You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Replays
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Atzy, Blatant

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.45 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Replays » Smeagolfan! Here's your replay (review)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Smeagolfan! Here's your replay (review)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Ludson
Dúnadan
posted 07-09-07 11:24 AM EDT (US)         
We had two matchups against same dudes. And I gotta say, really proud of Cinnis.
Part one:

http://bfme2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=447

Part two:http://bfme2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=448

I really apprieceted if you could reviews these for us.

Thanks.

"A new pie is rising..., there will be no pie for Grima"
AuthorReplies:
Smeagolfan24
WICH Fanfic Moderator
posted 07-09-07 12:28 PM EDT (US)     1 / 45       
Dear me. I've got three lined up, and I plan on doing Sir Snoopy's first. Give me a couple of days, please.

.:|Smeagol|:.
World in Conflict Heaven Cherub
Battle For Middle-earth II Heaven Replay Reviewer and Ledgend

Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend somewhere along in the bitterness.
Oh, I would have stayed up with you all night, had I known how to save a life...
Ludson
Dúnadan
posted 07-09-07 12:42 PM EDT (US)     2 / 45       
ok, I'll wait.

Cinnis
Dúnadan
posted 07-11-07 03:07 PM EDT (US)     3 / 45       
I hope that I get better score in this one...
Smeagolfan24
WICH Fanfic Moderator
posted 07-11-07 05:52 PM EDT (US)     4 / 45       
TA-DA!

2 v 2 on Minhiriath
Ludson224 (Dwarves) and Cinnis (Elves) vs. SexyPistol (MOTW) and DIASbestGOD (Isengard)

Ludson224 (Dwarves)

Build Order: Mine >>> Mine >>> Hall of Warriors >>> Mine

Pros

[+] Hooray for stances!
[+] You established a firm handhold early on with a steady stream of units and plenty of mines, allowing you to get an early Forge and two heroes.
[+] Bombard FTW!

Averages

[=] This goes for both you and Cinnis, although mostly you: Why didnt you expand in the space where the Isengard player was? It was wide open for the taking!
[=] Your Forge was mainly inactive.
[=] Its always a good idea to send a builder over to your partners base, just in case.
[=] I, personally, think that Men of Dale would have been a better choice than hobbits, but since you think they helped much more, I'll make this an Average.

Cons

[-] You didnt seem to use the Mine System as much, which would have helped to defeat the weaker Isengard player quicker. The mines are the Dwarves best defense.
[-] Your flow of units wasnt as strong as the other games for some reason. You didnt seem to have enough units to deal with your enemies.
[-] Why did you leave the Isengard players resource buildings up? They were helping him return!

Overall score: 2.5

Not as good a game for you, mainly because of the lack of the mine system and some other things you were doing in your other games. You did have some more teamwork, but

Cinnis (Elves)

Build Order: Mallorn >>> Mallorn >>> Green Pasture >>> Lancers

Pros

[+] Hooray for stances!
[+] A nice Lancer rush there, although (purely as a suggestion) you might want to try to build a forward stables. Its really up to you, but it would allow you to do rushes faster.
[+] Good awareness of his unit choice (Knights) by building more Sentries.

Averages

[=]More Lancers would have been a good shock troop to destroy his buildings quickly.
[=] Dont waste your time attacking non-important buildings like those Warg Sentries. Try and focus on taking out his unit buildings first in an attack.

Cons

[-] I really dont think Mirkwood were the best choice of units, mainly because he still had a lot of Knights on the field.
[-]As well, dont try and kill a hero unless you know you can beat him easily. When hes running right back through his base and youre still attacking him, youre giving up a free ticket to destroy.

Overall score: 3

A much better game from you. I can see youre improving rapidly, but dont forget to help your friend out. Some things to work on: Getting rid of your Mirkwood obsession (), more heroes and upgrades.

SexyPistol (MOTW)

Build Order: Farm >>> Stables >>> Farm >>> Farm

Pros

[+] Hooray for stances!
[+] Another strong, early economy that could keep up the stream of Knights and three heroes.
[+] You seem to know how to progress into late game strategies very well, shown by your invincible army and base when everyone else still had small bands to raid.
[+] A very, very nice base defense!

Averages

[=] I didnt think you used enough Cavalry. An upgraded army of Rohirrim, Thoden, Eomer, and Knights of Dol Amroth would have easily destroyed both of your enemies.
[=] You didnt even use Rohirrim later in the game.
[=] Forgotten units, anyone?

Cons

[-] Lost Thoden as soon as you got him.
[-] You didnt attack as much as you could have. Maybe a little overcautioning?
[-] You gave up when things looked a little shaky, leaving your teammate to die. Wheres your pride?

Overall score: 3.5

I thought you played a very nice game, and I can tell youre a good player. The thing is, you gave up. When you could have come back. Thats not good.

DIASbestGOD (Isengard)

Build Order: Furnace >>> Clan Standing >>> Furnace >>> Wildmen of Dunland

Pros

[+] Good relocation, especially since you built the right units to counter his army: Wargs.
[+] Good placement of building in both bases, especially when you were protected with your partners mighty fortress!
[+] Nice rush force of three Wildmen. His units had no chance.

Averages

[=]Excellent uses of Crebain.
[=] Some more could have been happening at your fortress; you had almost no defences, and then you realized you needed to protect yourself more when you have to relocate.

Cons

[-] No stances.
[-] You really had no choice but to quit, but you definitely were not defeated.
[-] You didnt assist your partner much at all.

Overall score: 2

I think the main reason you lost was because you didnt put much faith in your original base. Of course, its your own strategy, but I think that you could have helped a little more in this match; it was mainly your friend doing the work.

Overall Game Score:4

I thought this game was very interesting to see a full-fledged 2v2 game, with action all around and little time to react. You can see four decent players battle it out with different strategies, to a final battle that will decide the outcome.

Oh, I would have stayed up with you all night, had I known how to save a life...

[This message has been edited by Smeagolfan24 (edited 07-12-2007 @ 10:12 AM).]

Ludson
Dúnadan
posted 07-12-07 03:49 AM EDT (US)     5 / 45       
Umm, which part was it? 1? And about the hobbits, if I remember right I was the one summoning them. Have you seen hobbit rocks against heroes??? They wipe them out in a seconds. The hobbits saved my Gloin against Eomer/Theoden(not remember which one) and his horse minions. I really disagree about the minus you gave (to cinnis:/).

And are you going to review the other part?

Smeagolfan24
WICH Fanfic Moderator
posted 07-12-07 10:10 AM EDT (US)     6 / 45       
This was part one, and I'm sorry that I thought Cinnis had the hobbits. I did not think the hobbits were as effective aas you thought they were, but I'll change this to an Average after hearing your take.

Yes, I'll review Part Two.

Ludson
Dúnadan
posted 07-12-07 02:02 PM EDT (US)     7 / 45       
I made one video just for you to proof me right. It doesn't show hobbits against heroes, but it gives you my point

Vola http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i9NlO6jiOk

Sorry bout the bad quality.

Edit: I think what's wrong with my game. Everytime I charge my final attack to my enemy and I think I've won the game, I completely stopping doing units/ buildings etc. I know that's bad habbit, because you never can be sure of your victory. I try to fix this one out.

Smeagolfan24
WICH Fanfic Moderator
posted 07-12-07 05:35 PM EDT (US)     8 / 45       
That's one of the hardest things about this game: keeping your base active and units churning while making an assault. It comes with practice.

Cinnis
Dúnadan
posted 07-16-07 01:41 PM EDT (US)     9 / 45       
Yeah... We got the replay of the week. This is HUGE!
Smeagolfan24
WICH Fanfic Moderator
posted 07-16-07 02:09 PM EDT (US)     10 / 45       
Congrats to both of you.

A note to all aspiring Replay Reviewers, you may review Part Two for your application, then I'll post my own.

theinsaneninja
Dúnadan
posted 07-16-07 06:02 PM EDT (US)     11 / 45       
Note I have stated that I want to be a RR. I have reviewed replays in the past for smeagolfan when he couldn't. Sorry that I havent done any replays just now for you guys. I had 4 I did here at the house for you guys then I lost my file . Ill get ya'll some more later. sorry.

Cinnis and luddy versus vs. SexyPistol and DIASbestGOD

Cinnis as Elves
BO Tree>>>> tree>>>>green pasture>>>>Lancers
Pros
  • Fast Calvary
  • Nice rush but it about killed you!

Averages
  • building instead of builder
  • dont charge pike with lancers
  • elven archer would have helped
  • Stances ok but not great!

Cons
  • went for a furnace instead of stopping his unit flow!

A good lancer rush need to keep its lancers alive never lose any lancers! You would have lost less units if you had taken down diass uruk pit. A good game but it could have been better. Work on your stances as the really help you. Be more aggressive but not to pikes you were. Player rate is a 4 You played a good game and you got a hero but did not use him much. But you still won thanks a lot to luddy.

Ludson as dwarves
    BO Mine>>>>Mine>>>>Hall>>>> mine
    Pros
  • Good placement of mine next to outpost!
  • you saved cinnis when he was defenseless at his base!
    Good team work!
  • Nice kart use!
  • you used your mines!
  • Nice usage of heros

Averages
  • stances were good but sometimes you forgot about them

Cons
  • You charged a group of fire archers when you could have run away.

Good game. Player rating is 4.89 You played a great game and you deserve the credit. You really helped your ally and you still killed your enemy and most of his. You use the mines and got heros! And even used the battle wagon really well. Good job. Keep working on stances though. You mostly had them.

Pistol as MOTW
    BO Archery Range>>>>farm>>>>Farm>>>> ;Archers
    Pros
  • You took down the wight lair with your archers at the beginning.

Averages
  • Fire arrow rush. That works better when an opponent is not doing a lancer rush!
  • Stances. You used them sometimes

Cons
  • You went at the very start for the signal Fire instead of the outpost?? WHY?
  • And later you let luddy take your signal without a problem.
  • You did not help your ally.
  • Why did you not use the fire arrows when you rushed with them? You had the money.
  • You never even tried to capture the outpost!
  • You gave up! Reclaim your manhood Never, never, never give up
    A fire arrow rush was a really bad idea. Player rating is 3. You did ok fighting but work on useable strategies. And stances work on those too.

DiasGod as Isenguard
    BO Furnace>>>> Warg pit>>>> Warg pit level 2>>>> Furnace
    Pros
  • You took down one of cinnises builders! But this is stretching as a pro. You just looked so sad having no pros up here.

Averages
  • You rushed cinninses base but all you did was take down one builder.
  • You beat off several attacks to your base. Once you realized that you were being attacked.
  • Micro. It was really sad. Lets leave it there.

Cons
  • You could have taken down the lancers at the beginning and helped your ally at the same time. Not attacking probably lost the game.
  • You sat there while you were being killing by pikemen. Wargs do not mix well with pikes.
  • Stances? What are those?. Please use them
  • Lets attack the enemy base while mine is being taken down! What a great Idea!! You took forever to respond to you base being attacked.
  • You never tried for the outpost either! They really help! Get them!
  • You gave up! Reclaim your manhood Never, never, never give up
    Rating is 1.76 You were horrible. Sorry but. do not warg rush in rise. The upgrading takes too long and is too expensive. NEVER GIVE UP That really killed your rating. you depress me I must go eat some chocolate. Good bye. But before I leave I must rate this. Game rating is 4 The game really shows how to use the dwarves thanks to luddson, And a lancer rush, and a warg rush which failed. Now I leave to eat some chocolate mint ice cream. *runs off*

Winner of the Most predictably unpredictable award!

"The less people know about how sausages and laws are made, the better they'll sleep at night."
    - Otto von Bismarck

[This message has been edited by theinsaneninja (edited 07-18-2007 @ 02:41 PM).]

• Ludson
    Dúnadan
    posted 07-17-07 03:23 PM EDT (US)     12 / 45       
    Nice, replay of the week thanks... Not much competition though...

Note for you: Maybe it would be better to only post ready reviews? It's only confusing and not helping anyone .

Lol, Luddy P:PD:

theinsaneninja
    Dúnadan
    posted 07-18-07 02:45 PM EDT (US)     13 / 45       
    Smeagol how do you like that. I even did the colors for the review pro's con's ect.

"The less people know about how sausages and laws are made, the better they'll sleep at night."
    - Otto von Bismarck
    Ludson
    Dúnadan
    posted 07-18-07 02:50 PM EDT (US)     14 / 45       
    MMM, I'm little confused. Is this the part 2?

Nice replay though , lol

You actually had couple jokes in it. Good job. You would be a great second reviewer in these forums. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by Ludson (edited 07-18-2007 @ 07:31 PM).]

theinsaneninja
    Dúnadan
    posted 07-18-07 04:16 PM EDT (US)     15 / 45       
    Yes this is part two. you did a good job.

- Otto von Bismarck
    Cinnis
    Dúnadan
    posted 07-20-07 03:08 PM EDT (US)     16 / 45       
    Thanks for review, that was pretty good. It was terrible mistake when my lancers rushed straight to those pikes... I forgot to put them defensive stance.
    Ludson
    Dúnadan
    posted 07-20-07 03:17 PM EDT (US)     17 / 45       
    So, Smeagolfan are you going to review the part 2 too, or are your easy old days bout to begin, now that we have our latest new reviewer?

Sir Snoopy
    Dúnadan
    posted 07-20-07 03:24 PM EDT (US)     18 / 45       
    I'm sory to be the one to break it to you ludson,
    but here.
    http://bfme2.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=2,911,0,20

Retired GameReplays.org Senior Replay Reviewer
    World Class Drum Corps International Mellophonist 2009
    Proud Winner of "Best Newbie Award" BFME2H, a long time ago
    Ludson
    Dúnadan
    posted 07-21-07 08:55 AM EDT (US)     19 / 45       
    how sad. Well scorch?

Sir Snoopy
    Dúnadan
    posted 07-21-07 02:20 PM EDT (US)     20 / 45       
    I might do it when I finnish HPDH.
    I've done reviews before, so it might to your satifaction.

Retired GameReplays.org Senior Replay Reviewer
    World Class Drum Corps International Mellophonist 2009
    Proud Winner of "Best Newbie Award" BFME2H, a long time ago
    Scorch062
    Dúnadan
    posted 07-22-07 05:53 AM EDT (US)     21 / 45       
    I didnt even know there was a part 2, give me a link and ill do it as soon as i can.

".`.rh, rmg hrg .`."
    "Executing order 66 my lord"
    "If we're all clones, why am I the only one with a sense of humor?"
    BFME2 Replay Reviewer
    Ludson
    Dúnadan
    posted 07-22-07 07:14 AM EDT (US)     22 / 45       
    Well, the link has been in the main post since the topic have existed. The link after writing part two

I'll give it to you here too, if you can't find it
    :http://bfme2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=448

Scorch062
    Dúnadan
    posted 07-23-07 06:04 AM EDT (US)     23 / 45       
    I will get on it as soon as tomorrow i should have it ready in a day.

".`.rh, rmg hrg .`."
    BFME2 Replay Reviewer
    Scorch062
    Dúnadan
    posted 07-25-07 07:24 AM EDT (US)     24 / 45       
    Sorry i havnt done it yet, ive been held up with school work i will get it done as soon as i can.

".`.rh, rmg hrg .`."
    BFME2 Replay Reviewer
    Lady Arcola
    SHH Seraph
    posted 07-27-07 00:49 AM EDT (US)     25 / 45       
    Scorch did you get an email from me? if not can you email me at arcola at heavengames dot com. Thanks

Seraph Lady Arcola
    "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
    "A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~
    « Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames