You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Create a Hero
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Blatant, Atzy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.24 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Create a Hero » good heros vs evil heros
Bottom
Topic Subject:good heros vs evil heros
ooutroll
Dúnadan
posted 07-06-06 12:46 PM EDT (US)         
ive been playing special custom hero maps 4 a while now, ive been making em 2 tho the recent ones r crashing 4 no reason (man ea r idiots), and i noticed a number of messed up things about custom heros. first of all, male elven archers look like hippy homosexuals that decided to join the army and got their heads shaved. also, its unrealistic how dwarfs have earthshaker and troll dont (WTF?) trolls are like 10 times bigger than dwarfs, the game really needs 2 be more realistic. thirdly, spear throw is insanely overpowered, on its own it would still be tolerable, but with invulnerability and blademaster, there is nothing more overpowered in the game. maybe if spear throw was aimed at an area instead of a target and you could dodge it it would be more balanced. corrupted men suck in combat, all they can do is sneaky stuff like coerce and assasin, they should get dunlanding guy with decent anti-hero or anti-troop abilities. if anyone has any more ideas, post em here

~-,-
~/`4:20
AuthorReplies:
Smeagolfan24
WICH Fanfic Moderator
posted 07-06-06 01:40 PM EDT (US)     1 / 24       
There should be new races, like hobbits, better-looking Elves, Corsairs, Dunlanders like u said, or even warg riders.

.:|Smeagol|:.
World in Conflict Heaven Cherub
Battle For Middle-earth II Heaven Replay Reviewer and Ledgend

Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend somewhere along in the bitterness.
Oh, I would have stayed up with you all night, had I known how to save a life...
Pyronix
Dúnadan
posted 07-06-06 09:33 PM EDT (US)     2 / 24       
Good always beats evil, but this is waaay unfair for evil heroes!

Evil heroes need more 'oomph' in their skills as a Troll hero should get META abilites like crush. who has seen a troll smart enough to use fire and oil or firebombs?

QuantumMechanic
Dúnadan
posted 07-07-06 08:17 AM EDT (US)     3 / 24       
Every class shares their powers - as far as the game's concerned, a troll CAH is just a big orc. This probably means that to give them different powers, EA would have to take trolls out of the 'Servant of Sauron' class.

~ Signature closed for refurbishment ~

BILL POSTERS WILL BE PROSECUTED

Smeagolfan24
WICH Fanfic Moderator
posted 07-07-06 12:49 PM EDT (US)     4 / 24       
Not all trolls are servants of sauron, so there should be a new class, Evil Creatures. It would have cave trolls, spiders or spider riders, wargs, fire drakes, you name it.

Oh, I would have stayed up with you all night, had I known how to save a life...
Kester
Seraph Emeritus
posted 07-07-06 01:14 PM EDT (US)     5 / 24       
I would love to have a fire drake as a custom hero. It wouldn't even need a great many powers to choose from - just things like greater range of fire and health.

.--.- Kester -.--.
-.--.- deviations .--. flickr .--. gamertag -.--.-
.--.- if (Kester.says("Zen! Get online")) { zen.status("online") } -.--.
ooutroll
Dúnadan
posted 07-07-06 04:39 PM EDT (US)     6 / 24       
i agree with all of the things said here, in the movie, the evil side was continuoously overwhelming the good side (thow somehow the good side still prvailed), this should be reflected in the game, so the evil heroes sucking isnt very movie-like. as for warg riders, giving orc raiders the mount ability would balance the game out, as orcs suck otherwise. also, giving haradrim mount mumakiil ability would not only look cool but make them able to contend with the good heros

~-,-
~/`4:20
Melkor1978
Dúnadan
posted 08-12-06 10:15 PM EDT (US)     7 / 24       
well if you go by the movies, the felbeasts/witchking are way too vulnrable to archers, yet if you go by the books {as u should} legolas dropped one with a single shot from his bow....but i am still of the mind that the witchking dies too easily from arrows, he should be dropped to the ground if his mount is destroyed so easily

but on the broader subject of good versus evil, as the above poster said....the good side won through more rare chances than can be counted...the movies dont even tell 1/10th the tale

the good side in BFME2 has much more power than is deserved...even if it was deserved it should not be so in a game where balance is key

[This message has been edited by Melkor1978 (edited 08-12-2006 @ 10:15 PM).]

Rikolous
Dúnadan
posted 08-16-06 09:27 AM EDT (US)     8 / 24       
the trolls in bfme2 are underpowered , if you remember in the fotr in balins tomb aragorn was hit flying by one, also trolls should come with a "chain" whip power, much like captain of gondors spear throw, and the with-king himself should be immune to normal arrows, but not to silverthorn or fire arrows. goblins should get poison arrows as an upgrade instead of fire. the balrog should be a power for goblins only, each faction should get their own ring hero. dragons should be a cah option but they could be smaller and weaker then drogoth but cost like 3500. i agree strongly with the orc mount warg idea. elves should have blonde hair and have it like all elves do !!! with braides in. motw should get more rohan buildings as u cud then decide if you want to be both or just rohan or gondor. For mordor 9 nazguls should be available and have mount horse at lvl 3 and mount nazgul at lvl 10 . damrod she be made an official hero, so should ugluk, scout uruks should be made and they can be twice as fast as uruk-hai but weaker. Seriously if EA HAD LISTENED TO ME WEN MAKING BFME 2, there would be no complaints . . . thanx 4 reading
McElfy
Dúnadan
posted 08-19-06 09:05 AM EDT (US)     9 / 24       
i think trolls are to underpowered because thay have huge wepons and they olny take out 1 unit at a time.
Rikolous
Dúnadan
posted 08-19-06 08:42 PM EDT (US)     10 / 24       
ye thats bad but i gotta mod to sort that
bart10001
Dúnadan
posted 08-24-06 06:04 PM EDT (US)     11 / 24       
its the way of all the games
good always wins even if evil has 500 soilders and good only has 10

"Eat my shorts!"- Bart Simpson
"Damm TV!It ruined my imagination and my ability to umm'well uh... you know"- Bart Simpson
Smeagolfan24
WICH Fanfic Moderator
posted 08-25-06 04:59 PM EDT (US)     12 / 24       
But evil has to win sometimes; it's how the game is made. In the books and movies, good always wins somehow, yet in BFME2 either good or evil can win.

Rikolous
Dúnadan
posted 08-26-06 01:21 PM EDT (US)     13 / 24       
CaH SUCKED !! I WAS EXPECTING A WHOLE LOT MORE !!
Soicx
Dúnadan
posted 08-31-06 07:08 AM EDT (US)     14 / 24       
Me too, i was hoping for more options, and better looking elves. trolls should have separate powers to orks and uruks.

This is not my post, as you are the people who own the site and are going to read it so really it is your post.

This is not a post at all, as posts have to provide a sturdy foundation for a fence, this does not. it is a gate masquerading as a post.

So really this gate masquerading as a post is completely pointless!!

Rikolous
Dúnadan
posted 08-31-06 07:45 AM EDT (US)     15 / 24       
yup definately, and Wizards should have powers depending on if they are good or evil

Rikolous, [insert clever/funny phrase in the space provided]
Scrat Master
Dúnadan
posted 09-03-06 03:45 PM EDT (US)     16 / 24       
Dragon CAH = pwnage

Scrat Master
BFME2H Replay Reviewer

DO NOT CLICK
Smeagolfan24
WICH Fanfic Moderator
posted 09-03-06 04:18 PM EDT (US)     17 / 24       
Remember that by the War of the Ring, all dragons were dead. In the Rise o' the WK, they may add some because they would be alive then. I agree, though. Dragon CaH would rock.

GandalfDaGraay
Dúnadan
posted 09-03-06 09:57 PM EDT (US)     18 / 24       
I'd love a dragon CaH........ *sigh*

It is too bad the evil Create-a-Heroes are kinda lame... but that's why my fav CaH that I use for evil is a wizard. Yehudit completely pwns. Fireball, Lightning Ball, Blink, Teleport, Convert - what more could you possibly want? Get a sight power on the enemy fortress, and you can blink him in (killing guys in the process if you can ), convert a bunch of their battalions, teleport in your army, and destroy the whole freaking place!!

Plus, I love Yehudit because he's finished off Sauron before.
So who needs evil heroes?
Really though, I wouldn't completely discount the Corrupted Men, remember they have convert too. That with stealth can cause a lot of trouble. I've got an Easterling with those two, and he's not half bad.

Heck to the darkness
"That's fairly similar to what I thought you sounded like. Deep, gravelly, and wise sounding. Though the gravelly bit could've been mic quality?" -Atzy
"HeavenGames forbid!" -Smeagolfan24

[This message has been edited by GandalfDaGraay (edited 09-03-2006 @ 10:09 PM).]

Aranel
Dúnadan
posted 09-04-06 00:33 AM EDT (US)     19 / 24       
Convert is... limited. blink/WOP is a much better combo in my eyes.

All dragons were NOT dead by the war of the ring. Just the great fire drakes like Smuag.

A simple facial distortion tool could better customize heroes.

Spear throw really needs to be toned down - it can take down a fortress. Hero duels arn't even fun because you just get owned by spear throw.

I like to make Heroes for fun, not just for function. Like my "ninja" hero looks exactly like a ninja. Stuff like that.

Small cold drakes might be considerable CAH's, as might be a spider rider for the goblins.

Scrat Master
Dúnadan
posted 09-04-06 05:49 AM EDT (US)     20 / 24       
I wish you could have Smaug as an availible hero in the game, but EA don't have the rights to characters from the hobbit

Scrat Master
BFME2H Replay Reviewer

DO NOT CLICK
Soicx
Dúnadan
posted 09-04-06 10:27 AM EDT (US)     21 / 24       
that would be better than having to make up a dragon hero.

This is not my post, as you are the people who own the site and are going to read it so really it is your post.

This is not a post at all, as posts have to provide a sturdy foundation for a fence, this does not. it is a gate masquerading as a post.

So really this gate masquerading as a post is completely pointless!!

Serpetine
Dúnadan
posted 09-06-06 02:12 AM EDT (US)     22 / 24       
My haradrim Cah Rules. it has turn at lvl 1 good for defends on rushing troops. on lvl 10 it's a master on stealth and turn. you think you have a big army that can crush the opponent? think again. turn allows you to use his own army against him. plus it uses up his command points. if you do it often enough the enemy can;t even make a army.
You can make it to the purpuse you wanne use it. want a other hero to get killed fast, use assasin attack. want your trols, wargs, etc to get to lvl 5 on a now rush battle to suprise the enemy use train ally's. want him to be usfull against big army's. firebomb and turn would come in handy. and switch weapon allows you to attack on a distance, not that bad if you're in a castel map or if your hero is damaged but still wanne fight with him. you can just run if troops come to close.

Sorry for my bad english
Have a Nice Day
Scrat Master
Dúnadan
posted 09-07-06 02:31 PM EDT (US)     23 / 24       
The troll CAH kinda sucks in this game. The ones in ROTWK look awesome though...

Scrat Master
BFME2H Replay Reviewer

DO NOT CLICK
Smeagolfan24
WICH Fanfic Moderator
posted 09-07-06 05:08 PM EDT (US)     24 / 24       
Is the Wyrm a dragon/drake w/o wings? It can breathe fire, after all. That would be a cool hero.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames