You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Create a Hero
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Blatant, Atzy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Create a Hero » List of VERY obscure heros
Bottom
Topic Subject:List of VERY obscure heros
Darchot
Dúnadan
posted 05-28-06 04:29 PM EDT (US)         
Hello, I've been reading LOTR lately (not that I ever actually read much else) and decided to make some of Tolkien's less used (briefly mentioned as a matter of fact)characters In the CaH function. This is somewhat of an exposition of the MOST obscure heros you can find. Here are some of mine, (mostly taken from the Hobbit)

For the Goblins.

Golfimbul:
Golfimbul was the king of the Goblns at the battle of Green fields. Bullroarer Took charged Golfimul's soldiers, and got him pinned down. Then old Bullroarer grabbed a club and sent Golfimul's head 100 yards, where it landed in a rabbit hole. Hence the game of Golf was invented.

Azog:
Azog killed Thror, Thorin's Grandfather, in the mines of Moria, this started a war of veangence between the Orcs and the Dwarves. In the final battle Azog was killed by Dain, Nain's son, but not before killing Nain himself in a battle that distracted him from the sight of the retreating Orcs. This was the battle of Azanulbizar, it was fought outside the gates of Moria, the Orcs had the high ground on the slopes of the grey mountains, the sun was hidden behind clouds, and they were many more in number, but still the dwarves prevailed. Azog was killed only a few meters away from safety in the mines, his head was severed. Azog is a huge (and fast) goblin (as the Appendix states) and I really enjoy playing with him.

For the Dwarves.

Thror:
Thror was Thorin Oakenshield's Grandfather, he escaped Smaug's attack and made a map of the secret exit he and his son Thrain used. He gave the map to Thrain before he entered the mines of Moria where he was killed by Azog the Goblin.

Thrain:
Thrain was Thorin Oakenshield's father. Thrain went back to the area near Erebor where he had many adventures (none of them mentioned) he never got close to the mountain again as he was imprisoned by the mysterious necromancer. Gandalf referred that the necromancer was stronger than all the dwarves of Middle Earth put together. Thrain was disoriented by the necromancer's memory spells and could hardly remember his own name when he escaped (presumeably with Gandalf' help). Thrain could'nt remember much of anything (including his son's name) but he did manage to give Gandalf the map of Lonely mountain and the key to the secret entrance before he wandered out to the uncharted east never to be seen again. (I especially enjoy playing with him too)

I do not have any pictures, but I invite people to search the books for obscure characters and then make what you think they'd look like (not forgetting to check ALL sources, I had Azog all wrong the first time).

There's a clatter at your house, an Orc is on your roof, Who you gonna call?

<Dugorim, your resident Orc Expert>

[This message has been edited by Darchot (edited 05-29-2006 @ 11:12 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
QuantumMechanic
Dúnadan
posted 05-29-06 04:20 AM EDT (US)     1 / 11       
    - Elrond's sons, Elladan and Elrohir. They appear at Rivendell and the Paths of the Dead, and have a reasonably significant role, but I hardly see them mentioned.

- Ingold, a gate-keeper, who Gandalf speaks to at the gates of Pelennor before he and Pippin reach Minas Tirith.

- Halbarad, who lead the Dunedain south to aid Rohan and Gondor. Good friend of Aragorn.

- Some of the old Rohan and Gondor kings. Eorl the Young, Helm Hammerhand and Fréaláf Hildeson are some of Rohan's, I can't think of any Gondor ones off hand. There's a full list in the LOTR appendices, sometimes with suitable stories attached.

- Slight mistype: Golfimbur should be Golfimbul.

I might put more up later, but I've got to go now.

~ Signature closed for refurbishment ~

BILL POSTERS WILL BE PROSECUTED

[This message has been edited by QuantumMechanic (edited 05-29-2006 @ 04:21 AM).]

Pulkit
Dúnadan
posted 05-30-06 08:02 AM EDT (US)     2 / 11       
Many of these are quite little known, indeed! It's great to have a list of hero names one can use. Though, I prefer to use known heroes so that I can base their powers on their roles in LotR.

We really need female names, though. Anyone know any?

Tales of Middle-Earth | Don't miss it
QuantumMechanic
Dúnadan
posted 05-30-06 11:01 AM EDT (US)     3 / 11       
Alrighty then, here we go!

- Arathorn, Aragorn's father.

- Bill Ferny, one of the ruffians of Bree. Perhaps he could just pass as an easterling?

- Ceorl, messenger of Gondor who travelled to Rohan to warn Theoden.

- Dwarves of Thorin Oakenshield's company. Gloin is already in it, but Dwalin, Dori, Nori, Bifur, Bofur and Bombur were all still around during the War of the Ring, and probably involved in the battle when Sauron attacked Erebor. Balin, Ori and Oin went into Moria.

- Dunhere, rohirrim, chieftain of the folk of Harrowdale, who speaks to Theoden during the muster of Rohan.

- Eomund, father of Eomer and Eowyn.

- Eothain, rohirrim of Eomer's company. Laughs at Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli.

- Ioreth, a healer of Minas Tirith. Not actually involved in any combat, but I suppose you could overlook that for the purposes of the game.

- King Brand of Dale, grandson of Bard the bowman who shot Smaug.

- Mablung and Damrod, the two of Faramir's men who Frodo and Sam spoke to. In the book, they continued to defend Ithlien during the siege of Minas Tirith. In the film, Mablung was the ranger who Faramir often spoke to and whom Gothmog skewered in Osgiliath before making his, "The age of men is over," speech.

- Radagast the Brown, Istari and friend of Gandalf. Knows much of birds and beasts. Alatar and Pallando, the two other Istari, are other possible candidates. They both wore sea-blue when they arrived. They travelled east, and never returned to the west. Nothing more is known of them, but are suspected to be the founders of magic cults that outlasted the fall of Sauron. I suppose you could do what you wanted to with those two.

- Shagrat and Gorbag are an uruk-hai and orc of Cirith Ungol. More obscure than that is Snaga, the cowardly orc who Shagrat chased around the tower, who ran into Sam and who finally broke his neck falling from the trapdoor to where Frodo was held. (The name means slave, and probably a lot of orcs had that name.) More obscure still are Lagduf and Muzgash who were shot when fleeing the tower, and finally Ufthak who was captured by Shelob and gave the other orcs a right laugh.

Quite a few of these names have accented letters, but I can't get that to work - it all shows up question marks.

If I do much more of this I'm going to get a headache. There are still a lot more, but if your copy of LOTR has an index, they're easy to find out about!

Edit: Clarified who Snaga was.

[This message has been edited by QuantumMechanic (edited 05-31-2006 @ 05:36 AM).]

Darchot
Dúnadan
posted 05-30-06 05:33 PM EDT (US)     4 / 11       
Snaga? I'm sure that is'nt a person, those are the orcs that are somewhat useless, you know, the ones that are the Orc-labourers. Also, Alatar and Pallando could've done anything, but whatever they did they failed, they may have actually pushed the men of Rhun to destroy Gondor, at which they failed, or they may have tried to convince them to not go west to fight, in which case they also failed. I prefer the first one, the thought of wizards in league with the Easterlings is just cool. Also, have you all seen the four Ages mod? In it you will have a first age Sauron, who can turn into a bat, a bear, and maybe a were-wolf, you will NOT have Morgoth, sigh. He is a Valar, and to powerful for any to contend with. They're gonna have a boat loada heros! And mini-factions, a campaign that goes from the first age where you control Feanor to the very seige if Minas Tirith, IMAGINE THAT! I've already seen their faction things and I can't WAIT. I also have a few more to add to this.

Bullroarer Took:
Bullroarer Took, a huge and famous Hobbit, grand-uncle of Bilbo.

Al Pharazon:
The last king of Numenor, he was evil, nuff said, I dunno how he'd fit, but I made him for the funnof it.

Dis:
A female Dwarf (no beard stupid) I dunno, if you can work the CaH enough maybe you can pull something off.

Farmer Cotton:
Yes, the mad Hobbit town leader is here! We're raisin the Shire and I'll warm me hands on this fire if I want!

Thorin I (not Oakenshield)
::::No description available.-.Sry::::

There's a clatter at your house, an Orc is on your roof, Who you gonna call?

<Dugorim, your resident Orc Expert>

Ivy KIll4
Dúnadan
posted 07-05-06 12:38 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11       

Quote:

you will NOT have Morgoth, sigh. He is a Valar, and to powerful for any to contend with.

Bah ... Feanor + Fingolfin = owned Morgoth

if only they were together :/

Smeagolfan24
WICH Fanfic Moderator
posted 07-06-06 05:36 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11       
Eldarion is Aragorn's son.

.:|Smeagol|:.
World in Conflict Heaven Cherub
Battle For Middle-earth II Heaven Replay Reviewer and Ledgend

Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend somewhere along in the bitterness.
Oh, I would have stayed up with you all night, had I known how to save a life...
ooutroll
Dúnadan
posted 07-07-06 10:14 PM EDT (US)     7 / 11       
some more:
Ugluk, the leader of the uruk-hai that were supposed to take merry and pippin to isengard

Herumor, an evil man who was supposedly organizing a rebellion against the gondor kings in The New Shadow

Hazad, a villager living in the third age that witnessed the coming of the Numenorieans to Middle-Earth

Snaga was used for a variety of orcs, its not actually a person. it meant "slave" in the orc-tongue, and was used by the uruk-hai to define weaker orcs

Arador, Aragorn's grandfather, was slain by trolls in the late third age

Finduilas, the mother of Boromir and Faramir

Deagol, the hobbit who first found the ring, was strangled by Smeagol (a.k.a Gollum)

Butterbur was the owner of the Prancing Pony Inn

Echthelion was Denethor's father

Fimbrethil: and ent, and a friend of Treebeard

Gwaihir: a giant eagle who Gandalf rode a number of times to and from various places

Imrahil: the prince of Dol Amroth (i think), participated in the Battle of the Pelennor Fields

Scatha, a dragon that made his home in the north during the third age. perhaps a wyrm?

Fladrif, another ent

Ungoliant, the first giant spider, aided Morgoth in killing the Trees of Valinor, and is a descendant of Shelob

~-,-
~/`4:20
QuantumMechanic
Dúnadan
posted 07-08-06 05:38 AM EDT (US)     8 / 11       
Yes, Imrahil is the Prince of Dol Amroth. When you mention Hazad, you could also mention his son, Tar-Elmar uHazad (the odd capitalisation is intentional: the lowercase 'u' indicates he is the son of the name that follows - but perhaps you already knew that), who plays a larger part in the story he appears in. I suppose you could also mention Morgu, the chief of the village, although he came across as fat and not very suited for combat.

I thought we were just meant to do heroes that could be done in CAH, but seeing as how we've got ents, I might as well add Beechbone who sadly went up in flames at Isengard, courtesy of Saruman.

ooutroll
Dúnadan
posted 07-08-06 04:25 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11       
A list of heros from the first age, irrelevant to lotr but still cool:

Turin Turambar: a hero who slew Glaurung, the first dragon

Beren: another hero who stole a Silmaril form Morgoth's crown

Luthien: Beren's elvish lover (and, later, wife)

Beor: one of the chieftains of men who led his people to Beleriand

Also, Beorn was a shapeshifter in the third age who helped Gandalf and the dwarves (and Bilbo) on their way to Erebor, he was pretty cool and it sucks how he was forgotten.

~-,-
~/`4:20

[This message has been edited by ooutroll (edited 07-09-2006 @ 01:45 PM).]

H65536H
Dúnadan
posted 07-25-06 12:19 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11       
The way things are going, you might as well all the elven princes and their descendants:

-the 7 sons of Feanor (not to mention Feanor himself), plus Feanor's grandson Celebrimor who forged the three elven rings of power
-the children of Fingolfin: Fingon, Turgon, and possibly Ar-Feiniel, their children Gi-Galad and Magelin (their is an Idril as a create a hero)
-Elros: the first Numenorian king
-Finarfin and his children: Finrod, and company.
-Ingwe of the Vanyar, who is considered high king of all elves
-Olwe, Lord of Aqualonde, his bro, King Thingol of Diorath
-Various Edain who allied with the men (even though they are not elves)
-Earendil who was Elrond and Elros' father

And the list goes on with Numenorian kings and other elves ...

neo222
Dúnadan
posted 07-27-06 07:08 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11       

Quote:

- Eothain, rohirrim of Eomer's company. Laughs at Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli.

Yup, that's me.

Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames