You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Create a Hero
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Blatant, Atzy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Create a Hero » CaH builds?
Bottom
Topic Subject:CaH builds?
TFurno
Dúnadan
posted 05-21-06 05:23 PM EDT (US)         
I recently played on a 1v1 CaH duel game against a shield maiden (I was a Captain of Gondor). She summoned some soldiers as did I but she converted the aligiance of my soldiers and took control of my Hero...I had no control of my hero and It just started killing the enemy soldiers. She then killed my with spear throw.This is not possible is it? I was a little mad (my 35 game winning streak is over)but If I didnt want to lose I shouldnt have joind a CaH duel game.

[This message has been edited by TFurno (edited 05-22-2006 @ 08:17 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Pyronix
Dúnadan
posted 05-24-06 06:27 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
:O Thats weird. I'm going to look into this.
QuantumMechanic
Dúnadan
posted 05-24-06 07:56 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
It sounds like the other player managed to give their hero a version of Wormtongue's Rank 10 power that does the same thing, but this isn't one of the options for Create-A-Hero. However, it might be possible to do it the long way round. (If modding isn't your thing, skip over the rest of the paragraph!) They could have made a mod that let them give their hero this power. Then, once the hero was saved, they could restore the original unmodded files so that they could play online again - their hero would still have that power in the file.

Of course, this is just a theory, and it might not work in practice. You will find there are a few people out there who look to exploit loopholes. My brother came up against someone with a custom map once, only to discover that the map involved his own fortress being completely blockaded by battle towers. Your case might be something similar where the person has found themselves an unfair advantage.

Still, what's the point? You humiliate your opponent to gain a few measly statistics to make yourself look better at the game than you are. There's a word for people like that, but I'd probably be thrown off of Heaven Games for typing it.

Of course, it might not be that at all! If the person who played the Shield Maiden in question is reading this, know that I bear you no grudge whatsoever.

~ Signature closed for refurbishment ~

BILL POSTERS WILL BE PROSECUTED

TFurno
Dúnadan
posted 06-09-06 00:23 AM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
What didnt make sense at all was that when I had no control over my hero I could click on him and tell his to move and everything was normal but He wouldnt do anything I said. Isnt that different that the wormtongue power?
Drayson
Banned
posted 06-15-06 04:57 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
Sounds like a cripple strike attack, do shieldmaidens have that?
QuantumMechanic
Dúnadan
posted 06-16-06 02:25 AM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
Yes, they do. That makes much more sense than what I said. Was there a big red ring thingy around the hero at the time?

~ Signature closed for refurbishment ~

BILL POSTERS WILL BE PROSECUTED

TFurno
Dúnadan
posted 06-17-06 01:07 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
It was not cripple strike. I am a top 1,000 1v1 player and I would have noticed...im not a newb. He converted my troops and never attacked me besides the spear throw so he never could have used cripple strike. I dont remember exactly but while my hero was converted, the enemy hero was standing still while her arms were raised and twerling her weapon while emiting light. My hero looked absolutely normal but I couldnt control him. This was something that was not normal.
Drayson
Banned
posted 06-17-06 03:03 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
Take it easy mate! I wasn't trying to offend you. Prolly just a bug... or a hack.
TFurno
Dúnadan
posted 06-17-06 06:10 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
My bad, just was a little frustrated.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames