disconnect to save lost points then you are a noob.
Breaking rules.
If for example there is a rule made for no rush 10 min, and you attack after 2, then you are a noob.
Ignoring team mates.
If you ignore everything your teammates say you will most likely loose. you can't win a war alone. I really hate it if my team mate sends in some units doomed to die without making a really big impact or worse helping the enemy to lvl up and gaine powerpoints.

anyway, I know most of this is more or less of topic. But if you loose a battle think before you shout out that the other is a noob.

Sorry for my bad english
Have a Nice Day
Varanus_Sapiens
Dúnadan
posted 09-18-06 07:16 PM EDT (US)     11 / 16       
I don't play multiplayer, and my game is heavily modified, so it would be pretty hard to in the first place. I modded my game so that I have nearly complete control over how powerful my CaH's are. I use it to train myself in hero micromanagement. (also, it's funny to see what happens if you change the refund percentage to 100000000 and at the same time give the brutal level AI building and resource handicaps. That experiment ended after a several days long war that ended up with me covering the entire map with walls and fortresses and gates and siege engines to eventually take down buildings that were errected in a matter of seconds...haha, it was funny) but anyway, I don't see anything wrong with building tons of fortresses and walls and seige engines. That's not n00b-ish. (unless you're playing against a seige spammer and/or sending you weapons against or near enemy non-ranged infantry...)

A n00b (in playing, anyway, since an expert player can end up being very n00b-ish on the forums.) is someone who: is too wimpy to play fair on multiplayer, and/or loses badly because of pathetic strategic skills (ie: sending cavalry against pikemen)

Advice: if you get beaten by a cheater when you play fair and get called a n00b on top of that, well, get them back and get them good. (then reserve your cheap cheats for some other person fool enough to cheat you, but don't use them in an honest game, since that would make you a n00b, and that's not good.)

static void Main()
{
Console.WriteLine("I love C#, Wolves, Komodos, and Supreme Commander." ) ;
Console.WriteLine("Press any key to end program." ) ;
Console.ReadLine() ;
}

[This message has been edited by Varanus_Sapiens (edited 09-18-2006 @ 07:20 PM).]

nosferatu666
Dúnadan
posted 09-19-06 09:21 AM EDT (US)     12 / 16       
true spoken,

it isn't that hard to change your settings so you become very strong. but what is the fun of it? if i whin of a world champ and only because he LETS me win. Then it wouldn't be a true victory.

Currently, i am trying to make a ultimate hero, a Boss, if you want. So i can whipe out any cheater i can get my hands on.

but for honost games, i rather be defeated by a champ, then that i win a hollow victory

Soicx
Dúnadan
posted 09-19-06 12:47 PM EDT (US)     13 / 16       
you learn more from loosing, than winning; just a few words of wisdom.

This is not my post, as you are the people who own the site and are going to read it so really it is your post.

This is not a post at all, as posts have to provide a sturdy foundation for a fence, this does not. it is a gate masquerading as a post.

So really this gate masquerading as a post is completely pointless!!

Varanus_Sapiens
Dúnadan
posted 09-19-06 07:00 PM EDT (US)     14 / 16       
The fun in being incredibly strong is only there if you make you opponent incredibly stong...

I like that.

There is no fun in pressing a button and getting auto victory!

static void Main()
{
Console.WriteLine("I love C#, Wolves, Komodos, and Supreme Commander." ) ;
Console.WriteLine("Press any key to end program." ) ;
Console.ReadLine() ;
}
Soicx
Dúnadan
posted 09-21-06 08:41 AM EDT (US)     15 / 16       
i hate when people ignore the no rush heading on games, and insist on using moded CAH, how can you have this order for powers, was a MOTW,

1 WOP
2 Bombard
3 mighty spear throw
4 istari light
5 heal (unlimited, he was unkillable)
6 WOP, again, used it when it recharged, then again straight after.

thats as far as i got before he demolished my entire army 3 times, then my fort went with 1 spear throw, its ridiculous. this was a 2v2 game, both me and my partner abided by the no rush rule, even after he attacked within 5mins, by the time we did get to attack, i only has 1 bat of lorien archers, and 1 barracks, by builders were dead, so was my fort, and i had 1 mallorn tree. i lost soon after.

This is not my post, as you are the people who own the site and are going to read it so really it is your post.

This is not a post at all, as posts have to provide a sturdy foundation for a fence, this does not. it is a gate masquerading as a post.

So really this gate masquerading as a post is completely pointless!!

nosferatu666
Dúnadan
posted 09-21-06 02:18 PM EDT (US)     16 / 16       
wow, i expirimented with CaH myself, but that just aint right. i made my motw to use the trowback power at lvl9 and the strongest form of it lvl 10. That makes my hero to do it better against a group. but i didn't touched the couter time (nor do i know how)

i have nothing against modding your CaH to use more powers then he should have acces to. But making a hero you just can't kill is only fun when you do it 'legaly' so it isn't impossible, but just very hard 'couse your just very good at choosing powers etc.

oh yeah, i don't use my modded CaH online UNLESS everybody knows (and agrees) i do.

btw, im happy to tell others how to putt powers of other classes in your CaH without hacking, just using a small (harmless) bug

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames